2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Question on Incentives

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 10:45 AM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Question on Incentives

I'm guessing the answer will be, "It depends on the dealership" but figured I'd ask anyway. Trying to find out what is the normal practice. If you order a truck and Ford is offering a rebate, they apply the rebate at time of order. If there are NO rebates at the time of ordering my dealer said not to worry because if there are any rebates at the time of delivery they would apply them. I've asked but haven't gotten a response as to what happens if there were NO rebates at time of ordering but a week later they offer a rebate for that month. With it taking 6-8 weeks the newly offered rebate could expire. Do dealerships lock in ANY rebate that comes up between time of order and time of delivery or only apply rebates at time of order and time of delivery. Thanks!

Old 10-05-2020, 10:52 AM
tripinbillie
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask the dealer to apply for the incentive protection program on your behalf (search this forum).

Old 10-05-2020, 11:01 AM
shawnee1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 436 Likes on 263 Posts
My understanding is the dealer can lock in the applicable incentives at the time of order or upon delivery. I don't think the dealer can lock in an incentive while your ordered truck is in process. I could be wrong and I'm sure a member will correct me. In my case, I locked in incentives at the time of order but got a PCO subsequent to my order date. I was able to use the PCO at delivery but had to take the incentives that were available at the time which were $500 less than when ordered.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:36 PM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
Thanks. Called another dealer as well as hearing back from my dealer. Both said it's at order time and then a chance to upgrade at time of delivery. What's got me holding off is one dealer said they are taking orders on the 2021 Superduty's and the other said ordering hasn't opened up yet. I'm guessing the first one saying it's open will sit on it until it actually opens up? How would I know? I guess the upside would be pricing being based on the 2020 model.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:50 PM
shawnee1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 436 Likes on 263 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveKoz
Thanks. Called another dealer as well as hearing back from my dealer. Both said it's at order time and then a chance to upgrade at time of delivery. What's got me holding off is one dealer said they are taking orders on the 2021 Superduty's and the other said ordering hasn't opened up yet. I'm guessing the first one saying it's open will sit on it until it actually opens up? How would I know? I guess the upside would be pricing being based on the 2020 model.
According to several posts on this forum, the order banks are open for the 2021s. Don't know why one dealer is saying they are not open yet. You can be sure your order is placed (rather than the dealer sitting on it) by requesting a confirmation that the order was accepted by Ford.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:27 PM
tripinbillie
Freshman User
Order banks opened in August. I placed my 2021 order on 9/18 and have a build date of 11/9. So your dealer seems to be a bit behind or playing games..

Old 10-05-2020, 02:51 PM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
I went onto the Ford.com site as well as the xplan build site and neither one shows an option to build a 2021 Superduty. Do the dealers see something different?

Old 10-05-2020, 03:22 PM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
I just called Ford USA office off of the ford.com website. I asked if the 2021 Superduty ordering is open. She first said I needed to talk to the sales manager at the dealership. I told her two sales managers said it wasn't open yet and one said it was open which was why I was calling them. She said 2021 Superduty ordering is NOT open yet. She said it will most likely be opening the last 30 days of the year.

Of course I was waiting for the CHAT session to respond while I was on the phone with her. In the CHAT session they said I needed to contact Ford Marketing HeadQuarters and provided their number. When I called them he said it's been open since mid August. They just haven't gotten around to updating their website. Now I'm not going to judge anyone BUT you are marketing HQ.. Head Quarters.. like the guys in charge of marketing/selling your trucks... and it's been over 6 weeks since you opened up 2021 Superduty ordering and you haven't gotten around to updating your website? Your main tool for selling vehicles?? Am I wrong for thinking this way? I'm just amazed at how lax it seems EVERYBODY has become when doing their jobs.

Old 10-05-2020, 04:06 PM
ATC_F350
Laughing Gas
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
When I ordered my truck last January, you got the better of the incentives at order or delivery. When I ordered one in March last year same story. My son ordered a 2021 F450 c&c on 9/19 with a build date of 11/9 and I'm pretty sure they told him the same.

Old 10-05-2020, 04:42 PM
2020Tremor
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveKoz
I just called Ford USA office off of the ford.com website. I asked if the 2021 Superduty ordering is open. She first said I needed to talk to the sales manager at the dealership. I told her two sales managers said it wasn't open yet and one said it was open which was why I was calling them. She said 2021 Superduty ordering is NOT open yet. She said it will most likely be opening the last 30 days of the year.

Of course I was waiting for the CHAT session to respond while I was on the phone with her. In the CHAT session they said I needed to contact Ford Marketing HeadQuarters and provided their number. When I called them he said it's been open since mid August. They just haven't gotten around to updating their website. Now I'm not going to judge anyone BUT you are marketing HQ.. Head Quarters.. like the guys in charge of marketing/selling your trucks... and it's been over 6 weeks since you opened up 2021 Superduty ordering and you haven't gotten around to updating your website? Your main tool for selling vehicles?? Am I wrong for thinking this way? I'm just amazed at how lax it seems EVERYBODY has become when doing their jobs.
I suspect that the delay is intentional to keep from hindering sales of the 2020s on the lot.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:42 PM
tripinbillie
Freshman User
^^ This.. the ordering on the website is informational at best. The prices aren’t always right or even feature combinations... your best source of information is the GM at the dealership.. If you cant talk to them, then you should state you’ve done your research and are looking to order a 2021 and NOT a current MY... I suppose its very dealer centric on the experiences, but the GM at my dealership was nothing but helpful.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:59 AM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
Is there a place that shows past history on incentives? I know the past doesn't mean it's going to be the future BUT is there a specific time of year or months where incentives are offered? Like Thanksgiving or Christmas?