2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Added Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to 2022 F-250 6.7L Lariat Value Super Cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 10:04 PM
Jamie Engesser
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seijirou
Daaaang! That's cool. I want to do this on my 21. I'm a cruise control junky and really miss having ACC.

Did you do it on your 21? I've got a 21 F250 Lariat - Tremor package and I don't have ACC and really want it...hoping to find someone that did this exact thing on a 21 and had all smiles! ;-)

Old 05-01-2023, 07:25 AM
seijirou
Cargo Master
Received 392 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie Engesser
Did you do it on your 21? I've got a 21 F250 Lariat - Tremor package and I don't have ACC and really want it...hoping to find someone that did this exact thing on a 21 and had all smiles! ;-)
I did not (yet) but if you scroll up some DaveInRVA and Ry Guy did

Old 05-03-2023, 08:57 AM
MattyFatty
5th Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
So it now appears as the wiring harness is on Ford backorder with no ETA. I have heard that some folks think it would be an easy harness to make, but I've been unable to find any sort of diagram to indicate what goes where. I did find the THIS on Ebay, but which wire goes where....?

Old 05-03-2023, 01:58 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Received 187 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by MattyFatty
So it now appears as the wiring harness is on Ford backorder with no ETA. I have heard that some folks think it would be an easy harness to make, but I've been unable to find any sort of diagram to indicate what goes where. I did find the THIS on Ebay, but which wire goes where....?

This shows the location of the 8 pins that are used at the truck side of the harness. Four of those pins should already be there if you have fog lights. You would need to figure out the correct part number for the 8 pin plug that attaches to the CCM. I don't have a picture of that plug showing the pin locations but RapidRed 7.3 might have that and he might also be able to tell you which pins go to which wire.

Did you check with any other vendors to see if anyone still has the harness in stock? Everyone probably didn't all sell out at the same time.

Old 05-03-2023, 04:25 PM
MattyFatty
5th Wheeling
I tried at three different online parts dealers and they all eventually came back with the same answer. :/

RapidRed was kind enough to offer me the wiring diagram so I'll do my best to track down the necessary connectors to DIY.

Thanks for the pic, I am still trying to figure out whats going on there. The connector that bridges that plug you have pictured and the CCM is what I will create?

Old 05-03-2023, 05:35 PM
jrx13
5th Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I've got these pics. I'll link the other thread when I post them up.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:37 PM
jrx13
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Jamie Engesser
Go here for a little more 2021 info -

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-f350-xlt.html

Old 05-03-2023, 08:49 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Originally Posted by MattyFatty
I tried at three different online parts dealers and they all eventually came back with the same answer. :/

RapidRed was kind enough to offer me the wiring diagram so I'll do my best to track down the necessary connectors to DIY.

Thanks for the pic, I am still trying to figure out whats going on there. The connector that bridges that plug you have pictured and the CCM is what I will create?
That's a shot of the 16 pin connector that is already on the truck, behind the bumper, just to the left of centerline (driver side). That is where the new harness would plug in. The new harness has three end-points. One for each fog light and the third goes to the CCM in the bumper.

If you are going to build your own harness, all you need to do is add four pins to the bumper side of the existing 16 pin connector and run those four wires to a new connector that would attach to the CCM. You wouldn't need to run new wires to your fog lights which is what you do when you replace the harness with the new harness that comes with the CCM plug.

To "create" the new wiring harness, this should be all the parts you need:
- 4 pins to upgrade the existing 16 pin connector (on the bumper side)
- 4 wires for the new pins added
- new connector that fits on the CCM
- 4 pins that fit the new CCM connector

The truck already has the necessary wiring going to the 16 pin connector on the truck side for the fogs and the CCM. All you need to do is add the four wires to get the CCM into the system.

Old 05-03-2023, 09:16 PM
Curt's05
Wiser by FTE

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Can this be done on my 2018 XLT 6.7?

Old 05-03-2023, 09:18 PM
High_HP
Laughing Gas
Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Any chance of doing this on a '23 Lariat?

Old 05-03-2023, 09:42 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Originally Posted by Curt's05
Can this be done on my 2018 XLT 6.7?
Maybe. I don't know if the 2018 XLT trim line will support it but there are other threads in FTE that address the earlier model years where you might get an idea. When I first started my research, I was reading the F-150 threads as well. I do know there are other FORScan changes that need to be done and different part numbers for the earlier MY trucks.

Old 05-03-2023, 09:49 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Originally Posted by High_HP
Any chance of doing this on a '23 Lariat?
The 23's are a different ACC system because they brought back the Stop-and-Go ACC for 23. I think that is what was on pre-2020 models. So it likely will be a more complex setup that requires an ABS module that works with the ACC. The pre-2020 models had to replace the ABS module in addition to adding the CCM module (plus the needed FORScan programing) to make it work.

Old 05-03-2023, 09:58 PM
MattyFatty
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Lariat Driver
That's a shot of the 16 pin connector that is already on the truck, behind the bumper, just to the left of centerline (driver side). That is where the new harness would plug in. The new harness has three end-points. One for each fog light and the third goes to the CCM in the bumper.

If you are going to build your own harness, all you need to do is add four pins to the bumper side of the existing 16 pin connector and run those four wires to a new connector that would attach to the CCM. You wouldn't need to run new wires to your fog lights which is what you do when you replace the harness with the new harness that comes with the CCM plug.

To "create" the new wiring harness, this should be all the parts you need:
- 4 pins to upgrade the existing 16 pin connector (on the bumper side)
- 4 wires for the new pins added
- new connector that fits on the CCM
- 4 pins that fit the new CCM connector

The truck already has the necessary wiring going to the 16 pin connector on the truck side for the fogs and the CCM. All you need to do is add the four wires to get the CCM into the system.
A better description I couldn't ask for! I found the plug that goes into the CCM (WPT-1198) and I should be able to harvest some of the pins from the left-over harness from my Ecoboost swap project.

Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-04-2023, 10:46 PM
jrx13
5th Wheeling
I added the wire harness pics here to help you build yours

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post20839638

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-05-2023, 06:20 PM
excitebike
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RapidRed7.3
It works! Picture proof. I will make a nice thread later showing my 3d printed CCM mount and the mods required and factory options needed for ACC on a 2022 XLT. After running calibration and clearing DTCs I have zero DTCs.

IT WORKS!!!
Any idea what the forscan folks changed to get the system working? Do i understand correctly that they had to send over a custom "file" to get everything talking and provide the calibration function?

Quick Reply: Added Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to 2022 F-250 6.7L Lariat Value Super Cab