General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

business communications

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 11:00 PM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 155 Likes on 93 Posts
business communications

Just a little rant about things that have bugged me for a while. Jump in and agree or disagree if you're so inclined.

Bscomm 1
July is my birth month, so I get a little recognition:
1) The ATM at my bank wishes me a happy birthday
2)I get cards from my car insurance guy and a few others like that
3) My homeowner's insurance guy has his secretary call!
Y'know -- none of these folks care -- and their cards etc are just stupid

Bscomm2 -- survey says
I get endless surveys these days (and I'm sure you guys do too). I do a few, but they never really seem to be trying to find out anything meaningful
"How likely are you to recommend George's Garbage to others ? "
-Gee that just doesn't come up in ordinary conversation
"How would you rate your garbage pick up crew (one being poor and 19 being best crew ever)"
- I'm generally sleeping when they come by

So a lot of these surveys are about things that are generally just OK unless somebody really screws up. And it's pretty difficult to do a noticably excellent job.

But, they want good marks on the surveys -- and are apparently beating up employees when they don't get them. Also, they never ask if there's a company policy that chaps your butt -- because they know it does, and they're not going to change it.

rant over -- we now return to your regularly scheduled FTE.
hj

Old 07-19-2020, 05:32 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner

Received 1,412 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by ford2go
Just a little rant about things that have bugged me for a while. Jump in and agree or disagree if you're so inclined.

rant over -- we now return to your regularly scheduled FTE.
hj
Ahh yes but in a small way YOU are becoming regularly schedule FTE reading! (I mean that will all due respect, often times finding your observations thought provoking--don't stop!)

So yeah I get super annoyed all all these attempts to try humanizing information gathering, that intended to do nothing more than better shape advertising they'd like to direct at us individually to sell whatever shyte they're asking about. If I happen across one and want to be a PITA I'll make it as negative as I can, appearing polite, courteous or genuinely concerned about the questions they present---I "vote with my feet" often times never revealing why I do or do not buy or attend something.

BTW these communications are nothing more than thinly veiled advertisements which is why I try wasting their time---I receive very very few of those these days.

However when it comes to buying things online (Amazon for example) I look for the negative comments looking more at what complaints exist and more importantly how the product or seller responds to the negative or neutral comments. I'm sure I frustrate so many seller's information gathering attempts--and don't care one bit. They asked, I answer but hopefully NOT in the way they hoped for or that they'll find useful.

Rant also over--back to the program......................

Old 07-19-2020, 08:35 PM
TeddyD
Postmaster
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
As for companies phoning me to wish me a happy birthday, I wouldn’t like that either. I’ve had a car dealership text me dang near non stop so I replied with some nasty messages thinking it was just a bot sending the texts. Nope, it was the sales manager that I knew damn near my entire life. I just told him to stop and all was good. He laughed at the messages I sent.

For online reviews, I am a review nut. Anything I buy, I read reviews (within reason). A guy has to read between the lines with the reviews though. I looked at a review for a toaster oven and the guy was ranting and raving how it didn’t cook his toast the way he wanted it. 🤦‍♂️ Maybe just buy a normal toaster bud 🤷‍♂️😂