2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Added Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to 2022 F-250 6.7L Lariat Value Super Cab

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 08:40 AM
TIMM250
5th Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This cruise control module has to be seen by forscan before it can be calibrated. I had to make sure forscan saw the truck as a new profile before that happened. Returned my first module to ford before I realized that problem that was pointed out to me by a another forum member. Second new module forscan found right away as soon as I added a new profile. Went through the calibration process three times it came back as successful everything was complete in forscan. The truck screen said it wasn't calibrated and would not work. Again from a forum member who had the same problem told me to get a used module and change the vin. Works perfect , use it daily that was 3000 miles ago. It seems that some new modules may have had PMI Done and sitting on the shelf others have not. PMI must be some sort of programming It is NOT calibration. Forscan saw the module and calibrated it I'm assuming the calibration did not take because it wasn't programmed (PMI) first. Just my speculation.​​​​​​I bought the used one off of eBay had a warranty, returned the new one to Ford.

​​​​​​

Old 11-16-2022, 10:28 AM
MattLikesBikes
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MattLikesBikes
All this research might be helpful to me RapidRed. I swapped my bumper and moved the ACC sensor to the grill area on a relocation bracket. At first when I had my original lariat chrome grill I got a warning about sensor blocked. Pulled the grill off and drove around no problem, ACC worked. with the chrome grill on I got a warning every time I started it up. Two weeks later I swapped in a black package grill and now I get a warning that the "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available" . I can turn on ACC, but not set it. Some of the F150 forums make it sound like at some point the CCM may just give up and a dealer level calibration is required. Is that consistent with what others have seen? I assume that is effectively what we can do with Forscan?

My buddy did my forscan work when I bought it, so I have not played with it, but I just ordered the adapter and will hook it all up tomorrow when it arrives. I am not getting any of the camera errors, so hoping it isn't the whole image processing unit that is toast, only the ACC needing calibration. After that I may be looking for other ways to diagnose. I've driven myself crazy with physical adjustment and laser levels.
And it worked. This thread has been super helpful. I logged in with Forscan and it ID'd a DTC on the IPM and on the CCM. BUT it also identified that both where there and installed and responding. So ran the calibration on the CCM and my ACC came back to working and the Pre-Collision worked again.

Thanks

For those doing a 2022 ACC add - I have much of the mounting parts available. So the plastic bracket with three bolts and the little plastic grommets, and the plastic bumper cover pieces for both sides of the license plate. No sensor and no wire as I am using those.

PM me if interested.

About to sell the old bumper but could pull the metal mounting bracket as well if needed.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-16-2022, 10:57 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Good to know. I was going to go with a new one until I read about your experience.

Mike I could not send you a private message on the parts send me PM and we will see what I can get from you.

Thanks for the info Mike.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:57 PM
RapidRed7.3
More Turbo
Received 307 Likes on 155 Posts
Dang. So I plugged the used module in and now I get a message on the dash saying front sensor not aligned but I still can't see CCM in Forscan.

So the truck definitely acknowledges the status of the CCM but the truck is not outputting the condition of the module to Forscan.

Old 11-17-2022, 01:38 PM
seijirou
Cargo Master
Received 391 Likes on 240 Posts
Did you have Forscan start a new profile and not try to use an existing one?

Old 11-17-2022, 02:06 PM
RapidRed7.3
More Turbo
Originally Posted by seijirou
Did you have Forscan start a new profile and not try to use an existing one?
I have. I deleted my existing profile before searching. I even used a different USB port.

Old 11-17-2022, 02:19 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Received 186 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by RapidRed7.3
Dang. So I plugged the used module in and now I get a message on the dash saying front sensor not aligned but I still can't see CCM in Forscan.

So the truck definitely acknowledges the status of the CCM but the truck is not outputting the condition of the module to Forscan.
You might try to manually initialize the CCM calibration in FORScan then see if the CCM shows up in your module list. I can't hook my laptop to the truck right now but IIR you can start the calibration from one of the tools in FORScan.

That "front sensor not aligned" means the sensor needs to be aligned (calibrated}.

