Received 1,104 Likes on 1,004 Posts
Sounds like low Freon, Shawn.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:26 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Sounds like low Freon, Shawn.
ive been wondering about that with the house one... someone else thought maybe theres a problem with the defrost cycle... but dunno...

edit : opps wrong conv... lol thought you were talking about the problem with the mustang not the house... lol having problems with the mustangs too.... i thought it was low too but its not.... im wondering more if its the orifice tube.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:16 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
ive been wondering about that with the house one... someone else thought maybe theres a problem with the defrost cycle... but dunno...

edit : opps wrong conv... lol thought you were talking about the problem with the mustang not the house... lol having problems with the mustangs too.... i thought it was low too but its not.... im wondering more if its the orifice tube.
It's not low? What are the pressures?

Old 07-23-2019, 07:59 AM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83

My 2 cents,
The sport Trac would cool fine, then would shut off by itself,not start back, manually switch it off and back on, it'd cool for a little while then shut off, only while driving. Pressures seemed on the low side, added freon, still read on the low side,still did it, compressor started making a grinding noise, apparently a partially plugged orifice tube and too much freon cooked it. Metal filings plug up the screen on the tubes.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:14 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,104 Likes on 1,004 Posts
I had one that showed those symptoms Shawn (Your Mustang). The compressor clutch was worn so I had to reposition it closer so the magnets would hold the clutch tighter. Here's a great article that may help you with it.

https://mdhmotors.com/ac-compressor-...gnosis-repair/

Old 07-23-2019, 09:52 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by FordTruckfan89
My 2 cents,
The sport Trac would cool fine, then would shut off by itself,not start back, manually switch it off and back on, it'd cool for a little while then shut off, only while driving. Pressures seemed on the low side, added freon, still read on the low side,still did it, compressor started making a grinding noise, apparently a partially plugged orifice tube and too much freon cooked it. Metal filings plug up the screen on the tubes.
my problem is it wont cool at all... its like every other time i go to play with that thing it works... but then when its like 90000000000000* outside it wont work at all....

Originally Posted by BPofMD
I had one that showed those symptoms Shawn (Your Mustang). The compressor clutch was worn so I had to reposition it closer so the magnets would hold the clutch tighter. Here's a great article that may help you with it.

https://mdhmotors.com/ac-compressor-...gnosis-repair/
compressors while being 2 yr old is still "new" since i havent put many miles on it since it was put in... had to replace it because the shaft seal on the original let go and was pushing the freon out through the clutch..

Originally Posted by Benztechnc
It's not low? What are the pressures?
cant remember off the top of my head... will need to hook the gauges back up

Old 07-23-2019, 07:34 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Truck is mostly packed just a few last minute things to get loaded in the morning. Plan to leave out about 6 or a little before. Thinking about taking 70/795/264/540 to bypass Raleigh instead of 70/40 since we will be rolling into 40 right around 8-8:15.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:39 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Yep. Either way Raleigh traffic won't be great there Larry. Anyway you can hit the road earlier or later? 30 minutes would make a huge difference.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:00 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
With a well needed break in the weather, it was time to drag out the Meguiar's wash and wax.
Then time for some fishing.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:52 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,120 Likes on 1,805 Posts
Haven't gotten over this way in a bit.
Josh, it was nice to see you and the wife. Did you get that bumper on the truck yet? I know the price was right LOL.

Now that the heat has been cut back some I hope to get paint on the under side of the hood & cowl vent cover of the flare side.
Then I get to have a 1 person wet sanding party before painting.

Had a scare yesterday. Just get the work truck parked and doing paperwork with a trainee when I get a call from the wife.
Saying she is in a parking lot by White Oak shopping center (Garner?) dizzy and cant catch her breath, can hardly talk because of this. I tell her to call 911 and like a woman wants me to come get her!
When I get there she is a lot better, gave her some water I had and get her to my truck, leaving her car.

