North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

2020 Q1 (January, February, and March) BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Potts. Glad to hear it. Is that the 02 one ton in your sig? Diesel? Head's up, we got a dinner coming up next week.

Larry,
Didn't know anything about it. Need to look to see if I have an event's page going on.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:53 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Potts. Glad to hear it. Is that the 02 one ton in your sig? Diesel? Head's up, we got a dinner coming up next week.

Larry,
Didn't know anything about it. Need to look to see if I have an event's page going on.
Was a pretty fun show, the little one really enjoyed it.

Old 02-02-2020, 07:49 PM
bdpotts
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Josh, thanks for the heads up about the dinner get-together. It is indeed the same truck in my signature. I've had it since '07.

Old 02-03-2020, 10:32 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by bdpotts
Josh, thanks for the heads up about the dinner get-together. It is indeed the same truck in my signature. I've had it since '07.
No problem. I sort of schedule the dinners, but lately have been so busy prepping for the baby to show up that I keep forgetting. Hopfully I can convince some one to take on planning some of the dinners each quarter so we can get out and about and around the state trying out restaurants again. IE If you know of something about 2 hours from RTP and close to you that you want us to meet you at, we will make the drive.

Though most of us enjoy hitting Larry's Mud Races when we go east for the Club events.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:04 AM
bdpotts
More Turbo
during my 4month tour here in '04 and now again for the next four years - i always drive by that field and wonder when the events take place. i would like to check it out if there's an event someday. if i hear anything, i'll keep you posted.
also, i gotta ask - what does RTP stand for? i'm new to the area/state.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Jump and Run I think it's called right Larry. Should be a thread some where with events and such posted. I might need to start a new one. I'll look in a second.

RTP - Research Triangle Park - Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill is the 'triangle' but mostly we use it to refer to anything within about 30 minutes of those cities.

Old 02-07-2020, 03:46 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Yea Jump and Run is the one Hubert.

Bdpotts Where are you located?

Old 02-07-2020, 08:30 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Been a busy morning. With the storms that canceled the dinner last night came lots of rain. The basement here has flooded before and is doing so again. We sort of expected it and moved most of the important and expensive things up off the floor. Still couldn't beat the rain so lots down there is wet. Had some pumps and lines ready to go, so those went in and was able to dry it out pretty quickly for the most part this morning. The kids school is canceled as well as the wife's so they will be home all day. I will be in the office working.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:57 PM
bdpotts
More Turbo
glad to hear ya'll are doing okay. we got hit with a blast of wind last night about 9 or so.. blew the gate open and ripped out the hinge screws that hold it.. blew over all the trash cans and scattered the lids.. and then that was it. just peaceful rain all night. early drive to work this morning the roads were fairly clear. no major flooding.. this afternoon though, totally different story. roads covered in water..

Larry, I live in Kitty Hawk. I drive past the muddy motorsports park on caratoke hwy 158. i work at the coast guard aviation base in elizabeth city.

side question, does the NC chapter have any swag or stickers? i was a member of the northern California chapter and we had some stickers made up.. wondering if there's any interest in that here..
hope ya'll have a good weekend! drive safe.

Old 02-08-2020, 12:06 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,120 Likes on 1,805 Posts
Good to hear everyone came thru the storm with out a lot of damage.

Elizabeth city, that is out there!
Few years back I took a few loads of cement from Durham out to the CG base when they were redoing the runways or making a new one, don't remember now.

I went for my eye dr. apt. Friday morning in Clayton and the drive other than windy & blowing the car around was not too bad.
It knocked the power out at the office for a bit before I go there for 8am.

The wind was so strong here at the house it blew aport-a-john over across the street.
We have a half dead tree that some of the brances fell on the roof but no damage to the house.
Dave ----

Old 02-10-2020, 05:48 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bdpotts

Larry, I live in Kitty Hawk. I drive past the muddy motorsports park on caratoke hwy 158. i work at the coast guard aviation base in elizabeth city.
Ahh I gotcha. I live down around Swansboro, between Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point. I work on cherry point most of the time, and over on New River a little bit.

Old 02-11-2020, 03:11 PM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wasn't a fan of the bed rails on the blue 83 I recently picked up, so I removed them. But just out of curiosity, set them down on my 69 and I kinda like it. Comments?

The aluminum bed rails just don't seem to match the overall look of this 83 truck.

In my opinion, looks a little better on the 69. Plus it hides the wheel-well toolbox that sticks up 2 inches above the bed.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:57 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
When I saw them I was thinking not bad as it gives you a place to tie off to or lift the bed off if you needed to by yourself.
With out them you have nothing to tie off to unless you put some thing in the pockets.
The pockets should not go all the way thru, has a plate about 4" inches or so down inside so you cant drop a sling down and tie off at bottom for lifting like I seen in 1 of Rembrants pictures.

Now I would not drill holes in my bed to install them LOL
I do have them rubber plug things you put in the pocket holes to tie off to but cant bring myself to install them either.
I have 2 large rubber bands that can go across the bed front to rear to help keep things in the bed but nothing to tie off to.

They do look good on the bump side, kind of blends in with the tool box.
Dave ----

Old 02-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I know it's just a matter of personal taste, but to me I think the round style would look better on this 83.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:52 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Cracker289
I know it's just a matter of personal taste, but to me I think the round style would look better on this 83.

I don't know how well you could tie off to that round bar as the rope will want to slide along it where the flat one with the opening you could tie off at the front opening and it will stay up front some what.
Dave ----

Quick Reply: 2020 Q1 (January, February, and March) BS thread