Notices
General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glow plug 6v or 12v

Old 04-14-2019, 04:00 PM
albert85
New User
albert85 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glow plug 6v or 12v

Hello,
I have a problem with my glow plugs on my Ford F350 6.9l diesel 1985. How to choose the glow plugs between 6v and 12v?
The 6v burnt right after starting.
I bought some Bosch 80024 (F01G09P2A4) on rock auto website and it did bunrt too.
How does that work?
Thanks.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:46 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
welcome to FTE.
the 6.9 engines only like motorcraft ZD-1 glow plugs.
all other aftermarket glow plugs are not designed to work in our engines and will burn out almost instantly, no matter what the parts seller will tell you. remember, they are only out there to sell parts. they do not care if the parts they sell you are good or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: