General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

How effective is gun control?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 04:09 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check your watch. What time is it in California?

I'm not especially fired up but all your towelhead this and rapid fire that makes me feel sorry for you. I don't wish you any ill but aint it about time to grow up?

Old 11-12-2003, 04:39 PM
ctfuzzy
Posting Guru
Re: How efective is gun control?

Originally posted by Malone Loner
Hey, you can pick on me all you want. I was simply expressing how strongly I feel about 'them' taking 'my' guns. I

Umm, Mr. Malone Loner, I wasn't picking on you.

I was stating an educated opinion based on historical records in the public domain.

I do not think Sinjin was either. Well, ok, maybe just a little bit, but he meant to get you thinking . . proportionately.

Respectfully.
P.S. You bet your bumpkin I'm ready for them.

Old 11-12-2003, 05:13 PM
kennyrrt
Senior User
Re: Thanks dick

Originally posted by Malone Loner
Yeah dude, keep responding to my posts, I guess they really get you fired up! Unlike anything I wish upon you. I'm getting paid to sit here and BS all day at work; then I go home and kick back and forget about all this s--t! You argue with me on your personal time! Later
Hey!
Ya' know, this is an argument against the unions this guy touts. Doesn't make me any more proud of bein' in the union.

I inferred he would like to use us liberals for target practice. Generally not very friendly. Shades of NRAJOE.

Be sure to vote early and often in the next election.

Old 11-12-2003, 05:18 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
Salt of the Earth. Can't imagine why we make the rest of the world nervous.

Old 11-12-2003, 05:22 PM
ctfuzzy
Posting Guru
Originally posted by sinjin
Salt of the Earth. Can't imagine why we make the rest of the world nervous.
Oh ! I Know !!

He could be a Cop, and his JOB is picking people off a roof with a 7mm Remington Magnum.

Hows that Sinjin?

Old 11-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
OK guys hold it down in here... It looks like you are doing OK just pushing the rules a little

Old 11-12-2003, 05:36 PM
ctfuzzy
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Torque1st
OK guys hold it down in here... It looks like you are doing OK just pushing the rules a little
Woops - sorry, Boss.

'not trying to toss any stones

Old 11-13-2003, 07:18 AM
damage69
New User
Another thing to add, if say someone had a domestic at my house, it could be nothing to do with me other than the fact it was at my house, the police know I own a firearm and if it was stored at my place it will be confiscated, but if I didn't have a gun licence they wouldn't even bother to search the house.
So unless you are a big known criminal they wouldn't even search the house for weapons etc. "*********"

Say someone comes to your house and causes a fight, you mighten want anything to do with it, but again your weapons will be removed from you, if you didn't have a licence they wouldn't even look, if I went to someones house and bashed the living **** out of someone and I owned guns illegally, it would be probable that the police wouldn't search for a weapon at my house.

Last edited by damage69; 11-13-2003 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:02 PM
r3830
Junior User
damage69.....
Those of us that are licenced firearms owners appear on a Police "Persons of Special Interest" database, the same base used for criminal intelligence. That caused a major blue in recent times. This cross-references even your drivers licence. ie: the Police know what hardware is legally owned. You should also be aware of the dreaded AVO (Apprehended Violence Order) whereby on the basis of an anonymous tip-off, by anyone - and for whatever purpose - including get square, you can lose firearms for upto 10 years. The fact is that the licence identifies the holder, not the hardware that is held. Registration does the latter.
Bash the crap out of anyone - and if this becomes a Police matter - make no mistake, the police will argue that you are not a fit and proper person to hold firearms.

Regards,

Paul

Old 11-13-2003, 06:55 PM
nannok2003
Freshman User
Hi guys,
I'm from Canada and our government passed a similar law two years ago. Since that time they spent over one billion CDN $$ trying to register all the guns, mostly hunting guns. One special guy registered a screwdriver for a joke and it got registered like any other weapon. The data bank is unusable as it is now. What a loss of money and energy. Guns don't pull their own trigger !!!!

Old 11-14-2003, 02:51 AM
r3830
Junior User
nannok2003,

How are you?
The same thing happened here with the registration database now estimated to be about 60% corrupt. The govenment has chosen to battle on still - at further public expense. In recent times there have been a lot of reports to Police about guns being stolen from residences. It could be that owners just don'twish to be known to Police any longer.

Paul