Old 11-17-2022, 02:44 PM
RapidRed7.3
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Lariat Driver
You might try to manually initialize the CCM calibration in FORScan then see if the CCM shows up in your module list. I can't hook my laptop to the truck right now but IIR you can start the calibration from one of the tools in FORScan.

That "front sensor not aligned" means the sensor needs to be aligned (calibrated}.
Sadly the option to calibrate does not seem to appear unless Forscan sees the module.

Unless there is some way to forcefully load someone's else's profile that has the CCM module I may be stuck till I get to the dealer.

I'm planning on taking the truck to the dealer with everything turned on that should be on for adaptive cruise control (so I have no DTCs) and have the module installed that says it's not aligned on my cluster. Then it'll look like it should be working and less like, "what has this guy screwed up when programming his truck".

I'm slightly concerned that the different gateway module in the lariats allow for passthrough of the CCM so the odbii reader can see it.

Edit: Also I now see this "strategy" nomenclature in Forscan. For instance my gateway module A strategy is NC3T-14F530-AD. The knowledgeable lead tech I talked to at the dealer mentioned different strategies could be the problem.

Old 11-17-2022, 03:03 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Sadly the option to calibrate does not seem to appear unless Forscan sees the module.

Unless there is some way to forcefully load someone's else's profile that has the CCM module I may be stuck till I get to the dealer.

I'm planning on taking the truck to the dealer with everything turned on that should be on for adaptive cruise control (so I have no DTCs) and have the module installed that says it's not aligned on my cluster. Then it'll look like it should be working and less like, "what has this guy screwed up when programming his truck".

I'm slightly concerned that the different gateway module in the lariats allow for passthrough of the CCM so the odbii reader can see it.

Edit: Also I now see this "strategy" nomenclature in Forscan. For instance my gateway module A strategy is NC3T-14F530-AD. The knowledgeable lead tech I talked to at the dealer mentioned different strategies could be the problem.
My GWM strategy before I did the CCM installation was - Strategy : NC3T-14H021-EAG
and after the CCM calibration it was still - Strategy : NC3T-14H021-EAG

Edit: You probably need to decide which module you are keeping before you take the truck to the dealer. The lead tech already knows the situation so it shouldn't matter to him which one he works on. Unless you have a high confidence level the new sensor was damaged in the drop check that would be my first choice to keep. But you have on-site experience of what happened and what your alternative is.

Old 11-17-2022, 03:12 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Just out of curiosity, which OBDI adapter are you using with FORScan?

Old 11-17-2022, 03:32 PM
RapidRed7.3
More Turbo
Just out of curiosity, which OBDI adapter are you using with FORScan?
OBDLink EX r2.2.1

What is your PCM strategy if you don't mind? When I go into my PCM plain English, the CCM does not show up.

​​​​​

Old 11-17-2022, 03:35 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
PCM - Powertrain Control Module
Part number: NC3A-12A650-AA
Calibration level: NC3A-12A650-PE
Strategy : NC3A-14C204-PE
Hardware type: LC3A-12B684-KC

Edit: Definitely some differences but I have the 6.7L. I'm not sure how much the PCM really affects the CCM. The ABS, Instrument panel and Steering column modules are all at play though.
I have the Vgate vLinker but yours is also listed by FORScan as one of the two they recommend so there shouldn't be any difference in results because of the OBDI adapter.

Old 11-17-2022, 04:00 PM
RapidRed7.3
More Turbo
PCM - Powertrain Control Module
Part number: NC3A-12A650-AA
Calibration level: NC3A-12A650-PE
Strategy : NC3A-14C204-PE
Hardware type: LC3A-12B684-KC

Edit: Definitely some differences but I have the 6.7L. I'm not sure how much the PCM really affects the CCM. The ABS, Instrument panel and Steering column modules are all at play though.
I have the Vgate vLinker but yours is also listed by FORScan as one of the two they recommend so there shouldn't be any difference in results because of the OBDI adapter.

