Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Enable Navigation using FORScan?

Old 07-12-2019, 11:46 AM
scutler83
New User
scutler83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Enable Navigation using FORScan?

I have a 2015 F250 Lariat that has the MyFordTouch radio and Sync 2. I was shocked to figure out apparently it doesn't have navigation (or heated seats but that will be another post). It says "information" instead of "navigation" in the upper right corner. I have watched some YouTube videos of some being able to activate Nav using FORScan. Is this really possible?
I have seen some companies advertising selling APIM units equipped with Nav that you swap out but they are $600+.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Fefanatic
Elder User
Fefanatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
I asked this question in the Forscan forum a couple of months ago without any answers. I will be watching this thread.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:36 PM
saratoga2011
Senior User
saratoga2011 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes, it's now possible that Sync 2 is basically ancient and has been hacked (which is why I didn't feel bad doing it).

I enabled it on my 2013 that has the 8" APIM but only had "Information" in the upper right corner. Not condoning hacking software but you can see the instructions if you google "enable navigation sync 2" and go to the focus forum that is the top result below the videos.

You'll need to buy the Ford Nav SD card but that's it. I picked up a genuine used Ford A10 card on fleabay for $38....plugged it in after performing the steps you can find by googling what I mentioned above and it worked like the truck came with nav.

***Back up your as-built data with ForScan before you start and save the file somewhere safe.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:52 PM
scutler83
New User
scutler83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by saratoga2011 View Post
Yes, it's now possible that Sync 2 is basically ancient and has been hacked (which is why I didn't feel bad doing it).

I enabled it on my 2013 that has the 8" APIM but only had "Information" in the upper right corner. Not condoning hacking software but you can see the instructions if you google "enable navigation sync 2" and go to the focus forum that is the top result below the videos.

You'll need to buy the Ford Nav SD card but that's it. I picked up a genuine used Ford A10 card on fleabay for $38....plugged it in after performing the steps you can find by googling what I mentioned above and it worked like the truck came with nav.

***Back up your as-built data with ForScan before you start and save the file somewhere safe.
That was another question I had. Is it self explanatory on how to back up the as-built data on FORScan?

Old 07-12-2019, 03:41 PM
saratoga2011
Senior User
saratoga2011 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes, it's straightforward in ForScan.

Basically, your sync 2 already has the nav software. You enable the nav by setting the bit in the APIM. Then you generate a software license to use the nav and load it to the APIM via a USB. Navigation now works when you insert the proper SD card because it's enabled and you have a license to use it.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
You can enable NAV with FORSCan by following directions in this link. You will need a Map SD card. You can find the latest on eBay for less than $50. The latest is A10 - GM5T-19H449-AD.

Enable navigation on cars with Sync … Windows Mobile Development and Hacking

As I stated in your other link, the 6.7 Forum has more data that might be handy.

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Old 07-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by saratoga2011 View Post

You can download the truck AB data from Ford at this link

Ford As-Built Data

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.