2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

In Dash Digital Readout

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 11:05 PM
KenRebF-250
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
In Dash Digital Readout

About a month ago we purchased a 2021 F-350 SD STX, 7.3 gas. I've been told there is a real time digital gauge that shows transmission temp. I haven't been able to access that readout. A Ford dealer tech, without seeing the truck, said it may not have the trans. temp readout capability. He went through the different modes with me over the phone and we were never able to access the info I seek. He wasn't 100% sure it isn't available so I thought I'd see if anyone here might know for sure.

TIA.

Old 06-10-2023, 11:39 PM
4wheelsandahitch
Tuned
Received 175 Likes on 117 Posts
My 21 XLT displays the transmission temperature. You do have to scroll through screens.

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-11-2023, 01:37 AM
KU4OJ
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1,151 Likes on 610 Posts
On my truck, see sig file, I go to the screen with the tire pressure and oil life monitor, then use the up/down cursor controls to try to go up or down "further than the selections on the screen will allow" if you get my thought here. Then the transmission temp selection will appear, along with elapsed time on engine hours.

From memory, but something like that.

Old 06-11-2023, 09:40 AM
KenRebF-250
Tuned
Originally Posted by KU4OJ
On my truck, see sig file, I go to the screen with the tire pressure and oil life monitor, then use the up/down cursor controls to try to go up or down "further than the selections on the screen will allow" if you get my thought here. Then the transmission temp selection will appear, along with elapsed time on engine hours.

From memory, but something like that.
Okay, I'm not following some of your semantics, ie "sig file" and "further than the selections on the screen will allow". If possible please expand on this.
TIA.

Old 06-11-2023, 11:24 AM
jimzpsd
Fleet Mechanic
Received 331 Likes on 234 Posts
Instead of a lengthy write up, perhaps your owners manual can guide you.

Old 06-11-2023, 12:54 PM
KenRebF-250
Tuned
Originally Posted by jimzpsd
Instead of a lengthy write up, perhaps your owners manual can guide you.
I certainly appreciate your guidance, concern and spot on advice but, although I haven't read it page by page (it compares to War & Peace in length and word count) and word for word, I've taken the time to go through glossary and index entries and haven't run across any references yet. Maybe you could contribute something besides the obvious drivel if your the on site expert.

Just figured someone with sincere and straight forward info and advice would reply. 2 out of 3 so far have attempted to be of assistance. I reckon that isn't too bad of an average.

Old 06-11-2023, 01:33 PM
mwheue
More Turbo
Received 137 Likes on 96 Posts
Press the left arrow two or three times, scroll up or down to drivers assist and press ok, then scroll up and or down to look for Trans temp. If it's there select it and hit ok. May or May not be available? My manual says oil temp is selectable also but it is not.....

Old 06-11-2023, 01:41 PM
KenRebF-250
Tuned
Originally Posted by mwheue
Press the left arrow two or three times, scroll up or down to drivers assist and press ok, then scroll up and or down to look for Trans temp. If it's there select it and hit ok. May or May not be available? My manual says oil temp is selectable also but it is not.....
Thank you kindly, sir. I will give your method a try. The salesman at the Ford dealer where I purchased the truck was uncertain as to whether or not the information center has the trans. temp capability and no one else at the dealership knew for sure, either. Given that I come up empty by checking out the operator's manual our truck may not have the capability.

Thanks again.

Old 06-14-2023, 07:23 PM
KU4OJ
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1,151 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by KenRebF-250
Okay, I'm not following some of your semantics, ie "sig file" and "further than the selections on the screen will allow". If possible please expand on this.
TIA.
OK, first off a "sig file" is a signature file, or that verbiage at the bottom of your post. You have one, I have one.

Now, how to find the temp gauge. On my truck, as described below, I have the 4.2 inch info screen between the tach and speedometer so my instructions assume you have the same. Go to the top of the menu, top screen. Select display options, which should then display "oil life monitor" and "tire pressure monitor." From this screen keep pushing the up arrow and more options will appear (if not, use the down arrow).

On my truck, this will now show tire pressure, oil life monitor, transmission temp, engine hours and a couple more I can't remember. It's just a little bug in the code that drives the menu system on that screen. The transmission temp gauge is real time, digital and takes up the entire 4.2" screen.

Let us know if you find it (or not)

Old 06-15-2023, 08:13 PM
KenRebF-250
Tuned
Originally Posted by KU4OJ
OK, first off a "sig file" is a signature file, or that verbiage at the bottom of your post. You have one, I have one.

Now, how to find the temp gauge. On my truck, as described below, I have the 4.2 inch info screen between the tach and speedometer so my instructions assume you have the same. Go to the top of the menu, top screen. Select display options, which should then display "oil life monitor" and "tire pressure monitor." From this screen keep pushing the up arrow and more options will appear (if not, use the down arrow).

On my truck, this will now show tire pressure, oil life monitor, transmission temp, engine hours and a couple more I can't remember. It's just a little bug in the code that drives the menu system on that screen. The transmission temp gauge is real time, digital and takes up the entire 4.2" screen.

Let us know if you find it (or not)
Thanks a ton for the helpful response! You are spot on!!

As I said above, I scoured the owners manual and either overlooked the info or it isn't included, which is a mute point either way.

Thank you again, sir!!