2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2023 F250 XLT 7.3L Regular Cab - CARLI Full Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 05:14 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts
Durn, fat fingered the buttons - here is the pics 😁

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-05-2024, 08:47 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great information, Thanks. I’m looking at ordering a regular cab. Your thread has plenty of information

Old 02-05-2024, 09:43 PM
67_4_ME
Laughing Gas
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
@Hutchinson Any updates how your truck is working out with the Carli kitchen sink thrown at it?

Old 02-06-2024, 05:44 AM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Thanks SuperRob & 67 4 ME,….much appreciated.

Update on the truck - overall, like driving the truck and constantly get questions/ compliments,…..like I said before, *uck a Raptor, getcha one of these,…. would be my advice to anyone interested 😁. Beats the *iss out of my ol’ 19 Raptor.
That 7.3L in a single cab makes this dude fly,….my butt-dyno says this thing hauls tater,……barely push on the skinny peddle,..and it rolls out quick and smooth. Ain’t had the nuts to floor it yet,….don’t need to,…..it’s plenty quick at half peddle. Plus, it’s still kinda new,…about to roll over 1200 miles/ gonna do an oil change to get that break-in metal out of it,….before I start romping,…and throw 1500 pounds in the bed to break in springs/ shocks, per Carli VP Dan..and go find some knarly for a week,….
Seats are very comfortable with those Katkins,….seats were a bit firmer with the old cloth,…but now feels like my Lazyboy recliner 😁. Don’t know if the Katkins let the seat foam relax a hair bit more (over the cloth),….but seats do feel more comfortable. The Husky floor mats slide around more than I’d like, on the carpet delete floor I have,….looking at replacing them with the Ford OEM mats, so I can use the mat floor snap buttons to hold them in place,….which I bought above (at durn near $10 a piece,….wild price there). Probably use some of my points to get those mats and try them out.
The Diamondback bed cover works flawlessly, and no leaks, plus fits with what I use it for,…..I can throw stuff in there and lock it up without fear of getting wet or some *sshole stealing stuff. Can someone break into it? Yeah,….but it would be a pain in the *ss for them, and they’d make a bit of noise doing it,…..which subsequently they’d be having a staring competition with a military 1911 😁.
Still have a tiny vibration at 65mph on those Nitto Ridge Grappler 37’s,….but, no whomp-whomp-whomp like you hear on some dudes trucks. Tires are quiet and smooth,…other than the tiny vibration at 65. Been meaning to hook up with Dubnasty216 and buy his old balance master rings to take care of that last tiny bit of vibration,…..just been busier than hell the past month. Dubnasty216 is a good dude, for y’all needing advice,….he’s done a lot to his truck,….way more than I have.
The OEM tailgate lowering shock works good,….it lowers the gate a hair slower than my ol’ 19 Raptor did,….sometimes get impatient and pull the gate down, but the shock works good.

Now for Paul Harvey’s,….The rest of the story,…..front/rear springs haven’t relaxed any, instead of leveling the truck, it gave me 5” of lift all the way around (tires included in number),…due to my truck being a single cab (lighter than the Crew). Still have the original truck rake,….but, it looks ok, and was a blessing in disguise when towing my boat with those Carli (Deaver) progressive rear springs 😁,….still have a bit more meat left, before hitting bump stops when loaded.
If you’re doing a single cab, I wouldn’t recommend the PinTop shocks,….i would imagine the lesser shock packages would ride smoother. Large bump compliance is outstanding,….man, I can hit large bumps and barely feel them,…. I purposely look for large bumps to hit, for *hits and giggles. But,…. small bumps compliance is less than desirable. Not meaning small bump is horrible,….its much better than stock, but,…., you definitely feel every small bump. Steering seems to be ok at my resulting circa 2.5degrees castor, except when I hit bumps,….kinda feels like the truck jumps over to the side a hair/ you need to turn steering wheel (but you don’t need to turn it). And turning into driveways/ side roads with small rain drainages (you know, hitting them at a 45 degree angle),…… man,….. what an improvement that Carli sway bar and end link kit made,….probably the best part of the entire kit install. My head don’t bounce off the side window when pulling into the driveway anymore 😁. Thump-thump is all I feel and hear,….much smoother and easier on the ol’ knoggin,…..

Overall,….impressed with the resulting truck build, it’s fun to drive, and very powerful,……. like I said, *uck a Raptor, getcha one of these,….would be my advice to anyone interested 😁

The following 3 users liked this post by Hutchinson:
Old 02-06-2024, 09:23 AM
67_4_ME
Laughing Gas
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you! Hopefully your install of a Carli system on a single cab will help someone else doing a similar install.
Keep us updated, I'm sure many others as well as myself enjoy reading your post!

