Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

372094 miles on totally stock 1998 5.4

Old 05-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Jim_Rockford
New User
Jim_Rockford is starting off with a positive reputation.
372094 miles on totally stock 1998 5.4

Well its out.verified 372094 miles. I would like to point out that this engine ran relatively well after I got done tuning it up and installing the new injectors, main reason for pulling the engine out to begin with was after I got it running well actually long before it ran while I was installing the new starter to get it to run are found at the rear exhaust manifold bolt studs were broke and it had a huge exhaust leak on the passenger side so I knew I didn't want to be fighting broken studs with the engine in the van. I'm just not up for that much of a challenge I just decided to pull it out and while I have it out I'm going to reseal it and install a new timing chain set.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:17 PM
wirelessengineer
Elder User
wirelessengineer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

(With apologies to Timex!)

Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 PM
NICKSAN
Senior User
NICKSAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice.... Ive got 234,xxx on my 5.8 but I can hear either a lifter or an exaust leak, probably wont make it that far but I have been very happy with the mileage Ive gotten from her.

Good luck with your repairs.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:51 PM
Spaznaut
Elder User
Spaznaut is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks good on top. What brand/type of oil have you been using? How did your chain tensioners look and any slack in the timing chains? I'm curious how the bores and pistons look and the bottom of the oil pan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.