General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

How effective is gun control?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kennyrrt
I agree with the sentiment Waxy. Question, does this apply for big tires?
I'm not sure about everyone else, but in my case NO WAY.

Waxy

Old 11-11-2003, 04:04 PM
ctfuzzy
Posting Guru
Someone, please tell me this is fiction. *Please*

http://www.rense.com/general34/takeover.htm

(Thanks for the nightmares, Paul )

Originally posted by r3830
ctfuzzy,
I hear comments being made to the 'Patriot Act'. Found some interesting info that I thought I would share. Bear in mind that I am not well versed in the various amendments of your society.

http://www.rense.com/general34/takeover.htm

Regards,

Paul.

Old 11-11-2003, 04:46 PM
r3830
Junior User
ctfuzzy,
Apologies for the possible nightmare - but a wise man once explained how hard it was to fix something if you didn't know it was broken. As far as the credibility of the source is concerned - perhaps you're in a better position to judge.

Take Care!

Paul

Old 11-11-2003, 05:38 PM
ctfuzzy
Posting Guru
Originally posted by r3830
ctfuzzy,
Apologies for the possible nightmare - but a wise man once explained how hard it was to fix something if you didn't know it was broken. As far as the credibility of the source is concerned - perhaps you're in a better position to judge.

Take Care!

Paul
Paul, I found one of the most troubling parts to be the specific references that could very well allow a 'data miner' to validate it as factual or not - irregardless of the peppering of writers opinion and interpretation.

I have previously mentioned that just about my favorite thing to do is learn. This may sound like fun, and it usually is. But one of the prerequisites is that you be able to accept that you may be wrong, or mislead by apparently "valid" sources.

Being a veteran of both these issue's result, it is my experience that generally folks that are spouting . . . rhetoric, do not make it as easy for others to validate their assertions as this writer has.

I need to do some homework. But . .

I thinking of moving - to Jamaica ()

Old 11-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
My dad teaches a firearm saftey class, he has for 32 years. They teach to lock up the gun unloaded and have the ammo in a different spot.

My dad has been a police officer for 32 years also, one day i asked him how come he never follows the rule with locking up some of the guns unloded with the ammo in a different place, he said "cause the gun isnt going to do any good if its unloaded"

Ok, now this isnt saying that every gun we have is loaded up ready to go sitting in the corners of our house, we actually have mostof them locked up in a safe, unloaded, but there are also some loaded ready to go in the safe also, and theres always 1 thats ready to go

Old 11-11-2003, 06:41 PM
amazngrace
New User
Richmond, Va. used to be the murder capitol of Virginia until they started "Project Exile" a couple years back. The long and short of it is this: convited felon found in possesion of ANY firearm by the local or state PD is turned over to the Feds for prosecution. 5 years in prison(no b/s) ; parole not available for 4 years and 6 months. Richmond gun crimes dropped like a rock!

Old 11-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Malone Loner
Junior User
They will never take my guns

When the police come and try to take my guns, they better be ready for war. I practice way more than even the freakin' military thousands of rounds rapid fire! I don't use my guns for anything but personal protection and the protection of those around me. But don't ever, ever try to take them away from this citizen, cause me and some authoritative figures will be leaving in bodybags!! YEA BOY!

Old 11-12-2003, 01:38 PM
kennyrrt
Senior User
Re: They will never take my guns

Originally posted by Malone Loner
When the police come and try to take my guns, they better be ready for war. I practice way more than even the freakin' military thousands of rounds rapid fire! I don't use my guns for anything but personal protection and the protection of those around me. But don't ever, ever try to take them away from this citizen, cause me and some authoritative figures will be leaving in bodybags!! YEA BOY!
Talk like this is scary.

Old 11-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Re: Re: They will never take my guns

Originally posted by kennyrrt
Talk like this is scary.
It's just talk.

Waxy

Old 11-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Malone Loner
Junior User
scary

Maybe, but I'm serious.

Old 11-12-2003, 02:53 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
How will the big bad gov't ever handle a lone gunman?

Old 11-12-2003, 03:24 PM
ctfuzzy
Posting Guru
Probably with a 7mm Remington Magnum from an adjacent rooftop, Sinjin. They do have a demonstrated proficiency in that technique.

Old 11-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Malone Loner
Junior User
How efective is gun control?

Hey, you can pick on me all you want. I was simply expressing how strongly I feel about 'them' taking 'my' guns. I am by no means a terrorist, nor do I have the desire to take human life. Make no mistake though, I will not ever turn in my weapons because the US government says so.
You would not believe the hardware I've obtained over the years. I'm not talking about sissy *** hunting rifles, either. I'll never give the 'BIG BAD GOVERNMENT' a reason to come to me, likewise I don't care to attack 'them'. I keep this stuff around because it's fun to shoot inanimate objects, and just in case I see Osama Bitch Laden! How do you know? Maybe tomorrow some towelhead stands up in your hometown intersection and open fires. Or some other ahole decides he's a sniper?
I'LL BE READY, WILL YOU?

Old 11-12-2003, 03:42 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
I worry you could be the other ahole.

Old 11-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Malone Loner
Junior User
Yeah dude, keep responding to my posts, I guess they really get you fired up! Unlike anything I wish upon you. I'm getting paid to sit here and BS all day at work; then I go home and kick back and forget about all this stuff! You argue with me on your personal time! Later

Quick Reply: How effective is gun control?