Old 02-06-2024, 10:43 AM
dkj313
Tuned
Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts
new center console swap. did you do anything inside

Old 02-06-2024, 02:33 PM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Thanks 67 4 ME, much appreciated.

I’ve been eyeballing that center console swap dkj313,….. take out the center seat, and make it a 2 seater,….don’t want some sweaty mo’ bumping elbows right up on me. My son is cool, but not some ol’ sweaty mo’ 😁. But,…..when I mentioned it to the Wife,…. I got the ol’ ‘I just ate a reeeaaallly sour pickle’ eye 😁. Y’all know what I’m talking about,……
The only things I did inside was Katkins leather, Husky floor mats, and Blendmount on the rear view mirror for the radar detector - but, have a host of interior mods in the planning stages right now,….will be installing OEM 12” screen, digital gauge cluster, climate control, sliding rear window,……etc, etc. (per previous posts). I’ll keep the post updated as these items get installed.

Lately, when I get out of my truck at a store (or somewhere like that),….and get back in/ crank it up,….the Apple CarPlay don’t wanna come back on. I use pandora most of the time to listen to ol’ Country music (60’s and 70’s) while rollin’ round,….. I end up fiddling with the ‘connectivity/ Bluetooth’ screens on the truck, to get it to come back on,……any of y’all have that issue/ quick fix? Pain in the butt sometimes,…..but, I eventually find a way to get it to come back on. I bet some of the people getting gas wonder,….. ‘why’s that dude sitting in his truck, cussing at himself and waving his arms around?’ 😁

Old 02-06-2024, 05:09 PM
rna352
Mountain Pass
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
like I said, *uck a Raptor, getcha one of these,….would be my advice to anyone interested 😁
There is no way that a 7.3 Super Duty is quicker or faster than a Gen 2 Raptor. It's heavier with less hp and torque.

There is no way a Super Duty has better ride quality than a Gen 2 Raptor no matter how much you spent on your shocks.

Comparing a Raptor to a Super Duty doesn't make sense. The Super Duty is designed to haul things. The Raptor is is designed to haul ***.

Nice boat.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:14 PM
twobelugas
Cargo Master
Received 1,381 Likes on 854 Posts
Originally Posted by rna352
There is no way that a 7.3 Super Duty is quicker or faster than a Gen 2 Raptor. It's heavier with less hp and torque.

There is no way a Super Duty has better ride quality than a Gen 2 Raptor no matter how much you spent on your shocks.

Comparing a Raptor to a Super Duty doesn't make sense. The Super Duty is designed to haul things. The Raptor is is designed to haul ***.

Nice boat.
You must be fun at parties.

The following 4 users liked this post by twobelugas:
Old 02-06-2024, 10:58 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 389 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
Thanks SuperRob & 67 4 ME,….much appreciated.

Update on the truck - overall, like driving the truck and constantly get questions/ compliments,…..like I said before, *uck a Raptor, getcha one of these,…. would be my advice to anyone interested 😁. Beats the *iss out of my ol’ 19 Raptor.
That 7.3L in a single cab makes this dude fly,….my butt-dyno says this thing hauls tater,……barely push on the skinny peddle,..and it rolls out quick and smooth. Ain’t had the nuts to floor it yet,….don’t need to,…..it’s plenty quick at half peddle. Plus, it’s still kinda new,…about to roll over 1200 miles/ gonna do an oil change to get that break-in metal out of it,….before I start romping,…and throw 1500 pounds in the bed to break in springs/ shocks, per Carli VP Dan..and go find some knarly for a week,….
Seats are very comfortable with those Katkins,….seats were a bit firmer with the old cloth,…but now feels like my Lazyboy recliner 😁. Don’t know if the Katkins let the seat foam relax a hair bit more (over the cloth),….but seats do feel more comfortable. The Husky floor mats slide around more than I’d like, on the carpet delete floor I have,….looking at replacing them with the Ford OEM mats, so I can use the mat floor snap buttons to hold them in place,….which I bought above (at durn near $10 a piece,….wild price there). Probably use some of my points to get those mats and try them out.
The Diamondback bed cover works flawlessly, and no leaks, plus fits with what I use it for,…..I can throw stuff in there and lock it up without fear of getting wet or some *sshole stealing stuff. Can someone break into it? Yeah,….but it would be a pain in the *ss for them, and they’d make a bit of noise doing it,…..which subsequently they’d be having a staring competition with a military 1911 😁.
Still have a tiny vibration at 65mph on those Nitto Ridge Grappler 37’s,….but, no whomp-whomp-whomp like you hear on some dudes trucks. Tires are quiet and smooth,…other than the tiny vibration at 65. Been meaning to hook up with Dubnasty216 and buy his old balance master rings to take care of that last tiny bit of vibration,…..just been busier than hell the past month. Dubnasty216 is a good dude, for y’all needing advice,….he’s done a lot to his truck,….way more than I have.
The OEM tailgate lowering shock works good,….it lowers the gate a hair slower than my ol’ 19 Raptor did,….sometimes get impatient and pull the gate down, but the shock works good.

