Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Forscan

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 08:25 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
wired is cheaper than wireless especially when dealing with a garage full of vehicles each day. Less chance of forgetting a Bluetooth ODB reader in a customer vehicle vs having to manually remove it each time via the cable since it is attached to the reader. different reason than you are implying for wired. Just sayin... LOL

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-15-2023, 06:49 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 429 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Trailblazen
wired is cheaper than wireless especially when dealing with a garage full of vehicles each day. Less chance of forgetting a Bluetooth ODB reader in a customer vehicle vs having to manually remove it each time via the cable since it is attached to the reader. different reason than you are implying for wired. Just sayin... LOL
Super LOL on that reason for dealerships and tuners going hard wired...!

Let's just end the discussion this way: if YOU don't know what hardware someone who is looking to you for advice on, has, or how they'd use it, or if a ton of other things that both you and I know, can happen in the real world... Then give them the safest, least opportunity for f' ups, option. I've met a number of cowboys in the IT world, and a one off experience does not extrapolate to the ROW, as you likely well know. I have a Mercedes, and the dealer only talks To it with a hard wired connection. I have tuned it, and the Tuner company will only load tunes via a hard wired connection, via a dedicated and well known OBDII module... Old school? Maybe, or maybe they know a thing or two about RF interference...? And why take the chance...? I've recorded errors on my known-to-be-good bluetooth OBDII connector - so I only use it for scanning... 'Nuff said...

Peace, Out, Keep up the good work on Forscan... No real dog in this... at all...

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-21-2023, 05:59 PM
kitz
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any Thoughts on this one

Old 01-21-2023, 06:09 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Nope, no idea what it is at all...

Old 01-21-2023, 06:22 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
No clue on that one.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:40 PM
Eng53ine
Trailering
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I’ve seen one like that on YouTube, seemed like it worked ok.

I dabbled a little today with forscan, trued to install remote start. The forscan side of it seemed to work, but I couldn’t get the truck to learn the module.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:45 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Eng53ine

I dabbled a little today with forscan, trued to install remote start. The forscan side of it seemed to work, but I couldn’t get the truck to learn the module.
What OBDII device did you end up buying? Are you running off a phone (Which?) or laptop (Which?)...???

Old 01-21-2023, 09:53 PM
Eng53ine
Trailering
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
What OBDII device did you end up buying? Are you running off a phone (Which?) or laptop (Which?)...???
I ended up going with the OBDlink ex, said it’s auto switching running off a laptop. I’m going to give it another shot tomorrow,

Old 01-22-2023, 09:02 AM
kitz
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Eng53ine

i read it was one of the best but it only cost me 10 bucks dont know if it is a copy or what but there are a few things i cant get on forscan dont know if it would make a difference with a different one or not truck is a 97 f250hd obs the old saying you get what you pay for

Old 01-28-2023, 08:34 AM
Shernius
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been a while since this thread was started and was wondering if I can utilize my Galaxy S9+ or I have to find a laptop.

Old 01-28-2023, 11:05 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 223 Likes on 185 Posts
There are several versions of FORScan for different platforms, but only the FORScan for Windows, Extended License can do everything. On an Androind device, you can run FORScan Lite for Android, or FORScan Demo for Android.

You can see the comparisons here: https://forscan.org/comparsion.html

Old 01-28-2023, 11:13 AM
JKBrad
Received 821 Likes on 604 Posts
Forscan Lite is pretty much just a code reader.

Old 01-28-2023, 12:21 PM
kitz
Cross-Country
let us know if it worked better if you could

Old 01-28-2023, 02:25 PM
Shernius
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, if I want to change to Bambi mode or say the 5 flash blinker lane change I need to get a laptop?

If I change the battery do I need to tell the truck there is a new battery in there? I've heard yes and I've heard no. Heard the truck will still treet the battery as if its 5 years old even though its new and holds a better charge.

Old 01-28-2023, 02:37 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,394 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Note: FORscan is made in Russia. Depending on your moral status will define if you use it. Also note you will give your personal information to Russia to use the extended license. Last tidbit of information, FORscan is reverse engineered software from Ford called IDS.

Sucks for me as well because I also use to use it, made many changes to my own truck with it. My moral compass won't allow it any longer.

Quick Reply: Forscan