Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Forscan

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 11:27 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 223 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by RLXXI
It should be noted to use at your own risk conscience as Forscan is a Russian made program.
Sadly, these days you can't be too careful

Old 12-28-2022, 02:44 PM
77mmbass
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Edit - figured it out

Old 12-28-2022, 08:35 PM
mtnxtreme
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Can anyone confirm you can use Forscan to delete original Tranny solenoid numbers and then program the numbers of a different replacement Tranny being installed 16 -F150 6R80 ?

Old 01-12-2023, 07:25 PM
Eng53ine
Trailering
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Which obd connector is preferred? I’ve been looking at some, I’ve read through some of this thread, the linked thread and the google link. It was stated to stay away from one’s that say for forscan, but they all seem to say that. I’ve been looking at two, one has a toggle and the doesn’t. Just would like to get advice from people who have used them.

I believe these were the ones that were linked but not 100% positive

Old 01-13-2023, 04:18 AM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Get the OBD MX+. Its bluetooth so can connect to phone for daily monitoring and bluetooth to a laptop. Pretty feature rich for normal use and super easy connection for FORScan.

https://a.co/d/211T3Gm https://a.co/d/211T3Gm

Old 01-13-2023, 04:24 AM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
NEW! FORScan HELPING HANDS
A Directory of FTE Members Experienced with FORScan who may be willing to help you!
Links to a spreadsheet of FORScan Helping Hands on Google Docs:
I need to be added to that list

Old 01-13-2023, 10:33 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
I have the OBD MX+ and it works well unless you don't have bluetooth capability. In that case get one of the ones that plugs into a USB port.

Old 01-13-2023, 11:06 AM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
I have the OBD MX+ and it works well unless you don't have bluetooth capability. In that case get one of the ones that plugs into a USB port.
Not many things these days don't come with Bluetooth unless your laptop is a decade or so old.

Old 01-13-2023, 12:22 PM
Eng53ine
Trailering
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Trailblazen
Get the OBD MX+. Its bluetooth so can connect to phone for daily monitoring and bluetooth to a laptop. Pretty feature rich for normal use and super easy connection for FORScan.

https://a.co/d/211T3Gm
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
thanks for the replies, I have a Bluetooth one I used with a tablet. I just thought it was recommended to have a wired connection, so you didn’t have a chance of losing connection in the middle of making changes. I never had issues connecting to it with the tablet so I’d assume it’d be fine with a computer as well.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:00 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 429 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Eng53ine
thanks for the replies, I have a Bluetooth one I used with a tablet. I just thought it was recommended to have a wired connection, so you didn’t have a chance of losing connection in the middle of making changes. I never had issues connecting to it with the tablet so I’d assume it’d be fine with a computer as well.
I'm with you - if I'm going to be writing changes back, I'm going hardwired to a laptop. Here's a reasonably priced one that works for that:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N18TOFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N18TOFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-13-2023, 02:01 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
in all the changes and updates I have done, haven't lost connection once. I'm usually sitting in the drivers seat and not wandering around with my Surface Book Pro to lose that connection.

Old 01-14-2023, 11:09 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Not many things these days don't come with Bluetooth unless your laptop is a decade or so old.
That's me. My old Windows laptop is circa 2009 or something. It does not have bluetooth, but I've been able to limp along with a BT dongle. Those days may be coming to an end though, because I'm not sure how long that old dog can hang on.

Old 01-14-2023, 06:50 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
I'm just a retired, and old, computer guy... If I am re-writing to firmware, I don't play with wireless anything, maybe you get away with it, maybe you brick your PCM. I'm not chancing that, and pretty much most every single ECU programmer out there wants to either have your ECU in their hands, or has a hard-wired (connected) writer in place, and even then they want you to have aux. power so a low battery doesn't brick your ECU...

That's just my take on changing stuff, wirelessly...

YMMV...

The following 3 users liked this post by diesel_dan:
Old 01-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
I'm just a retired, and old, computer guy... If I am re-writing to firmware, I don't play with wireless anything, maybe you get away with it, maybe you brick your PCM. I'm not chancing that, and pretty much most every single ECU programmer out there wants to either have your ECU in their hands, or has a hard-wired (connected) writer in place, and even then they want you to have aux. power so a low battery doesn't brick your ECU...

That's just my take on changing stuff, wirelessly...

YMMV...
im a current gen IT guy in the computer field and with the advancements in technology, I'm not scared even a bit. Old school wireless I would be leary as hell but not in this day and age if you have the hardware worth it's salt. Don't need to scare off the younguns with old info.i may be old too but I grew up with computers since a time there weren't any and now work in the industry. It's not the wild west like it used to be

Old 01-14-2023, 07:23 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
im a current gen IT guy in the computer field and with the advancements in technology, I'm not scared even a bit. Old school wireless I would be leary as hell but not in this day and age if you have the hardware worth it's salt. Don't need to scare off the younguns with old info.i may be old too but I grew up with computers since a time there weren't any and now work in the industry. It's not the wild west like it used to be
You go man... I'm sure I am just out of date here...

On edit: Oh wait, last time Ford did anything update wise? They were hard wired into My Truck... Just Sayin'...

Quick Reply: Forscan