2022+ F-150 Lightning Electric 1/2-ton - Ford's all-electric F-150 has arrived!

Tesla NACS Adapter Available to Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 08:24 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 685 Likes on 446 Posts
Tesla NACS Adapter Available to Order

Per Ford:

Today, Ford F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-E retail customers are the first of any non-Tesla automaker to gain access to Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada.

According to a *** Automotive Consumer Sentiment Study, lack of charging stations is the second largest barrier after price when it comes to purchasing an electric vehicle. As EV prices come down, improving access to reliable fast charging is critical to help more customers confidently choose an EV.

The 15,000+ available Tesla Superchargers more than double customer access to reliable DC fast charging on the BlueOval™ Charge Network.

Ford is saying thank you to its electric vehicle customers by making the Fast Charging Adapter available at no cost to new and existing customers enrolled in the BlueOval™ Charge Network through June 30, 2024. The adapter is required to charge at upgraded Tesla Superchargers. Ford retail EV customers are the first in the industry to have the opportunity to order the Fast Charging Adapter.

Reserve Fast Charging Adapter

Retail customers will be eligible to receive a complimentary adapter if ordered by June 30, 2024. Future Ford EV customers can purchase the adapter from Ford for $230 (including estimated tax and shipping).

Ford Pro commercial customers will be contacted this Spring by mail at the address registered with Ford Pro or via their Ford Pro account manager to order an adapter.

The BlueOval™ Charge Network provides one seamless stored payment account through the FordPass App, or Charge Assist App (soon to be "Public Charge") in the vehicle’s touchscreen, which eliminates the need for onsite credit card use. Once owners have created an account and activated Plug & Charge, Tesla Superchargers will support Plug & Charge with Ford EVs. This means customers simply have to plug in and charging will automatically start with charges managed through FordPass.

In the future, Ford will begin offering next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers.

Old 03-03-2024, 07:49 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 616 Likes on 410 Posts
Mine is ordered. Order number 90005143. Estimated delivery date May 2024.

new reservations are showing August.

The following users liked this post:
Tom
Old 03-03-2024, 07:53 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
I'm 3971 and showing a May ship date. I have trips planned in April and May, so I ordered the A2Z adapter last night that should ship within the next three weeks. I'm hoping Ford's delivery timeline improves so I can cancel the A2Z unit.

Old 03-05-2024, 08:44 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,496 Likes on 927 Posts
It's mind blowing that the people who are pushing the EV technology didn't have the foresight to implement a standardized charging system so that all EV vehicles can simply pull up to any charger, plug in and charge. What a concept...

Old 03-05-2024, 09:09 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by FishOnOne
It's mind blowing that the people who are pushing the EV technology didn't have the foresight to implement a standardized charging system so that all EV vehicles can simply pull up to any charger, plug in and charge. What a concept...
They did that. It is called. CCS. But Tesla NACS was better solution. The industry decided to take the alternate path.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:18 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Flyct
They did that. It is called. CCS. But Tesla NACS was better solution. The industry decided to take the alternate path.
Yup. And much of that had to do with the abysmal reliability CCS charging stations. I spent two years with a Tesla, but only made it 6 months with a Kia EV6 because of how bad it was. Superchargers brought me back to Tesla with my '22 Model Y, and Ford's NACS announcement is the only reason I'm here. I'd still have that Model Y if that was the only way I could use a reliable charging network.

I don't care what it looks like, what they call it, and I'm happy to use an adapter.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:50 AM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Tom
Yup. And much of that had to do with the abysmal reliability CCS charging stations. I spent two years with a Tesla, but only made it 6 months with a Kia EV6 because of how bad it was. Superchargers brought me back to Tesla with my '22 Model Y, and Ford's NACS announcement is the only reason I'm here. I'd still have that Model Y if that was the only way I could use a reliable charging network.

I don't care what it looks like, what they call it, and I'm happy to use an adapter.
Same here, A former Leaf owner with horrible CHAdeMOfast charger. Then went with Tesla and the difference for on the road charging was amazing. When Ford/Tesla announced they were going to NACS I immediately shopped for a Lightning. Still have 2 Teslas.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,555 Likes on 2,886 Posts
FYI...

Headline: Tesla Axing Its Supercharger Team Puts The Entire Industry In The Dark

Link: https://insideevs.com/news/718025/te...-layoffs-2024/

Old 04-30-2024, 05:21 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,362 Likes on 1,079 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
FYI...

Headline: Tesla Axing Its Supercharger Team Puts The Entire Industry In The Dark

Heh, now there's a WTF question if there ever was one. That's bizarr even knowing the kind of person Musk is. I wonder what he's got up his sleeve.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:35 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
FYI...

