North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Summer 2019 BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 06:44 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
my problem is it wont cool at all... its like every other time i go to play with that thing it works... but then when its like 90000000000000* outside it wont work at all....

compressors while being 2 yr old is still "new" since i havent put many miles on it since it was put in... had to replace it because the shaft seal on the original let go and was pushing the freon out through the clutch..

cant remember off the top of my head... will need to hook the gauges back up
Can't tell you much with out knowing what the high pressures and low pressures are and if the compressor is cycling, also let me know what the temp is in the truck, preferable within the vent - center with fan speed on medium, as well as the outside temp.

anyone got one of them walk behind brush mowers they dont want/need anymore?? sorta wanting one to take care of the strip between me and the neighbors field across the street... it keeps getting over grown by those weeds that eventually grow a stalk as hard as a tree limb.. wanting to try and keep it cut down... he mows it down with a giant tractor pulled brush hog... but not often enough... last time he pulled it he burried the fire hydrant in the weeds.. it pulled them over but not enough to chop them up and kill them... least not there... i try to keep it cleared out around there... but can only do so much with a string trimmer... and there so many of them tree like things left behind that the regular push mower cant go through over there...
They make brush blades for string trimmers. It's just a steel mower type blade that bolts on instead of the string piece. Just don't cut your foot of with it.

Originally Posted by 77mud
1340 miles from time we left home we are home and un packed. I took tomorrow off also to rest since I spent most of today driving, plus I had 4 weeks of vacation built up so why not 🤷
Was this a motorcycle trip? Sounds relaxing. We are talking about trying to make it up to that area and see some of the sights with the kids.

Well talked to the dealer i bought the tires from last august... They ordered me a new one said it should be in tomorrow around 10:30 ish... Said they really dont do tire warranties but still falls under the mfg warranty so theyll need to send it out after its changed off to see how much theyll cover for the replacement.. showed the guy the picture i had of the tire and he said it was definitely failing.. they think when they send it out the mfg going to try blaming it on impact.. but wasnt sure... i told em it was the interior tire on the rear and with the way the tires stagger front to rear if it was an impact caused issue i should be seeing something on the front too and am not... since on the duallys the front tire sits dead center between the 2 rear tires... he agreed but said the mfg would probably still try to blame it on an impact issue...
Good luck with the tire.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Can't tell you much with out knowing what the high pressures and low pressures are and if the compressor is cycling, also let me know what the temp is in the truck, preferable within the vent - center with fan speed on medium, as well as the outside temp.
Check your PM's sent you the pressure readings last week.. This is in the mustang not the truck... trucks a/c works just fine...

Old 08-02-2019, 07:37 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was this a motorcycle trip? Sounds relaxing. We are talking about trying to make it up to that area and see some of the sights with the kids.
No drove the Super crew since we had the baby.

And I sold the motorcycle about a month ago... 😥

Old 08-07-2019, 07:55 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Sparky I'll take a look at what you sent again and get back to you on it.

Sorry to hear about the motorcycle. My last one is leaving on this move. Just no place to store it. Hopefully once settled and working again, we can look at getting another motorcycle.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:48 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Sorry to hear about the motorcycle. My last one is leaving on this move. Just no place to store it. Hopefully once settled and working again, we can look at getting another motorcycle.
I put 500 miles on it in the last 2 years, was just tired of watching it set. Wife wasn't overly thrilled that I sold it, but understood because right now I'm so focused on mud truck that I haven't cared to ride. She also knows that in a few years I want to look into a dresser or some sort and she likes the idea of a rolling sofa lol

Old 08-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Sparky I'll take a look at what you sent again and get back to you on it.

what kind of motortykle??

Old 08-07-2019, 06:25 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
The kind with 2 wheels, an engine, and set of handlebars...

Old 08-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by 77mud
The kind with 2 wheels, an engine, and set of handlebars...
kinda figured that... lol but was meaning like a harwe, handuh, yah muh ha, suzie zukie... lol, crotch rocket, choppah, cruizer...

been wanting to get a motorcycle to learn on...

Old 08-08-2019, 04:51 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Mine was a Kawasaki 1500 cruiser.

If memory serve me right Josh's was a Honda sport bike maybe? Could be wrong though

Old 08-08-2019, 06:37 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
theres one sitting down in the shed i want to re-assemble.... dad took it apart MANY!!!! years ago to repaint the frame... then got transferred and had to move before it could be re-assembled.. in the process of moving he kicked a can of thinner into the frame putting a dent in the frame and scratching the paint at the same time.. he never put it back together... still have all the parts... 1973 Honda CB450.. has both an electric start and a kick start.. but need to pull the engine apart... still turns freely.. but want to pull it apart to make sure everythings still in good condition.. put lube in places it should be lubed...

