2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Water Leakage/Condensation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Hebejebe
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Leakage/Condensation

Ive done some searching and was unable to find any answers...... Im the 2nd owner of my 2017 F250 Platinum. Previous owner had the truck for 4 months and 6k miles. Ive had the truck since March 2018. for the past year, Ive noticed a musty odor in the cab. Initially I thought it was from me leaving the gym sweaty, though this never caused a problem with my other vehicles. I noticed that the smell was stronger the day after rain. In November 2019 I noticed my windshield was completely fogged up the day after a rain storm. The fog appeared after being parked for 8 hours in my work parking lot. There was so much condensation that it was beading up and running down the inside of windshield. I took it into the dealership and they searched for a week and came to the conclusion that it was the roof lights. They replaced lights and rechecked. Said all was fixed. A week after getting truck back, the windshield fogged up real back after another rain episode and again had the musty smell. I took the truck back in 2 weeks ago. they're "still searching" for the culprit. They were able to recreate the foggy windshield, and have said that it should NOT do that but cant seem to figure out the problem. Has anyone had this issue or have any possible explanation? We've checked the carpet throughout the truck and no moisture to be found. The headline was dry as well, as it was also dry when they said the lights were leaking. Frustration is starting to set in. Im concerned they will never find the problem and Ill be stuck with a very expensive smelly truck. Should I contact Ford directly? I would appreciate any advice or thoughts.

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2020, 11:39 AM
BocaIvan
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have they checked the sunroof and the drain lines?
Also, had the windshield ever been replaced?

Old 01-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Hebejebe
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by BocaIvan
Have they checked the sunroof and the drain lines?
Also, had the windshield ever been replaced?
They said they checked drains. Im not sure about windshield.

*edit* i believe its the oem windshield because there is what i think was a Ford factory sticker in the lower corner of glass.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:49 AM
turbodog
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know i'm resurrecting an old thread but was there an answer? I'm in the same boat, mold / mildew smells after rain but the carpet is dry. Wonder if its from water sitting / pooling around the fresh air intake? I also have the sunroof.

While i am curious a what the culprit is, I found another thread earlier in my search. It's full of good information. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ck-stinks.html

Last edited by turbodog; 07-22-2020 at 10:09 AM. Reason: new info
Old 07-22-2020, 10:07 AM
Hebejebe
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by turbodog
I know i'm resurrecting an old thread but was there an answer? I'm in the same boat, mold / mildew smells after rain but the carpet is dry. Wonder if its from water sitting / pooling around the fresh air intake? I also have the sunroof.
They said my issue was the roof lights. After replacing, still have the smell. My bro in law has a 2013 F250 Platinum and we have discussed this issue. We both park in a way that the front of the truck is lower than the rear. He says he will get the odor when parked like that. If he parks in the opposite direction, front being higher, he does NOT get the smell. I havent tried it myself. So it seems like there is a drain issue with the air intake. I think i did find something online where someone said they drilled a hole somewhere undsr the hood and fixed the issue but their truck was an older model.