Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

WAFTE Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 03:03 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Rinkled Ranger
Still here on the east side. I always want to post on the BS thread, but I don't typically have anything useful to say. Oh well...
Some of us when we don't have anything to talk about have been known to chat about the weather.

You might try that.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by tkbowman
Checking in from Burien. Received 4 notices today.
Horizon Ford is over on Ambaum now, good deal on Motorcraft parts.

Originally Posted by e9tac
I'm on Scenic Hill...about a mile from Kent Station. I still have my Gen 1 Lightning and I added an '03 F350 to the stable.
Some day we may run into each other, I usually hit the Home Depot over there.

Still here on the east side. I always want to post on the BS thread, but I don't typically have anything useful to say. Oh well...
That's why it's B.S. sometimes about Compressor install, donut shops, BBQ or just random Truck stuff.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:30 PM
RaventreeJohn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lurking.........

Old 04-03-2019, 04:46 PM
Ken's 39er
Junior User
Still have my 1949 F1 so I am present & accounted for in Shelton

Old 04-03-2019, 04:59 PM
deadsenator
Senior User
Am here (in Sumner)! Still have my 97 F350 and it's been doing well thus no posting, but I am considering a newer Dodge 3500 CCLB. More horses and torques while 20db quieter in the cab..... If only they weren't $60k!!!

Old 04-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Where at on the east side? I live in Chelan. You can jump on the BS threat and say good morning, that's what I do sometimes!

Old 04-03-2019, 11:06 PM
Viger81
New User
Im still here lurking around. Just waiting to get started on my 77 F-250 when the weather warms up a bit more.

Old 04-06-2019, 02:35 AM
Tmpst
Cackle club chauffeur
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Count me in. Some mighty nice rides y’all sharin on this thread!

Old 04-06-2019, 06:23 PM
rcboats1
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Still here, somewhat active from Everett.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:04 AM
brit_wheels_fan
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Shelton?? Tell me more!

Originally Posted by Ken's 39er
Still have my 1949 F1 so I am present & accounted for in Shelton
Some time I would like to meet you in Shelton and see that ‘49er. I would also like to see and know more about Shelton. I am from Indiana as was my father and three generations before him. But, as a child (and for most of my life) my Dad talked about Hood Canal, Puget Sound and SHELTON. During the depression, in about 1933, my Dad felt he was a burden on his father in Brazil, Indiana. Older brothers and sisters had already left home and my Dad’s mother died when he was about six years old. So Dad quit school and started riding freight trains across the country and working where ever anyone was hiring laborers. After a couple of years of this he landed in Shelton and worked as a high climber / tree topper / cable rigger near Shelton at a lumber camp (Simpson #5 if I recall correctly). Dad was drafted / inducted into the Army at Ft. Lewis and served in WWII as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne. He loved the Pacific Northwest and wanted to return to the Shelton area after the war, but came back to Indiana to care for his father until his death in 1947. He never got back to live / work in Washington, but we got an ear full as he always talked about it. Now, oddly, I wish I knew more about his time out here. I did learn in 2017 that he had returned, at least for a visit, in September 1945 as he was also discharged from Ft. Lewis. - I was born in 1951. Dad’s first new vehicle was a 1951 Ford F1. That’s what I learned to drive in as we picked up loose hay in our small hay field. I learned to drive at about age 8 or 9. That old pickup did serious farm duty for about 15 years and it was part of the family. My mom (an English war bride) and my older brother also learned to drive in that truck. We survived a couple of roll over accidents in it and we put over 200,000 miles on it before the speedo cable or gear broke. It was a BEAST of a truck. Hence my life long interest in Ford pickups of that era.

Hope to meet you some day Ken and possibly learn more about Shelton.

Respectfully yours,
Rob Blubaugh,
Morton, WA

Old 04-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
@brit_wheels_fan Nice looking rig Rob! I've been to Morton a few times, I like that area. I lot of our fruit trees are from Raintree Nursery!

Old 04-07-2019, 10:45 AM
Ken's 39er
Junior User
Hi Rob, It would be nice to meet you in the near future to talk about our interest in Ford trucks. I have lived in Shelton for 5 years so don't have any old time experiences here. I have coffee most every morning at McDonalds with a group of old time Shelton residents, the oldest is 93, so I hear a lot of stories from Shelton's past. I am a couple of years older than you and like your Dad, I was also drafted and spent my basic training at Ft Lewis. Simpson closed shop sold out 3 years ago. The new owners removed the old sawmill to the dirt and rebuilt with the newest state of the art sawmill equipment. I know nothing about the lumber business so can't elaborate more. I bought my 1949 F1 because my wife saw it and liked the look of it. We bought it, hauled it home and I spent a couple of years rebuilding it.
It would be nice to meet for lunch some time soon. Maybe in Centralia which is about half way for both of us. I will be out of town next week and will not have internet or email service.
Ken

Old 04-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Ken's 39er
Junior User
Hi Everyone.
Looks like this Roll Call is doing what it was intended to do, keep us actively involved with this site. Tom Young, I also have shopped for fruit trees at Raintree nursery. A friend that I worked with at the Navy shipyard in Bremerton quite that job about 30 years ago. I didn't know where he relocated to. Several years later my wife and I drove to Raintree to buy some fruit trees. Who do you think I met there as one of their salesmen/gardeners, my shipyard friend, Carl Nelson. Small world.
Ken

Old 04-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Hi Ken, Do you have any photos of your 39 posted on here?

Old 04-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Snowbunny setup this thread a few years back.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...r-ride-13.html

Quick Reply: WAFTE Roll Call