Trailer LED light bar blinker problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:16 PM
ForeverFixing
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trailer LED light bar blinker problem

This inquiry is twofold. One to see if anyone has a remedy and the other is to make others aware of the problem when trying to use this type of brake light.

The light bar I used is a CAZLEDTBL1520-RD. Sixteen inch light bar for trailers.

I installed an LED tail light on my 5th wheel that is not showing the directional portion of the bar. It is the type that uses multiple LED’s to show the direction turning. The running light works normally. The brake light and turn signal flash the whole row of LED’s.

I asked the manufacturer what the problem could be and I was told it is probably the flasher. The truck is all LED and my trailer is also all LED lights. All work fine so I was not wanting to change anything like the flasher and start a new can of worms. The following is the manufacturers second response.

Noted. The issue is likely still with the flasher turn signal on the tow vehicle. With our ID bar, the turn signal function is triggered when power is supplied to the GREEN or YELLOW wire in 1 Hz frequency, or in other words, in one second intervals; which is what standard turn signal flasher relays works under. The issue is likely that the turn signal flasher relay isn't disengaging 100%, resulting in a low voltage still being present to the turn signal wires even when the flasher relay turns off. The low voltage wouldn't be enough to cause other lights in the turn signal circuit to light up but is enough to prevent the sequential function of our ID bar to be activated.

I also tried splitting the brake and turn signal wires but the turn signal turned into a very dem light so I disconnected it and wired it back to the conventional way. I am stumped. Any thoughts? Are there different blinkers that may work without causing problems with the truck or other trailer lights?

T V is a 2017 F450 Lariat