North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

2020 Q1 (January, February, and March) BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 12:08 PM
Rasputin53
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only thing missing in my bugout gear is a camper, and now I have a tow rig so that's probably next.

Overheard a couple of conversations where people were blaming the 'preppers' for all the rampant hoarding going on. No, pretty sure it was the 'panickers' doing that. Preppers don't get into fist fights over TP. They already have theirs. It's in the name, you bunch of DA's. Same people who labelled preppers as 'nutbars' are currently watching how to become one on Youtube. A little late to the party, lol. In the old days, 'prepping' was simply 'planning ahead' by canning and other activities of daily life. Didn't have the grocery store right there open 24/7. Had to take care of yourself. If you wanted chicken for dinner you had to catch one first.

Be safe!

Old 03-27-2020, 05:51 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,172 Likes on 1,844 Posts
I heard on the news today come Monday 5pm the state is shut down.

Hope to get some parts I need for my truck so I can tinker.
I only worked 1 day this pass week (yesterday) and that was on 2 LP loads.
Started at 2am and home by 12pm. Took a little nap and then did some yard work.

Reminds me need to get more gas for the tractor when picking up truck parts.
Be safe everyone
Dave ----

Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasputin53
Only thing missing in my bugout gear is a camper, and now I have a tow rig so that's probably next.

Overheard a couple of conversations where people were blaming the 'preppers' for all the rampant hoarding going on. No, pretty sure it was the 'panickers' doing that. Preppers don't get into fist fights over TP. They already have theirs. It's in the name, you bunch of DA's. Same people who labelled preppers as 'nutbars' are currently watching how to become one on Youtube. A little late to the party, lol. In the old days, 'prepping' was simply 'planning ahead' by canning and other activities of daily life. Didn't have the grocery store right there open 24/7. Had to take care of yourself. If you wanted chicken for dinner you had to catch one first.

Be safe!
Amen. The wife and I do what I'd call amateur preping, weve got a stock of TP but it was all bought 2+ years ago. Also a decent stock of beans/rice/noodles. May not eat well, but we will eat.....

Old 04-13-2020, 06:59 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by FuzzFace2
I heard on the news today come Monday 5pm the state is shut down.

Hope to get some parts I need for my truck so I can tinker.
I only worked 1 day this pass week (yesterday) and that was on 2 LP loads.
Started at 2am and home by 12pm. Took a little nap and then did some yard work.

Reminds me need to get more gas for the tractor when picking up truck parts.
Be safe everyone
Dave ----
Gas is on my list of things I need to grab next time out. I've started tinkering on the atv and cleaning up the goose neck hitch on the one ton. I'm thinking of upgrading the camper we have to a fifth wheel type, with a garage for the ATV's or for a golf cart. The wife really liked the one we had for driving around Disney's Fort Wilderness. So that's on the list of things I want.

Originally Posted by 77mud
Amen. The wife and I do what I'd call amateur preping, weve got a stock of TP but it was all bought 2+ years ago. Also a decent stock of beans/rice/noodles. May not eat well, but we will eat.....
We do a run to Sam's Club, and buy like two mega pack's of TP. Lasts us about a month. But it's cheaper than buying every week. We had just done that. Still got one mega pack left, so haven't really worried about it.

Haven't really worried about the preppers or the panickers either. I did hit Aldi and the meat was all gone and saw they had no TP. But then, we had a cow and a pig in the freezer already. So again, didn't really worry about the others. Hope everyone else is weathering this better than most. I feel being sensible about things before a crisis is a better way of handling it.

Take care all!

Old 04-14-2020, 02:22 AM
Cracker289
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just got gas today for $1.36! So now if I ever drive anywhere again, I'll have a full tank

Old 04-14-2020, 07:27 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Cracker289
I just got gas today for $1.36! So now if I ever drive anywhere again, I'll have a full tank
That's fill up the truck next time I am out cheap. Then the gas cans and the 460. I'd fill up the wife's Prius, but the thing hasn't left full since last month when I filled it up. However, might have to take the Jeep out this weekend and fill it up as well. Heck why not!