Now for Paul Harvey’s,….The rest of the story,…..front/rear springs haven’t relaxed any, instead of leveling the truck, it gave me 5” of lift all the way around (tires included in number),…due to my truck being a single cab (lighter than the Crew). Still have the original truck rake,….but, it looks ok, and was a blessing in disguise when towing my boat with those Carli (Deaver) progressive rear springs 😁,….still have a bit more meat left, before hitting bump stops when loaded.
If you’re doing a single cab, I wouldn’t recommend the PinTop shocks,….i would imagine the lesser shock packages would ride smoother. Large bump compliance is outstanding,….man, I can hit large bumps and barely feel them,…. I purposely look for large bumps to hit, for *hits and giggles. But,…. small bumps compliance is less than desirable. Not meaning small bump is horrible,….its much better than stock, but,…., you definitely feel every small bump. Steering seems to be ok at my resulting circa 2.5degrees castor, except when I hit bumps,….kinda feels like the truck jumps over to the side a hair/ you need to turn steering wheel (but you don’t need to turn it). And turning into driveways/ side roads with small rain drainages (you know, hitting them at a 45 degree angle),…… man,….. what an improvement that Carli sway bar and end link kit made,….probably the best part of the entire kit install. My head don’t bounce off the side window when pulling into the driveway anymore 😁. Thump-thump is all I feel and hear,….much smoother and easier on the ol’ knoggin,…..

Overall,….impressed with the resulting truck build, it’s fun to drive, and very powerful,……. like I said, *uck a Raptor, getcha one of these,….would be my advice to anyone interested 😁
regarding your shock comment, pintop valved shocks are known for being stiff. theyre meant for aggressive offroad driving. they wanna eat!!

Old 02-07-2024, 07:06 AM
Hutchinson
Tuned
Thanks rna352,…..I don’t believe I said my F250 is quicker or rides better than my ol’ 19 Raptor,…..of course, it does neither of these,…. I can say, I like the low end torque of the 7.3L, versus having to spool up the Raptor’s V6 twin turbos,…..the V6 just felt weak, until you got above the 4000rpm range,….then it went crazy 😁 But, I don’t typically drive around racing my engines/ trucks,….i’m 54 bro,….past all that,….but I do still drive a little ‘spirited’ now and then.
Back in 2019 when I hit the Ford lot, I went in to buy an F250,…..but, *ucked up and test drove a Raptor, after the 250,…man, that Raptor rode smooth,….but, I regretted the decision ever since - that Raptor just wasn’t my kinda truck. My two brothers were even surprised that I chose the Raptor. Thanks for the nice boat comment,….i chase tarpon, big snook and kingfish down here in south west Florida Gulf,…boat fishes better than it rides - it fishes very comfortably, but rides like *hit 😁 once the afternoon sea breeze kicks up.

Thanks twobelugas 😁😁😁 funny dude, tickled my grin bone

Thanks Honda250xtitan, 100% agree,…those Pintop’s eat the large bumps up,….all I hear is thump, thump when I hit em’,….don’t feel much of anything. I find myself ‘looking’ for large bumps while driving around,….just for *hits and giggles 😁 I didn’t do my homework well enough before purchasing Carli’s kit,… meaning, the Pintop’s small bump ride is better than stock,…it’s not a bad ride,…….i like driving my truck,…… but, for those future dudes looking for advice, I’d venture to say Carli’s lower shock packages may produce a better overall large/small bump ride quality. Haven’t heard or seen much on Carli’s E-Venture adjustable shocks package,….wondering if anyone has installed this kit,…and how it acts. Supposedly, the shocks are electronically adjustable from PinTop’s performance, down through the softest ride,….but, comes with a hearty price tag.
I saw on another post, you recently got a single cab,….you finding it suits you ok?