Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

How to determine if rear end has limited slip differential

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Old 04-16-2019, 01:06 AM
Liv4hockey
New User
Liv4hockey is starting off with a positive reputation.

So I'm about to change the fluid in my rear differential. It's a 2000 F250 Super Duty 4x4. How do I know if it's a limited slip differential as if it is I am supposed to add an additive.

Thanks

Old 04-16-2019, 04:27 AM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
You can check the door tag. The axle will identify if limited slip. Not sure about 2005 but my 2015 shows 3L for the axle code. L identifying a limited slip.

Or you can jack up one rear wheel and try to turn it. If it turns freely, it is not limited slip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.