Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OEM Ford system 3/4 Alarm removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 10:52 AM
ebbnflow
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My 02 came with this system installed. It worked a-ok for years until it got a mind of it's own and the alarm would go off in the middle of the night once or twice a week. That got old fast so I removed the control box. I left all the wiring as is except I had to reconnect the ignition switch wires where they were spliced. I drove this way for a while until someone tried to steal my truck unsuccessfully thanks to my dp tuner. With the dp tuner f5, if you remove the switcher from the ribbon cable, the truck will not start.

That experience lit a fire to be more proactive about theft. So I ordered a TAM relay to replace the idm relay and found a NOS Ford security system on eBay. I installed the system using the existing wiring already installed. I did have to wire a new red led. This red led is also the valet button for this system. I never knew that with the original security system. It wasn't until I installed the replacement that I figured it out.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:52 AM
RyeThomas
FTE JarHead!
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts
Well I was under there looking around the other day, went out the next morning and had plenty of battery life but no start, no crank, nothing. So while thinking it over I turned the key and held it in the crank position while I slowly pushed In the clutch. I got to a point and she fired right up, all the way to the floor, no crank. Messed with it about 1/2 hour, the joint on the pushrod looks good, pedal play feels good, seems my Clutch safety switch is overly sensitive. So maybe this has been my intermittent no start issue all along and I’ve been blaming the alarm. So I ordered an OEM switch and we will start from there.
I’ll put messing with the alarm on hold and tackle one elephant in the room at a time, but it’s on the list to go.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:39 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,567 Likes on 2,895 Posts
Clutch safety switch is an easy and cheap fix!

Good news for this Thursday morning.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:47 PM
RyeThomas
FTE JarHead!
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Ok so it’s hard to see in the picture but on the lower part of the plastic switch, some plastic is broken off causing the switch to not stay completely snug on the clutch rod. New switch is in and truck is cranking fine.
Im hoping my random no crank issue that I thought was alarm related has been this switch the entire time, that would be a huge win! Fingers crossed. Might not have to mess with the alarm if it’s been the clutch safety switch the entire time, It annoys me but it’s not mission critical at this time. Or maybe it is, lol. Time will tell.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:55 AM
97F150XLT4×4
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Security Module

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
You know I don’t know what kind of evil genius/moron invented this thing but it looks like they tried to make it as complicated as possible. Upon further inspection there is a ton of wires running out of this thing.
what the heck, I may just leave the darn thing be. I want it gone but for now it works with a few inconveniences.

The wiring diagram should be on the bottom of that module take the screws out drop it down and look on the bottom side it should be printed on there.. with it you will know exactly what they spliced into but if the truck is supposed to have a pats system on it only way to run without it is to ground the engine really good and wire up a push button straight to the starter or solenoid... even then you will have to do some straight wiring to certain electrical functions for them to work properly. ANYTHING Can be Done just takes a man who is willing to put in the time & work to do it! Goodluck!