Sponsored by: Moser

PS Rocker Trim

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 07:40 PM
AnotherChef
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PS Rocker Trim

Im not around here as much since my 76 is finished and ive started on a 65 Mustang project but i need some help!!! While on a cruise a few months ago the PS rocker trim came off and was destroyed by several of the vehicles behind me. I found one on ebay but the usps destroyed it!!! I need one unpolished and straight. Does anyone have one they would sell??
76 F150 XLT

Old 01-18-2022, 09:48 AM
mark a.
Lead Driver
Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
Imagine that, the postal service destroyed a package.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-18-2022, 10:31 AM
AnotherChef
Tuned
Originally Posted by mark a.
Imagine that, the postal service destroyed a package.
I was sick to my stomach when the driver pulled it out of his truck... that was the WORST ebay purchase ever!!! It took 8 weeks to be delivered, AND it was destroyed... it was bent into a V... huge impact dent in the center. I refused the delivery and he just stood there staring at me. He had no clue what to do.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:42 AM
dlburch
Cargo Master
Received 233 Likes on 188 Posts
which piece do you need? long bed or short bed? I think I have all except for #5 (I have it but it's bent)...

Old 01-19-2022, 07:36 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,332 Likes on 1,129 Posts
At 68, I've never had a delivery damaged by USPS, so it sure surprises me reading about the V. Did you mention it to shipper/seller /or USPS. I have had stuff that was very poorly packaged arrive in good condition in spite of the poor packaging. Set of 3 into 2 headers got here from NZ. wrapped in a thin layer of Sundy comics all the way from NZ with a label. No scratches, no dents, perfect fit for my old Triumph Trident. Custom made, mile deep looking chromed stainless steel. Shipping was nigh $300 but I was pretty tickled.

Old 01-21-2022, 03:31 AM
AnotherChef
Tuned
Originally Posted by dlburch
which piece do you need? long bed or short bed? I think I have all except for #5 (I have it but it's bent)...

#4........

Old 01-21-2022, 03:40 AM
AnotherChef
Tuned
Originally Posted by tbear853
At 68, I've never had a delivery damaged by USPS, so it sure surprises me reading about the V. Did you mention it to shipper/seller /or USPS. I have had stuff that was very poorly packaged arrive in good condition in spite of the poor packaging. Set of 3 into 2 headers got here from NZ. wrapped in a thin layer of Sundy comics all the way from NZ with a label. No scratches, no dents, perfect fit for my old Triumph Trident. Custom made, mile deep looking chromed stainless steel. Shipping was nigh $300 but I was pretty tickled.
I barely trust the USPS with our mail!! I ship documents weekly to one of insurance companies that I write for. In the past 2 years, they have "lost" dozens of my packages!!!! I switched over to UPS and havent had an issue, other than the expense.
The seller and I exchanged quite a few messages and the part was delivered back to him. EBay refunded my money, so im happy. If the shipper didnt insure the part, then he is at a loss.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:44 AM
Meridian_Mike
Cargo Master

Received 223 Likes on 185 Posts
I sure it funny to me how Dennis Carpenter can send fragile pieces that always arrive just like they left his place. They are packed to all get-out but they arrive in fine shape.

It seems like IF you have a poor handling facility in the loop somewhere along your route, you can just about expect the same result every time. Bent, crushed or lost.

Sorry, I can't help you with that piece. Maybe DC has one?

Old 01-21-2022, 10:00 AM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,332 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by AnotherChef
I barely trust the USPS with our mail!! I ship documents weekly to one of insurance companies that I write for. In the past 2 years, they have "lost" dozens of my packages!!!! I switched over to UPS and havent had an issue, other than the expense.
The seller and I exchanged quite a few messages and the part was delivered back to him. EBay refunded my money, so im happy. If the shipper didnt insure the part, then he is at a loss.
Oh, no question about it, a weak link in a chain can make the whole chain seam worse than just useless.

I did have one bad experience that stuck in my craw. Was about 1963. I had ordered some balsa wood rubber band powered airplanes from a company from an advertisement in a DC comic book, put my dimes in an envelope after taping them to cardboard. Still waiting for them to show up. I still don't know if was the USPS that failed me or if I was just ripped off by the seller. Funny (odd) how something so trivial can stick ... for so long. In either case, from then on, I only bought them in person off the rack at "Brookville Drug" while Dad picked up his prescriptions on Friday nights ... after supper at home. I got a small allowance on Fridays after supper, if my past week was really good, sometimes I saved up for a special comic or say, a red sailboat model.

Mom did once get a letter from an attorney years after Dad died in '69 stating his client's intent to sue over an accident that happened years earlier in Del Rio in the late-mid '50s. She was surprised because the post mark was a few years old, by the time she got the letter, it was all history, insurance had already dealt with it in court too. I remember that the letter was dated about 7 years afterwards, but she got it in like the 15th year. I guess somebody found it on a floor in an old post office, under a counter at the boxes, no telling. Being post marked all those years earlier though tells me that was a USPS employee slip up or mitsake.

Another time, mid '70s I guess, was when I was working for a mail contractor, hauling mail from different smaller post offices to main facilities in Virginia, likely driving one of several F-350s we had, I had a fellow on the loading dock at Danville that came out and just started helping me load packages and pouches heading to Lynchburg. He was a USPS employee, had a tag on his shirt, was not a stranger to me. I had a couple baggage carts left to go, he just pitched in. He grabbed a locked registered pouch, hurled it up into the truck, but his throw was short. Whatever was in it, when that pouch hit the floor 15 feet in the truck, it busted with a loud "POP" and almost instantly was stained with a liquid. He cleaned the truck floor, he put the article in another canvass pouch, sealed it too, gave me a notated receipt, and loaded it at the rollup end last separate from other mail towards the front. Got to Lynchburg, let the postmaster on duty drag that pouch off first at the dock on 9th street. He was some mad or irritated, but not at me!

Old 01-21-2022, 02:44 PM
dlburch
Cargo Master
PM me your address if you're interested...

Old 01-22-2022, 11:54 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Received 1,473 Likes on 870 Posts
I'd blame the seller, not USPS.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:00 AM
AnotherChef
Tuned
Hats off to @dlburch for coming to my rescue!!! Thank you sir!!!

Old 01-27-2022, 08:45 AM
dlburch
Cargo Master
you're welcome!