2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Superduty factory shut down

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 12:41 PM
2021F350
Laughing Gas
Received 262 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by Rwhjr
See this is the whole problem with your thinking. You’ve written the argument against yourself in plain English.

the issue is we actually do think people should earn the most they can and shoot for the stars.

but the problem is when I choose to do that I need to solve more problems and provide more solutions to the people that pay me…..i don’t just get together and demand more for doing the same old thing

the more problems (and the more valuable those problems I’m solving are) is what dictates getting paid more.

just trying to strong arm a deal to pay me 40hrs for 32hrs of work etc leaves a bad taste in the mouth of people who work harder to earn more. Your pay should come from your individual value you create and not what your union can pry out of a company. Especially when you’re performing a job that can be replaced within months.

try not to distort the argument against you.
So who are you and others on here to decide what jobs are "overpaid"...??? It's Ford Co. problem, and they will decide, and should choose, Pay, let them go on strike, lock them out, fire the lot and start over... Maybe you should march in and demand more where you work, cause you think you deserve more and make more $$$ than these workers cause you are worth more than them, you "should" get it, without threatening to go on strike...

EDIT; So who are you to decide what a CEO salary should be and say it's too much, is what I was told when I questioned the sky high pay of the CEO of FORD Co...

Old 10-14-2023, 01:17 PM
Rwhjr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 785 Likes on 474 Posts
Originally Posted by 2021F350
So who are you and others on here to decide what jobs are "overpaid"...??? It's Ford Co. problem, and they will decide, and should choose, Pay, let them go on strike, lock them out, fire the lot and start over... Maybe you should march in and demand more where you work, cause you think you deserve more and make more $$$ than these workers cause you are worth more than them, you "should" get it, without threatening to go on strike...

EDIT; So who are you to decide what a CEO salary should be and say it's too much, is what I was told when I questioned the sky high pay of the CEO of FORD Co...
I don’t need to march in anywhere and demand anything. I make more when I produce more value. That’s what do when I want more in return. Never had to go on strike because I depended more on learning things and producing than thinking I should go on strike.

okay so if we want to say who’s to decide who’s overpaid etc.

are you only concerned with UAW?

what about the other unions?

what about all non-union working people?

is every last person summarily deserving of significant pay raises and some ridiculous policy of the new 32hr work week while getting paid 40?

what do you think happens to the price of goods and services if we give out pay raises based on anything other than the value that INDIVIDUAL creates?

as soon as we start treating people as a group and not an individual when it comes to this we will have much bigger problems.

not to mention UAW is far from the most “underpaid” workers in the country so why are we up in arms about them in particular?

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-14-2023, 01:47 PM
2021F350
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Rwhjr
I don’t need to march in anywhere and demand anything. I make more when I produce more value. That’s what do when I want more in return. Never had to go on strike because I depended more on learning things and producing than thinking I should go on strike.

okay so if we want to say who’s to decide who’s overpaid etc.

are you only concerned with UAW?

what about the other unions?

what about all non-union working people?

is every last person summarily deserving of significant pay raises and some ridiculous policy of the new 32hr work week while getting paid 40?

what do you think happens to the price of goods and services if we give out pay raises based on anything other than the value that INDIVIDUAL creates?

as soon as we start treating people as a group and not an individual when it comes to this we will have much bigger problems.

not to mention UAW is far from the most “underpaid” workers in the country so why are we up in arms about them in particular?
It will decide it's self, if you are under or over paid, everyone will decide himself or herself if they are underpaid or are happy with their pay... The main reason I am on here is that "a monkey can do it" statement pissed me off as it actually happened to me... THUS, here I am asking who are we to decide what a job is worth...??? It will decide itself eventually.

Old 10-14-2023, 03:47 PM
twobelugas
Cargo Master
Received 1,382 Likes on 855 Posts
It will decide it's self, if you are under or over paid, everyone will decide himself or herself if they are underpaid or are happy with their pay... The main reason I am on here is that "a monkey can do it" statement pissed me off as it actually happened to me... THUS, here I am asking who are we to decide what a job is worth...??? It will decide itself eventually.
your solidarity with the striking workers, while commendable and noble, has no bearing on the fact that your work experience is not comparable to automotive assembly line workers.

Old 10-14-2023, 07:48 PM
1olddogtwo
Fleet Mechanic
Received 457 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by twobelugas
your solidarity with the striking workers, while commendable and noble, has no bearing on the fact that your work experience is not comparable to automotive assembly line workers.
Exactly, but everybody calls them. Burger flippers or worst.

Have I worked a assembly line, no. Have you?

Has anyone here do so? NO

Old 10-14-2023, 08:00 PM
2021F350
Laughing Gas
Thank you. Someone seems to "understand" where I am coming from... BUT, what nobody here seems to "understand" is, it's a 2 way street, as far as going for what you want... CEOs don't go on strike, well why not...??? I suspect there is a gentlemen's agreement/belonging to the "right" club, knowing the right people, saying the right things, and so on, or even being born into the "right" FAMILY... A long as they stay on the "right" side they win, how will the average person ever "win", stand a chance at winning...??? Well now, we are back to what |"causes unions to "appear", un-fair treatment...??? NOW I do agree there IS/ARE, too powerful unions, BUT, there are more powerfully companies out there too... That "actually" are out to roll back these middle class, to make more $$$ for the rich... IMO

Old 10-14-2023, 10:39 PM
RandyinTN
Laughing Gas
Received 314 Likes on 151 Posts
At least one UAW employee is not hurting for cash. Shawn Fain, UAW president is racking in hundreds of thousands of dollars while his union's striking members are making $500 a week! Fain's annual salary is $347,389.
I wonder if he gets a raise after the strike is settled?

