2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Added Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to 2022 F-250 6.7L Lariat Value Super Cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 09:46 AM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Received 187 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by PowersK-TX
I have been following this post and want to add this to my truck. I wonder if anyone here can advise on my questions about the config of my current truck and can it be added even with some major adds. What major adds have you done? No way to tell if it will affect adding the ACC.

2022 F250 XLT 7.3 Crew Cab
- Does NOT have Factory Fog lights, but I have located a bumper take off with factory LED's. These are NOT needed for the ACC. There was some question early on, on my part, about the harness for LED versus Halogen fog lights being different but that was later resolved when I found the harness was exactly the same for both types. You could use the harness I referenced (with fog light connectors) and just not use the fog light connectors (tape them off). The reason the harness was questioned is because the same harness feeds the ACC module (radar sensor behind the grill) and the fog lights. Your factory harness, without ACC, will not have the ACC connector but would normally have fog light connectors. You probably need to be sure you have the large connector coming off the truck that is needed to plug the harness into since your truck didn't come with fog lights and may not even have the harness.
- Does NOT have the 8" Productivity Screen, but am wanting to add. As far as I know, this is mandatory for the ACC mod. See Rapid Red 7.3 posts about changing his XLT to the 8" screen. I would do this before I started gathering ACC parts in case this become a hurdle you can't get over.

I know these are two major upgrades, are they are required before I get started on the ACC parts collection?

Thank you, This is a great thread, it appears most of you started with trucks that had these upgrades.

Thank you! Good Luck!
See my answers imbedded in your post.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:48 PM
PowersK-TX
Trailering
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, by major adds I meant the Fog lights/bumper and the 8" cluster. But since you asked, I have added the floor console (from the jump seat) with all power/sync working, added the keypad, added hill descent, added cargo lights/switch (oem) and some of the usual forscan changes to get rid of dings.

Thank you for the feedback and answers. I will see if i can find the connector/harness you are speaking of. Any pointers to where I might look?

I will review Rapid Red 7.3 post.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:34 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Sorry, by major adds I meant the Fog lights/bumper and the 8" cluster. But since you asked, I have added the floor console (from the jump seat) with all power/sync working, added the keypad, added hill descent, added cargo lights/switch (oem) and some of the usual forscan changes to get rid of dings.

Thank you for the feedback and answers. I will see if i can find the connector/harness you are speaking of. Any pointers to where I might look?

I will review Rapid Red 7.3 post.
Going from memory here but the best I can describe it is, the plug that the ACC harness plugs into is located on the inboard side of the driver side frame rail between the radiator and the engine. You have to be under the truck to see it and you will be looking toward the back of the truck. I'll try to get a picture of it and then I'll edit this post to attach it.

edit: It is right behind the Prius catcher. Pictures attached.

This is the 16 pin connector with ACC/fog light harness attached. Looking from passenger side toward the driver side.

The 16 pin connector with harness disconnected. Looking toward the rear at the inside of the driver side frame rail.

Old 04-29-2024, 06:35 AM
PowersK-TX
Trailering
Thank you! I will see if I have this connector in my truck's core config. Hopefully so!

Pics will make the location easy to find.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:07 PM
tbell18
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this completed over the weekend. PDF instructions were spot on and had it working very quickly. One thing to note is on a truck with the factory winch many of the acc brackets do not need to be purchased. With the winch already in place this only cost me about 600 for all new parts, cheaper than the $740 it was to add this option when ordering the truck new!

Old 04-30-2024, 12:13 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Originally Posted by tbell18
Got this completed over the weekend. PDF instructions were spot on and had it working very quickly. One thing to note is on a truck with the factory winch many of the acc brackets do not need to be purchased. With the winch already in place this only cost me about 600 for all new parts, cheaper than the $740 it was to add this option when ordering the truck new!
Congrats!! Glad it worked out well for you. Enjoy the ride.

Old 05-08-2024, 01:47 PM
Awaldrup
5th Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Has anyone done this to 23 Lariat yet? I ordered and installed all the plugs...plugged them into the harness that plugs in under the bumper...along with the CCM module. Installed the steering wheel switch. Is forscan the only thing left?

Old 05-08-2024, 09:45 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Originally Posted by Awaldrup
Has anyone done this to 23 Lariat yet? I ordered and installed all the plugs...plugged them into the harness that plugs in under the bumper...along with the CCM module. Installed the steering wheel switch. Is forscan the only thing left?
I thought the 23's had Stop-and-Go adaptive cruise. That might complicate things. But if no one else has done it, you might as well be first!!
Good Luck

Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 PM
jcb206
More Turbo
Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Lariat Driver
I thought the 23's had Stop-and-Go adaptive cruise. That might complicate things. But if no one else has done it, you might as well be first!!
Good Luck
It does have stop and go.

Old 05-10-2024, 09:10 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Originally Posted by Awaldrup

If you get this to work, you would be a rock star to several of our members with 23's that have considered adding the ACC if you would do some sort of post or writeup detailing the parts you needed and the FORScan changes you made.

Old 05-29-2024, 09:22 PM
PowersK-TX
Trailering
Hello @Lariatdriver ,

I have slowly started to gather my parts for the ACC add, I started with a bumper with Halogen Fogs (I missed a local LED version), so I am trying to confirm the wiring harness. In your V4 document you list LC3Z-15K867-A ( https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...ss-lc3z15k867a ) as the harness that will work with LED or Halogen fog lights. I was about to order it and I noticed that it lists only working with 2020 to 2022 F350 all trims/all engines. It says it won't fit my 2022 F250 XLT CCSB 7.3L, but that seems odd. I have looked for a similar part number for an F250, with no luck.

This harness will have the 16pin main connector, two fogs and the connector for the ACC sonar, correct? I don't want to order a harness that doesn't do ACC, but does fog lights.

Can you confirm this part number LC3Z-15K867-A is good in an F250 application in your experience?

I posted a similar question in a fog light thread and then realized I needed to make sure I bought the right part for my end goal.

Thank you!

Old 05-30-2024, 06:26 AM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Hello @Lariatdriver ,

I have slowly started to gather my parts for the ACC add, I started with a bumper with Halogen Fogs (I missed a local LED version), so I am trying to confirm the wiring harness. In your V4 document you list LC3Z-15K867-A ( https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...ss-lc3z15k867a ) as the harness that will work with LED or Halogen fog lights. I was about to order it and I noticed that it lists only working with 2020 to 2022 F350 all trims/all engines. It says it won't fit my 2022 F250 XLT CCSB 7.3L, but that seems odd. I have looked for a similar part number for an F250, with no luck.

This harness will have the 16pin main connector, two fogs and the connector for the ACC sonar, correct? I don't want to order a harness that doesn't do ACC, but does fog lights.

Can you confirm this part number LC3Z-15K867-A is good in an F250 application in your experience?

I posted a similar question in a fog light thread and then realized I needed to make sure I bought the right part for my end goal.

Thank you!
Yes, that is the correct part number for the wiring harness that I used and it worked perfectly on my 2022 F-250 Lariat. It should have the four required connectors.

I did find in several instances where a part was said to fit say a 350 but not a 250 but it was actually the correct part for both. As long as it isn't suspension related, you will probably be fine with most parts fitting a 350 or 250.

Old 05-30-2024, 06:32 AM
PowersK-TX
Trailering
Thank you very much!