Ride home was not bad even when we first get in the house. She is ordering me on how the fur kids get fed, 4 cats 2 dogs and 2 kittens (fosters), she was coming back home from Pet Smart after dropping off 4 other kittens we fostered when this all happened.
Well during all this she is getting worst, I get her ok to call 911 and when on with them she called friends and she is trying to get me to hang up with 911 and talk to them on her cell phone and the other on the house phone!

The truck with the flashing lights shows up, gives her a once over and she is a lot better but want her to go to the ER so off they go.
I make sure fur kids are ok, call work to let them know I will not be in for Friday, they heard me tell wife to call 911 when she first called me, and off I go to the hospital in Clayton.
After checking her over and tests they say she had a-fib hart beat and want to keep her overnight, that did not make her happy.
After some drugs to get her levels from the low side of normal to the middle and a med for the hart beat the doctor asked a bunch more questions to see if he could cut her loose or keep her over night.
As they are giving her once over before letting her go her hart beat returned to normal, even I could see it on the screen.

The doctor gave her orders to call first thing in the morning to set up to see the hart doctor, one of the reasons the ER doctor let her go, so Monday 10am she goes to see them.
This is the first time it has happened to her and with the signs she was showing to me, a non-doctor, I was thinking heat & hydration issues.
So we will see what happens after the Monday visit but she is doing good now and has pills to take till then.

So with that out of the way I plan on getting on the truck this weekend.
Dave ----

Old 07-26-2019, 06:54 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Hope everything goes well on Monday, Dave...

Old 07-27-2019, 02:55 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
So far we have had a great time in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Thursday we went to Cades cove early, didn't see any bear like the wife was hoping for, but did see 3 deer, and a bunch of turkeys. Thursday night we went to Dixie stampede(or dolly's stampede now since they changed it to be politically correct.)

Friday morning we headed out to Gatlinburg and hit up the Ripleys aquarium, they little one really enjoyed that. Then we walked around a little while, ended up in Ol smoky moonshine and had 13 samples before lunch... also hit up cooters place (dukes of hazzard) before back to the cabin.

Today we went to the smokey mountain knife store, I ended up coming out with a new fixed blade with gut hook by Buck knives, 2 boxs of Federal 30-06 for $14 each (Walmart is 18.99) and a SOG folder for my brother for Christmas. Then we hit up a small Deer farm/exotic wildlife zoo, now back at the cabin while the little sneaks a snooze before we head out to meet a friend from NJ who just happens to be here this weekend also.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
anyone got one of them walk behind brush mowers they dont want/need anymore?? sorta wanting one to take care of the strip between me and the neighbors field across the street... it keeps getting over grown by those weeds that eventually grow a stalk as hard as a tree limb.. wanting to try and keep it cut down... he mows it down with a giant tractor pulled brush hog... but not often enough... last time he pulled it he burried the fire hydrant in the weeds.. it pulled them over but not enough to chop them up and kill them... least not there... i try to keep it cleared out around there... but can only do so much with a string trimmer... and theres so many of them tree like things left behind that the regular push mower cant go through over there...

Old 07-29-2019, 07:11 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
1340 miles from time we left home we are home and un packed. I took tomorrow off also to rest since I spent most of today driving, plus I had 4 weeks of vacation built up so why not 🤷

Old 07-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Well talked to the dealer i bought the tires from last august... They ordered me a new one said it should be in tomorrow around 10:30 ish... Said they really dont do tire warranties but still falls under the mfg warranty so theyll need to send it out after its changed off to see how much theyll cover for the replacement.. showed the guy the picture i had of the tire and he said it was definitely failing.. they think when they send it out the mfg going to try blaming it on impact.. but wasnt sure... i told em it was the interior tire on the rear and with the way the tires stagger front to rear if it was an impact caused issue i should be seeing something on the front too and am not... since on the duallys the front tire sits dead center between the 2 rear tires... he agreed but said the mfg would probably still try to blame it on an impact issue...

Quick Reply: Summer 2019 BS Thread