Notices
Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

2013 Ford Edge A/C

Old 06-20-2019, 08:07 AM
fatpadre
New User
fatpadre is starting off with a positive reputation.
2013 Ford Edge A/C

When engine is started, A/C is on, and car is sitting still there is no cooling. The high pressure goes slowly to 450 psi and then the A/C compressor clutch is released. The high pressure slowly drops to about 340 psi at which time the clutch is re-energized and the pressure starts climbing to 450 psi and the cycle repeats. The low pressure varies from 70 psi to 110 psi during this cycle. As soon as I start driving the A/C starts working normally. What could be shutting off the freon flow?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:27 PM
steve(ill)
Post Fiend
steve(ill) is a name known to allsteve(ill) is a name known to allsteve(ill) is a name known to allsteve(ill) is a name known to allsteve(ill) is a name known to allsteve(ill) is a name known to all
????????????? Low side pressure is 30- 45 psi............ high side is about 200......... ??

Old 06-21-2019, 09:29 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Is the cooling fan working?

Old 06-24-2019, 08:08 AM
fatpadre
New User
I've been wrong before, but it seems to me that there should normally be nothing in the loop that could impede the freon flow whether the cooling fan is running or not. When first started the engine and freon are all at ambient temperature and the fan isn't running. Is there possibly something in the loop controlled by the processor that can impede freon flow?

Old 07-03-2019, 09:30 AM
fatpadre
New User
My apologies and thanks to m-chan68. I'm just an amateur on A/C systems and this is my first A/C unit with electric blowers. I didn't realize the high pressure could go so high if there was no cooling. The cooling fans weren't working and I found a burned contact in the fan connector that plugs onto the fan control module. The fans worked with 12VDC applied directly to the connector and the control module had 12 VDC on the output pin but the two wouldn't make contact when plugged together. Now do I have to buy a complete new fan assembly or can I get a replacement connector somewhere? Any help is appreciated.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:00 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
The part number for a complete cooling fan and relay assembly from Ford is RF-259 if it is equipped with the 3.5L V6 engine. It wouldn't be the first cooling fan that has failed on one of these vehicles. I personally have replaced a few to correct engine overheat issues.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:26 PM
fatpadre
New User
Does Ford sell a replacement/repair pigtailed connector? My fans are working super.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: