1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hey Folks it's been a while - Need help identifying a part for 1950 F1 front fender

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 10:58 AM
bhalemail
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Folks it's been a while - Need help identifying a part for 1950 F1 front fender

It's been a long while since i've been on here. Work in healthcare and have been complete engulfed in all this covid data reporting for our state and federal govt for the last year. Hoping it's easing up soon! Anyways i found a new body person to finish the paint on my 1950 F1 that's been in progress for 20 years after my original bodyman developed cancer and passed away. I got all my stuff together that still needs minor work, fitting, and painting but i can't for the life of me figure the small little triangle piece is that came with my 1950 F1 front fenders that i purchased 2-3 yrs ago. I'm attaching a picture showing i found online that shows the part by itself along with the 2 fenders. Unless i lost it there is only one of these in my pile and i have no idea if there should be 2 and/or what it's for. Thanks for any help you can provide. The guy is coming over this evening to scope out the project and will have room in about a month for it so i want to make sure i have everything gathered up. I'm beyond excited to finally get the finishing paint on this lifelong project

Old 02-23-2021, 11:09 AM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 73 Likes on 36 Posts
Looks like its the filler plate for the fresh air intake on the passenger side fender.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:33 AM
bhalemail
Elder User
Thanks! That makes sense and probably why i didn't recognize it. I will take a look this evening and see if i can figure it out

Old 02-23-2021, 11:37 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,468 Likes on 1,408 Posts
I agree. If you don't have the magic air heater, and the fresh air tube that goes with it from the fender to the cowl side, that little filler piece covers the hole in the fender where the pipe would attach. You would only need one.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:50 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,650 Likes on 1,474 Posts
Hey, Bill. Good to hear from you. Glad you found a painter to finish your 50 F1.

Guys, I've seen Bill's truck. It is a beauty. Can't wait to see it finished.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:37 PM
bhalemail
Elder User
Thanks Abe but that's too kind. The guy was just here and you could tell he knew his stuff and he loved the truck. He was excited to do/finish a "stocker" and i could tell he was into it. He said it was way further along than he was thinking so the plan is to have it painted before the warm weather hits here in PA. I'm hoping it's on the road by ~June or so. It's been a LONG TIME for sure. We are going to repaint the cab because of the red and trying to match it but he feels this is the best approach and i agree. It's just too hard to match "red" paint from 10-15 yrs ago plus there were some spots where that older paint was starting to fail and he'd rather find out whats going on with that than dealing with it later. All good so hopefully this will be done in the near future.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:29 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by bhalemail
Thanks Abe but that's too kind. The guy was just here and you could tell he knew his stuff and he loved the truck. He was excited to do/finish a "stocker" and i could tell he was into it. He said it was way further along than he was thinking so the plan is to have it painted before the warm weather hits here in PA. I'm hoping it's on the road by ~June or so. It's been a LONG TIME for sure. We are going to repaint the cab because of the red and trying to match it but he feels this is the best approach and i agree. It's just too hard to match "red" paint from 10-15 yrs ago plus there were some spots where that older paint was starting to fail and he'd rather find out whats going on with that than dealing with it later. All good so hopefully this will be done in the near future.
Good luck with it Bill. Where is your painter from? Let me know if you need anything.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:29 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by bhalemail
Good luck with it Bill. Where is your painter from? Let me know if you need anything.

You aid you were busy at work with COVID, but any update on the 53?

Old 02-24-2021, 09:53 AM
bhalemail
Elder User
The I have the cab corners fixed and floor in the 53. The frame and running gear/engine/transmission is done. Still need to put it all together but i want to get this 50 out of my garage and finished before revisit that. Basically i haven't done a whole lot in the last year or so but if i can finally get this 50 finished i'll be happy. The 52 is going to get some much needed maintenance as well but it's the only driver i have right now on the road so i don't want to tear into that yet. That will not be a a complete tear down however