​​​​​​Makes sense a diesel would have a different PCM. From what I've gathered the IPM A is the parent module for the CCM. However what struck me as odd in the PCM screen is that other HS2 canbus modules showed up there. So I'd almost expect the CCM modules to show up too.

I'm starting to go down a dark rabbit hole. I don't want this to be another OEM LED obsession. Lol.

I think right now, knowing what I know, not having any DTCs and demonstrating that the truck "sees" the CCM because it's "not aligned". As long as I get the right tech, I bet it can be figured out. Rescheduled dealer visit Tuesday.

As far as I know I've not seen anyone get ACC working on an XLT with 360 cameras and lane departure warning. ​​​​​​

Old 11-17-2022, 04:32 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
​​​​​​Makes sense a diesel would have a different PCM. From what I've gathered the IPM A is the parent module for the CCM. However what struck me as odd in the PCM screen is that other HS2 canbus modules showed up there. So I'd almost expect the CCM modules to show up too.

I'm starting to go down a dark rabbit hole. I don't want this to be another OEM LED obsession. Lol.

I think right now, knowing what I know, not having any DTCs and demonstrating that the truck "sees" the CCM because it's "not aligned". As long as I get the right tech, I bet it can be figured out. Rescheduled dealer visit Tuesday.

As far as I know I've not seen anyone get ACC working on an XLT with 360 cameras and lane departure warning. ​​​​​​
My truck is a Lariat with the 360 cameras and lane departure warning. But I don't think the cameras and LDA have any impact on the ACC.

Sorry, I can't hookup FORScan now to see what is listed under the PCM but I do have a file showing all my modules with P/N and Strategy. Here are a few modules that I think might be applicable. We are getting home tomorrow in case you think of something else that I can send or post.

IPMB - Image Processing Module B
Part number: LC3T-19H423-EB
Calibration level: LC3T-19H423-EB
Strategy : NC3T-14F017-EB
Calibration: NC3T-14F018-EA

C-CM - Cruise-Control Module
Part number: LB5T-9G768-AB
Calibration level: LB5T-9G768-AB
Strategy : LB5T-14D049-AB

ABS - Antilock braking system
Part number: NC3C-2C219-AA
Calibration level: NC3C-2C219-AA
Strategy : NC3C-2D053-AA

SCCM - Steering Column Control Module
Part number: LC3T-3F944-KA
Calibration level: LC3T-3F944-KA
Strategy : LC3T-14C579-AA

IPC - Instrument Panel Control Module
Part number: NC3T-10849-PB
Calibration level: NC3T-10849-PB
Strategy : NC3T-14C026-MB
Calibration: NC3T-14C088-MB

GWM - Gateway Module A
Part number: NU5T-14G650-EAH
Calibration level: NU5T-14G650-EAH
Strategy : NC3T-14H021-EAG

IPMA - Image Processing Module A
Part number: LC3T-19H406-CD
Calibration level: LC3T-19H406-CD
Strategy : LC3T-14F397-AD
Calibration: LC3T-14F398-AD

Old 11-17-2022, 04:55 PM
BADAS03SVT
More Turbo
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Went to the dealer this morning. The tech said since I had the right harness and since my truck has 360 degree cameras and lane departure assist/notification he should definitely be able to add adaptive cruise to the truck. He mentioned the IDS system may have a different "strategy" that would allow my truck to see the module. however, he could not rule out that the module may have been ruined when I dropped it. I drop the truck off at the dealer Thursday, he said one hour labor.

Had I of done this again I would have purchased a used module that already had a VIN number programmed in the module.

Edit: I will add that the service writers thought I was out of my mind and what I was asking could not be done. They tried to tell me the truck needed extra sensors on the front bumper to use adaptive cruise. They were borderline rude. Only when I talked to the lead tech did the discussion go in a positive direction and the service writers quit doubting everything I said.
its nothing to do with the harness correct? I'm about to order this stuff and there was a little debate before on LED vs Halogen harness, I believe they are A and B?

Quick Reply: Added Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to 2022 F-250 6.7L Lariat Value Super Cab