Sponsored by:

Derive systems / SCT SCREWED PEOPLE

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 03:47 PM
RECO6901
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Derive systems / SCT SCREWED PEOPLE

Seems to me Derive systems / SCT SCREWED PEOPLE ! I know for a fact anyone who had their SCT programmer on WIFI got screwed! They sent out an update that took options off the tuner! Some got locked up and required to be sent in and then they removed the options by installing different firmware, which then corrupted the PCM on some vehicles ! ANYONE ELSE HAVING THESE ISSUES? If so does anyone know of other options? Sent me a PM ...Thanks!

Old 03-10-2020, 12:16 AM
lonewolf_
Scope Wizard
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
so sad they got Busted so yeah you screwed unless you can do your own so sad too bad https://www.justice.gov/opa/<acronym...defeat-devices

Get over it........

you knew you were breaking the law to begin with... so why cry now ????... you should have made backups and then you would not be in this position.... Just saying...

I don't care one way or the other but if you will spend the time to learn then you will not be at the mercy of aftermarket Crap

Old 03-10-2020, 12:56 AM
lonewolf_
Scope Wizard
maybe visit someone that has a "Load Station" .... I'm old skool and only have EEC-IV Load station...

Old 03-10-2020, 02:11 AM
lonewolf_
Scope Wizard
your wifi and smart phones will be the death of your culture in the future

Old 03-10-2020, 09:06 AM
RECO6901
New User
Originally Posted by lonewolf_
so sad they got Busted so yeah you screwed unless you can do your own so sad too bad https://www.justice.gov/opa/<acronym...defeat-devices

Get over it........

you knew you were breaking the law to begin with... so why cry now ????... you should have made backups and then you would not be in this position.... Just saying...

I don't care one way or the other but if you will spend the time to learn then you will not be at the mercy of aftermarket Crap
I'm not crying about anything! Back in 2013 I bought a 2009 Ford F-250 6.4L 4X4 for my Dad off Ebay from a dealer in Dallas Texas area, the truck came deleted with SCT X4 installed. He's never changed anything he used the SCT x4 to monitor the truck.. The SCT x4 had a message saying update needed! The update completely wiped out the files and now the truck seems to have a corrupt bin file on the PCM. And if I knew exactly where to start reading and learning how to read and write bin files to fix this issue myself? That's exactly what I'm trying to do... so if you can help me with that I'd appreciate it very much! Other than that stop being a *****!

Old 03-10-2020, 02:06 PM
lonewolf_
Scope Wizard
Sorry wasn't trying to be a dick......

BUT this might help you in the right direction ... https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...mory-Structure

as I said I don't know much about coding the newer PCM's only older EEC-IV systems...
but I do know the EPA is really down on that stuff now... we had at least 4 shops shut down in my area ...at least 4 that I personally know of there may have been more.

Old 03-10-2020, 03:42 PM
RECO6901
New User
Thank you sir for your help!

Old 05-13-2020, 12:11 PM
adamwilla
New User
Originally Posted by RECO6901
Seems to me Derive systems / SCT SCREWED PEOPLE ! I know for a fact anyone who had their SCT programmer on WIFI got screwed! They sent out an update that took options off the tuner! Some got locked up and required to be sent in and then they removed the options by installing different firmware, which then corrupted the PCM on some vehicles ! ANYONE ELSE HAVING THESE ISSUES? If so does anyone know of other options? Sent me a PM ...Thanks!
What do you mean PCM?Powertrain control module?if so I have never heard that it can corrupt the PCM

Old 05-26-2020, 10:51 AM
2001F350dualwheel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 212 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by RECO6901
I'm not crying about anything! Back in 2013 I bought a 2009 Ford F-250 6.4L 4X4 for my Dad off Ebay from a dealer in Dallas Texas area, the truck came deleted with SCT X4 installed. He's never changed anything he used the SCT x4 to monitor the truck.. The SCT x4 had a message saying update needed! The update completely wiped out the files and now the truck seems to have a corrupt bin file on the PCM. And if I knew exactly where to start reading and learning how to read and write bin files to fix this issue myself? That's exactly what I'm trying to do... so if you can help me with that I'd appreciate it very much! Other than that stop being a *****!
Deleted as in the DPF/smog stuff deleted? That dealer should of never sold you that truck. I wouldn’t of even of taken it in on a trade. I remember back in the day when California decided they were gonna retroactively smog diesels back to 1999. People were scrambling to get DPFs and catalitic and smog stuff back on their truck. I remember car cons selling for 3-4k.

my trucks are pretty much stock drivetrains with the exception of a Motorcraft heavy duty air box. And the only reason I did that was because the stock flat square filter boxes were starting to not sealed the clamps were breaking. The aftermarket stiff I have are winches bumpers camper shells and side hands free I put Bluetooth radios in

My buddy had a PCM that went funny and he took it to a guy and had the guy fix it somehow. I can give him a call see what he did. I know he was running a older PCM while his was being fixed.