Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

November 2019 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 08:11 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Ordered a new mattress for little man last night. He is in a toddler bed right now and we bought a new twin. Finally getting around to moving his stuff out from our room to his new bedroom, (the daughters old bedroom).

Old 11-15-2019, 05:12 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Picked up a new thermostat and gasket for the dodge yesterday, also ordered thru LMC the rubber pieces that go on both sides of radiator. There is a big gap on both sides of the radiator and the frame. I will knock both of those out today on the dodge. I also picked up the stuff to change the oil and filters in the Hummer and Maserati. Going into work tomorrow and going to change the oil Hummer, I might as well do something while I am at work. Saturdays are dead so it won't be a big deal and the GM doesn't care.

Messed with the wife last night and said I was thinking of trading in the motorhome in and getting a pull behind toy hauler trailer. She said oh heck no!!

Old 11-15-2019, 02:30 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I broke one of the freaking bolts that holds the thermostat housing onto the manifold, still trying to get the thing out. Worst part was it did have a 195 degree thermostat. I was able to get the rubber things around the sides of the radiator without any drama.

I found another intake manifold at a local junk yard, 50 bucks plus tax if I can't get this bolt out.Will see how it goes tomorrow and Monday morning, if we can't get it out I will be making a run to the junkyard.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:33 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am glad Murphy is hanging out with you instead of me.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:56 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
I am glad Murphy is hanging out with you instead of me.
I will send him on his way soon. Changing the oil in the Hummer then going to work on getting that bolt out.
Still no love on the bolt, broke a drill bit trying to drill it out. I am going to wait till Monday and the head mechanic can help me get it out, he is real good at doing those. Good news the Hummer is serviced and cleaned so not a total waisted morning at work.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:53 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Please don't send him. I had enough of him the past month and half dealing with ex wife. have seen him enough. Did you soak it in PB blaster?

Old 11-17-2019, 07:05 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
Did you soak it in PB blaster?
Yes I did, a lot.
Hopefully Nate can get it out first thing tomorrow morning and I can get her back together. He is real good at welding a nut on the end and turning them out. If not I can get that other manifold from the junkyard but I really hope I don't have to go that route. Fastest I can get the gasket set is Tuesday if I have to replace the manifold.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:49 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Yes I did, a lot.
Hopefully Nate can get it out first thing tomorrow morning and I can get her back together. He is real good at welding a nut on the end and turning them out. If not I can get that other manifold from the junkyard but I really hope I don't have to go that route. Fastest I can get the gasket set is Tuesday if I have to replace the manifold.
maybe he can get out.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:23 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Nate ended up drill it out and we retapped the threads, I also put anti-seize on the threads and she is all back together and no issues.I am positive now the weak heater has to do with the water pump now. There is a tube that comes off the water pump for the heater return and I think the previous owner epoxyed it now that I really got in there and looked at it. I bet the return line is stopped up. Going to pull the return line off after lunch and see if I can figure it out.

Update:Pulled the lower hose off and no blockage. Started it up and bled the air out of the system and now the heat works like a dream. The new thermostat made a huge difference, the old one said 195 degrees on it but I don't think it was working right. Glad to have that fixed, that's my snow vehicle!

Old 11-18-2019, 06:07 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Glad you got it. Fixed Murphy went to Donna's (gf)house 1. Water pump on Mustang went out 2. She had to put her late husband's dog down. Sunday after church she went to the river with friends the clutch in her Jeep went out. At least it the 6 cyl. That the cheap clutch.
Call the CU that has the Jeep told them doing a volunteer surrender they have to have Lexie's authorization also. Told them good luck with that considering she is in a mental hospital. They are sending the demand letter also. It be gone in 14days

Old 11-19-2019, 04:57 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Looks like Murphy went to her house.
Talking with the guy who loaned me the backhoe to install the new drain pipe. He has as many stones as I can get off of the side of his hay field. I need some to keep the water from washing out around the pipe. Saves me about 800 dollars but a lot more labor on my part. I will start making trips over after Thanksgiving.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Yes he did. I did not have time to do the water pump so paid half the labor a good friend did it. The Jeep is going to wait. have not looked at it. We are going to land tomorrow going to bring the big trailer home. That way I can get it over here and take to the old 250 to Macon

Old 11-20-2019, 06:52 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Murphy is still at Donna's house, so she ran way to my house.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:14 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The wife has a dentist appointment this morning and the daughter can't watch little man so I'm staying home today to take care of him. She is more than likely having a tooth pulled so I will taking care of her when she gets back. Looks like Saturday will be a wash out with rain expected all day. Nothing super pressing to get done so that's good for me.

The wife brought the daughter to work yesterday and she drove the Dodge home for me. Ordered a door seal to try and cut down on some of the wind noise. ordering another one for the other door today. Though I had 2 in the cart but I didn't.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:15 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
i know it breaks your heart to stay home with little man

Quick Reply: November 2019 Chat Thread