2022+ F-150 Lightning Electric 1/2-ton - Ford's all-electric F-150 has arrived!

Cyber Truck Tow Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 06:35 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 700 Likes on 454 Posts
I don’t like the looks, or the fact that it attracts that much attention. Appearance has never been a dealbreaker for me, though. I’d buy one despite the looks if the deal were right.

I wouldn’t take as many photos, though.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-30-2024, 06:42 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 629 Likes on 418 Posts
Originally Posted by twobelugas
Not sure where in Florida you are but brand new Corolla Cross starts around 26k around Miami. Brand new crossover with full warranty and Toyota quality or a used Hertz Model 3 hatchback. I don't know if they are set on an EV but if they are not picky, hey, it's an option.

corolla_cross&monthly_payment=&page_size=20&sort=l ist_price&stock_type=new&year_max=&year_min=&zip=3 3010

A new Escape starts around 26.8k

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/1...-1c51c8be4add/

A new mazda CX30 which is an excellent Crossover, starts around 25k before bargaining

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/0...-3efab0ae5dd9/

This comes down to if the buyer wants the most rational option, or the best EV option. if it's the latter then sure, go at it.

Thanks for the links and for your concern.

As with most Florida dealers what you see on the internet isn't the complete story. There are almost always hidden fees. That is why I like buying with X-Plan in Florida. With X-Plan each dealer sells at the same price, limited to $150 in dealer fees and the only negotiation is trade value if you have one.

For the Lorenzo Ford in the link the price requires a 2015 or newer trade and there is an additional $1000 in fees.

For the Mazda to get that price there is an additional $2,000 in fees (Price is plus tax, tag, title, registration, any dealer-installed accessories and dealer-provided benefits, and a pre-delivery service fee of $1198, Private Tag Agency Fee of $189, and Electronic Registration Filing Fee of $559.50)

Speaking to my daughter and SIL today they are now looking for a "Mid-sized SUV" that they can tow with, so neither a Tesla or the other SUVs in your links will work for them.

They are waiting for the estimate from State Farm for their crashed Lexus. My best guess is that it will be totaled. The other driver is uninsured and unemployed 22 year old. Got the accident report and he was cited for careless driving, Uninsured vehicle and expired registration (2022), So they will have to through their company under Collision coverage and uninsured motorist coverage. They both are having neck and back problems 2 days after the accident which is another issue. MRI's are scheduled for later this week. Hopefully it's just sore from the accident. My SIL is self employed and he hasn't been able to work since the accident due to his back pain.

I went though this 3 years ago when a unlicensed, uninsured and unregistered drive totaled our 2019 Leaf. Our company. also State Farm, treated us very well. they paid us enough to buy a 2020 Leaf and have $1,500 left over after the tax credit. Plus they were able to collect our $1,000 collision deductible from the at fault party a year later and sent the $1,000 to us.

And 3 years later my wife's neck injury from the accident has been causing her extreme neck, shoulder and left arm pain. The neurosurgeon has her scheduled for neck surgery for C54/5 and C5/6 repair.

Old 05-30-2024, 07:18 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,394 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
I wouldn’t take as many photos, though.
Priceless, for everything else there's Mastercard.

Old 05-30-2024, 08:38 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,534 Likes on 949 Posts
There are two in my neighborhood, one in the stainless steel color which still makes me go "damn bro" and take a step back to not get impaled on it, and one in a dark red or maroon color(I think a wrap) which looks....better?
Adding a wrap and you're still polishing a turd.

Old 05-30-2024, 11:29 PM
twobelugas
Cargo Master
Received 1,440 Likes on 895 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyct
Thanks for the links and for your concern.

As with most Florida dealers what you see on the internet isn't the complete story. There are almost always hidden fees. That is why I like buying with X-Plan in Florida. With X-Plan each dealer sells at the same price, limited to $150 in dealer fees and the only negotiation is trade value if you have one.

For the Lorenzo Ford in the link the price requires a 2015 or newer trade and there is an additional $1000 in fees.

For the Mazda to get that price there is an additional $2,000 in fees (Price is plus tax, tag, title, registration, any dealer-installed accessories and dealer-provided benefits, and a pre-delivery service fee of $1198, Private Tag Agency Fee of $189, and Electronic Registration Filing Fee of $559.50)

Speaking to my daughter and SIL today they are now looking for a "Mid-sized SUV" that they can tow with, so neither a Tesla or the other SUVs in your links will work for them.

They are waiting for the estimate from State Farm for their crashed Lexus. My best guess is that it will be totaled. The other driver is uninsured and unemployed 22 year old. Got the accident report and he was cited for careless driving, Uninsured vehicle and expired registration (2022), So they will have to through their company under Collision coverage and uninsured motorist coverage. They both are having neck and back problems 2 days after the accident which is another issue. MRI's are scheduled for later this week. Hopefully it's just sore from the accident. My SIL is self employed and he hasn't been able to work since the accident due to his back pain.

I went though this 3 years ago when a unlicensed, uninsured and unregistered drive totaled our 2019 Leaf. Our company. also State Farm, treated us very well. they paid us enough to buy a 2020 Leaf and have $1,500 left over after the tax credit. Plus they were able to collect our $1,000 collision deductible from the at fault party a year later and sent the $1,000 to us.

And 3 years later my wife's neck injury from the accident has been causing her extreme neck, shoulder and left arm pain. The neurosurgeon has her scheduled for neck surgery for C54/5 and C5/6 repair.
That's the listed price, you could always bargain, you know.

And the rest of of your life story, I have no idea how that pertains to this, but your time may be better used spending it with them than arguing with strangers like me.

Old 05-30-2024, 11:31 PM
twobelugas
Cargo Master
Received 1,440 Likes on 895 Posts
Originally Posted by FishOnOne
Adding a wrap and you're still polishing a turd.
No doubt that Ford and GM's styling approach is more palatable to normal people at least. People who buy cyber trucks are...its own sub demographic.

Old 05-31-2024, 01:12 AM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 629 Likes on 418 Posts
That's the listed price, you could always bargain, you know.

And the rest of of your life story, I have no idea how that pertains to this, but your time may be better used spending it with them than arguing with strangers like me.
i wasn’t trying to argue with you. If I came across like that then please accept my apology. I probably have little more experience negotiating vehicle deals in Florida than you can imagine. I’ve dealt with both of those dealers in the past. My experience with South Florida car dealerships is that they have more of a propensity to bait / switch and add hidden fees than other areas.

Also, I don’t know why you seem to frequently criticize me. It’s unbecoming. If I post something that annoys you just try to ignore me. We both will feel better.

Cheers and Respectfully yours.