I saw that this morning and was very surprised. From what I gather, everyone was fired overnight via email without any notice. It concerns me because the Supercharger network is one of the few things Tesla does better than everyone else, and it’s not something that can be duplicated easily. Projects over the next 6-12 months are mostly contracted out, but it’s anybody’s guess what happens from there. An article this afternoon in NYT had quotes from some of their business partners and former employees.

Andrés Pinter, whose company installs chargers for Tesla, said he was stunned Tuesday morning to learn about the layoffs, which included about 20 people he had been in touch with on construction projects. He said emails to those Tesla employees had bounced back with an automated message saying those addresses were no longer valid.
I think a slower Supercharger rollout wouldn’t be a big deal given how much other investment we’ve seen, but I worry what it means for reliability. Tesla is the gold standard, and it would be a shame if they lose that.

Originally Posted by RLXXI
Heh, now there's a WTF question if there ever was one. That's bizarr even knowing the kind of person Musk is. I wonder what he's got up his sleeve.
Ketamine and hot takes. Not sure what else, but this is the latest in a series of decisions that seems bent on destroying what he built. I don’t get it.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:33 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by RLXXI
Here's why... "to be absolutely hard core about headcount and cost reduction." I think there's more to it than what he's saying publicly and he's not hell bent to destroy what he built, but I'll leave it at that.

Elon Musk Fires Tesla Supercharger, Public Policy Teams to Make a Point (motortrend.com)

Old 05-13-2024, 06:50 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,555 Likes on 2,886 Posts
FYI...

Headline: Tesla walks back Supercharger team layoffs, rehires executive

Link: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-walk...res-executive/

Old 05-13-2024, 09:04 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
FYI...

Headline: Tesla walks back Supercharger team layoffs, rehires executive

Link: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-walk...res-executive/
Haa! I got a chuckle at this. I saw the walkback on Twitter from Elon and the Tesla Charging account, but didn’t know they rehired one of the fired execs.

It’s good to see these moves being reversed. Tesla is the only company with a great track record of quickly building out a reliable network, and we’d all be worse if that stopped. 👏

Old 05-14-2024, 11:46 AM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Received 3,438 Likes on 2,352 Posts
Most likely the future of the human race cannot be left to a few 1000 Billionaires and their greed.
The EV electrical codes need standardized and world government controls implemented most likely via
the United Nations. Then the Countries can standardize via laws the systems needed.

It seems so fly by night now. No long lasting existing infrastructure most likely. You
know $Trillions in investments for the 10,000's of 1000's Chargers and power station sources.
+ the Technical resources that are needed. So many Millions do not have the garages to park their EV's in.

Think 20 years down the road and half the vehicles being EV. The KWH necessary for all of them to drive
60 / 100 miles every day. USA alone, 285,000,000 registered now on the road + 20 years. 400,000,000 ?

370,000,000 gallons of Gasoline alone a day in the USA. 33.5 KWH per gallon. 12.5 Billion KWH just for Gas
vehicles replacements. Sure its a rough estimate of the chaos that's coming. 3 years ago I joined a Solar
Community = 170 home members. It ended up micky mouse. Now 200 acres of basically flat land is being
added to the Locality. Solar sold me $28 a month in January, Feb. & March. $48 in April. It will still be micky
mouse for the power in KWH needed for the next 30 years is a thought.

I watched an operating 180 Wind Turbine Farm being built 2 years ago, covering 10,000 acres of hilly land. It was shut down
Last week of April ,1st week of May. Maybe Spring weather 12 / 15 mph trade winds.

I'm just guessing but I did have a Career in Industry and He could not obtain the power sources to keep up the build
schedule for The Charger chapter. His knee Jerk is fire them Bumbs. It's how the industries work. Ya have a problem
ya lay off, fire, close up / down, reduce production, quit shipping, fill up parking areas like abandoned quarries, old empty
Airports, et all. Let slip a bit, till it fixes itself or someone comes up with a great idea'r. Of last resort sell off, declare
bankruptcy chapter. Closed for now.

Old 05-14-2024, 05:19 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Tom
Haa! I got a chuckle at this. I saw the walkback on Twitter from Elon and the Tesla Charging account, but didn’t know they rehired one of the fired execs.

It’s good to see these moves being reversed. Tesla is the only company with a great track record of quickly building out a reliable network, and we’d all be worse if that stopped. 👏
If Jim Farley had any foresight, he would have already hired this exec. Having said that, I know if I was this exec, I would be looking for the next job opportunity and ditch Tesla.

The following 2 users liked this post by FishOnOne:

Quick Reply: Tesla NACS Adapter Available to Order