Old 10-15-2023, 12:41 AM
brandon4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 282 Likes on 131 Posts
40%.......

Old 10-15-2023, 02:54 AM
1olddogtwo
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by RandyinTN
At least one UAW employee is not hurting for cash. Shawn Fain, UAW president is racking in hundreds of thousands of dollars while his union's striking members are making $500 a week! Fain's annual salary is $347,389.
You make that number up?

You also realize, some full time employees don't even gross 500.00 a week?

Old 10-15-2023, 04:16 AM
twobelugas
Cargo Master
Received 1,382 Likes on 855 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyinTN
he will make way more than $347389 this year since that number uses the salary of his prior secretary job with the union, it will definitely be going up now that he is the head.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:35 AM
harmanrk
Laughing Gas
Received 71 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 1olddogtwo
Exactly, but everybody calls them. Burger flippers or worst.

Have I worked a assembly line, no. Have you?

Has anyone here do so? NO
I have.

Pick part up from the conveyor. Place part in fixture, place connecting piece on part, press two buttons on either side to ensure hands are out of pinch point. Place part back on conveyor so it goes to next satiation.

First day on the job, they started me at the head of the line, no parts coming to me, I had to puck three piece's from bins and put hem in the jig to press them together. By break time for the line they had pulled a second team member who also did the same job on the other side of the line and had him pulling parts bins for everyone, as I was keeping up with feeding the line on my own. By lunch, all the people who had been working the line more months/years were upset at the line speed as I was feeding too many parts down the line and I was asked to slow down.

We are not talking skilled trades work here, like crane operators. IQ above room temperature, moderate hand dexterity, and these are mind numbingly easy jobs on a modern assembly line. More and more with automation the jobs are becoming, make sure the part bins are full, so they keep the machines feed.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-15-2023, 04:38 AM
harmanrk
Laughing Gas
Received 71 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 1olddogtwo
You make that number up?

You also realize, some full time employees don't even gross 500.00 a week?
You do realize that EVERY member of the UAW at Ford, GM, and Stellantis DOES right? Those are the people we are talking about here, not the full time at minimum wage works you seem to be trying to mix in here.

Old 10-15-2023, 06:45 AM
1olddogtwo
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by harmanrk
You do realize that EVERY member of the UAW at Ford, GM, and Stellantis DOES right? Those are the people we are talking about here, not the full time at minimum wage works you seem to be trying to mix in here.
WHAT? We are not talking about those people?

You don't even know what the strike is about, do you?

You saying those people are not walking the picket line? They are not affected by the strike? Are you saying none of those work at the Ford truck plant?

Old 10-15-2023, 06:50 AM
1olddogtwo
Fleet Mechanic
he will make way more than $347389 this year since that number uses the salary of his prior secretary job with the union, it will definitely be going up now that he is the head.
I've seen nothing close to 350K, sounds to me like a made-up number. If he gets the burger flippers 100,000 a year, He's worth far more than that!

Everything I read says his base salary is 110% of the top rate.

So if there isn't a lockout he will get a raise.

Old 10-15-2023, 07:28 AM
B-ManFX4
Laughing Gas

Received 773 Likes on 354 Posts
It amazes me that you can't see the hypocrisy in your own statement. If you remove the UAW strong-arm tactics then what these jobs should pay WILL decide itself eventually - that how it works for 99% of the American workforce. Why do the engineers on my team fall into the salary ranges they do? Because that is what the job marketplace has itself settled at for the skillsets they possess.

Example - when COVID was rolling there were nowhere near enough LPNs. Guess what? Their SCARCITY AND SKILLSET immediately made them more valuable. Hospitals needed them - how do we entice them to work for us? Hmmm... I know, lets offer them more money !!! No strong arm tactics, no hurting others by not working, etc. Just good old common sense and economics playing out as it has since this country was founded. Now that demand has lowered and the number of LPNs has increased the market value for their skillset has softened - but it is still elevated over what it was pre-COVID.

If you think you are underpaid you have a few choices. You could look for a similar job that might be with a more robust company that might pay a bit better, or have better benefits, etc. Guess what - most companies are keenly aware of what the position commands salary-wise in the open market so you are very unlikely to raise your own income by 1/3 or more by changing employers. Not saying it never happens but it's rare.

You could start your own company providing the same services as your former employer and pay yourself whatever you want. Of course you may find that after all of the expenses and such you don't have enough left over to pay yourself that $200,000 per year you are so positive you are worth but hey, maybe you can strike against your own company and the money will magically appear?

You could seek education or training to improve your skillset and market worth. Put in a few years to get real-world experience and you will reap the benefit of your new knowledge and skillset.

Or you can join together with a bunch of others and try to force the company to pay you more just because you think they should - all while you complain on an Internet forum that the product you help to build is too expensive.

Which of these solutions is the most ridiculous when you look at them?

Quick Reply: Superduty factory shut down