Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

HELP with pitman arm seal

Old 05-16-2019, 07:06 AM
mutantsquirl
Freshman User
mutantsquirl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation HELP with pitman arm seal

I have a 2011 f250 and the steering gear is leaking right at the pitman arm. I have heard that a seal in there can be replaced and ill be good to go. Has anyone ever done this before? Is it just like other trucks where the pitman arm comes off, snap ring comes off, seal comes out and then put it back together in reverse order?

I seriously need to get this fixed. It would leak at random times and when it does it will completely dump everything in it. Hot or cold day and at total random. Shut the truck off and start it back up and it stops leaking. Hoses are not leaking. I have sprayed everything down and its nice and clean. And i can see the red fluid right at the upper part of the pitman arm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.