Old 08-11-2019, 09:50 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,172 Likes on 1,844 Posts
theres one sitting down in the shed i want to re-assemble.... dad took it apart MANY!!!! years ago to repaint the frame... then got transferred and had to move before it could be re-assembled.. in the process of moving he kicked a can of thinner into the frame putting a dent in the frame and scratching the paint at the same time.. he never put it back together... still have all the parts... 1973 Honda CB450.. has both an electric start and a kick start.. but need to pull the engine apart... still turns freely.. but want to pull it apart to make sure everythings still in good condition.. put lube in places it should be lubed...
Think that's what my first bike was, over head cams with a long cam chain right? If so they had issues with the chain stretching throwing off cam timing making it hard to start other wise was a nice bike.
One summer I took it to Cape Cod MA from the lower part of CT with buddies for the week. Camp ground did not allow bikes on the grounds so had to leave them at the front gate and lug all the gear to the site ;(
Dave ----

Old 08-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by FuzzFace2
Think that's what my first bike was, over head cams with a long cam chain right? If so they had issues with the chain stretching throwing off cam timing making it hard to start other wise was a nice bike.
One summer I took it to Cape Cod MA from the lower part of CT with buddies for the week. Camp ground did not allow bikes on the grounds so had to leave them at the front gate and lug all the gear to the site ;(
Dave ----
yup.. and with the way they were geared they out accelerated the 750 series of the same bike lol..

theres a motorcycle dealer here i went into hoping to try and get a job with them.. they had a 73 CL350 series sitting in the showroom for sale... i didnt like where the exhaust ran on that one... with dads CB450 the pipes ran along the bottom of the frame on both sides... the CL350 had the pipes both run to the left side of the bike then take a sharp rise up with the muffler sitting just below the seat...

the only concern with dads bike is supposedly my uncle had borrowed it once and according to mom ran it without oil in it... but when i ask dad about it he says he doesnt remember my uncle ever doing that... so dunno... part of why i want to tear it down and rebuild it... see what it still looks like inside and freshen up all the gaskets...

Old 08-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Larry is right. Currently I have a Honda CB919. Before that I had a CBR 929, which was a lot of fun in the mountains, and my first bike was an anniversary edition HD Sportster 1200. I do wish I had never got rid of that one. Not many HD's came with a two tone factory paint.

If you are just wanting to learn to ride for the first time. Take a rider safety or learning class through the local community college. My brother and I did the one in the school out in Clayton or Smithfield. It was fun and informative. Plus the bikes they taught it on were light and easy to ride.

And now I'm thinking maybe of keeping the 919 as I want to ride again... But I've made a deal with my brother.. so to him it shall go... maybe...

In other news, got a big week this week. Round 3 interview with a corporation, first round interview for a contract gig and first round interview with that Ag dealership that I thought it'd be fun to work for. However, it took them over a month to call back, so, they may not be all that interested or ready to hire. I'm ready to get back to work, though I have to say, two months off this summer has been nice. Though next time, I want to have paid vacation, as watching the savings dwindle down isn't as much fun as one would think.

Ya'll have a good week.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Larry is right. Currently I have a Honda CB919. Before that I had a CBR 929, which was a lot of fun in the mountains, and my first bike was an anniversary edition HD Sportster 1200. I do wish I had never got rid of that one. Not many HD's came with a two tone factory paint.

If you are just wanting to learn to ride for the first time. Take a rider safety or learning class through the local community college. My brother and I did the one in the school out in Clayton or Smithfield. It was fun and informative. Plus the bikes they taught it on were light and easy to ride.
iz wanting to learn then ride em around... 3-5gal tanks much nicer to fill and on the wallets than 15.7 and 29 gal tanks take to fill lol.. which ironically even though i complain about that 29 gal tank i want to upgrade it to a 52 gal tank lol...

Old 08-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
iz wanting to learn then ride em around... 3-5gal tanks much nicer to fill and on the wallets than 15.7 and 29 gal tanks take to fill lol.. which ironically even though i complain about that 29 gal tank i want to upgrade it to a 52 gal tank lol...
Yeah, I think the sportster had a two gallon (peanut) tank. All the bikes I've had got around 50 mpg. Super easy on the wallet. Just don't have to mind getting wet when it rains.

Just realized with all the interviews this week. I haven't made plans to start on the shop, which is the next and final step to this move thing that's been happening. Packing that up will be hell. Also need to go see my brother to drop of the motorcycle and deal with the civic title.

Just keeps adding up.

Quick Reply: Summer 2019 BS Thread