Sponsored by: DP Tuner

$1000 Gamble, Low on power and leaking diesel from the front of the engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 04:43 PM
patineto
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, I mess up big time...

The "Barrel shape Orings" got mess up, Maybe i over spray solvent or something but the one on the upper driver side was to big and did not want to fit..

So for some stupid reason I decide to take one of the ones at the lower passenger side to test the Oring, (that enter to "easy") doing that I decide to take the brass connector (you see I'm dumm and the freaking thing feel who knows where inside the engine bay, i try for about a hour looking for it and my hands are just to big.. (I had it "Secure" on a old bicycle spoke, I was sure it was safe)

Can I get the brass part and another oring from Napa or somewhere close, or do i need to take the whole bowl out to look for the brass coupler..??

I'm so ****, I'm just tired of the lack of space to work., I don't want to take it all apart again...

Old 04-09-2019, 04:56 PM
patineto
Senior User
NOTE: I'm leave this Here, because my latin blood took the best of me and I got all paranoiac I had to do the job again, actually after this time I can do it way faster..

So It was my FAULT TO assume things...

Actually I'm kind of **** with Riff raff for sending me a generic set of o rings, ford with not spec None Viton (Generic) if was not necessary and this job is to much of a pain to do it again in a year on the constrains of the Van..

Old 04-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by patineto
Actually I'm kind of **** with Riff raff for sending me a generic set of o rings, ford with not spec None Viton (Generic) if was not necessary and this job is to much of a pain to do it again in a year on the constrains of the Van..
Please feel free to give us a call as we don't sell "Generic Non-Viton" orings. We use Made in the USA oring kits from Bob at DieselOrings so you don't have to go back and use the inferior ones from Ford that are Buna. If there is an issue it is always better to contact the vendor than post an assumption of what you think you received.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:49 PM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Please feel free to give us a call as we don't sell "Generic Non-Viton" orings. We use Made in the USA oring kits from Bob at DieselOrings so you don't have to go back and use the inferior ones from Ford that are Buna. If there is an issue it is always better to contact the vendor than post an assumption of what you think you received.

Sorry for my apresurate reply if that was the case..

The OEM orings look more form fitting, the yellow ones where almost square (Yeah I know because they are turgent/bigger by the diesel) plus in other experiences with the Helos and dakar race and bmw bikes, they also have a different color (Usually red) that you can tell the difference..

Also I give my excuses to you because I'm totally new to american cars, so in a way I don't know how things work on them..

Well I took the bowl apart "In anger" (goes much faster/) and got the brass connector out but I'm still missing that upper left "barrel o ring" that connects to the bypass guage, Hopefully they will have that I need a bearing shop so I can see if the leak stops or i have a bigger problem...

Again, sorry me bad, if my comments where to un-educated and the result of working a few more hours in such a claustrophobic environment

Old 04-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by patineto
Sorry for my apresurate reply if that was the case..

The OEM orings look more form fitting, the yellow ones where almost square (Yeah I know because they are turgent/bigger by the diesel) plus in other experiences with the Helos and dakar race and bmw bikes, they also have a different color (Usually red) that you can tell the difference..

Also I give my excuses to you because I'm totally new to american cars, so in a way I don't know how things work on them..

Well I took the bowl apart "In anger" (goes much faster/) and got the brass connector out but I'm still missing that upper left "barrel o ring" that connects to the bypass guage, Hopefully they will have that I need a bearing shop so I can see if the leak stops or i have a bigger problem...

Again, sorry me bad, if my comments where to un-educated and the result of working a few more hours in such a claustrophobic environment
No problem, I understand, E Series are quite a pain to work on. Just don't forget that unlike many shops we are here and happy to help so don't get frustrated just give us call and we can make sure you get the right parts and also give installation instruction as well.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:13 PM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
No problem, I understand, E Series are quite a pain to work on. Just don't forget that unlike many shops we are here and happy to help so don't get frustrated just give us call and we can make sure you get the right parts and also give installation instruction as well.
You see Clay I'm not use to that, where I grow up (In Sur America) even at the dealer they sell you fake parts and about the internet or amazon lets not even talk about it..

I have read and read about your helpfulness and satisfaction, so I feel like a A$$ questioning your product (I was just thinking/wondering when i was working on the Van, maybe the have a "De-lux" kit with the colored Orings and I did not see it, you know stupid stuff..)

I look forward to do many business with you, but little by little because I'm kind of broke..

Hey so for now, when can I get that Oring thing, Napa type places, the dealer or a pro bearing shop..?? (I assume the dimensions are on the pages you send but I left them on the van)

Old 04-10-2019, 09:48 AM
patineto
Senior User
I think I found out why i was thinking i was not getting the kit i need

I saw a few videos of the oring replacing and the ones for the drain valve where always blue..

here is a video

Not trying to explain my self, just trying to figure out the origin of my confusion

Old 04-10-2019, 09:57 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Im lost, too...anyway of posting up pics of what your working on and tryn to figure out

Old 04-10-2019, 10:00 AM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
Im lost, too...anyway of posting up pics of what your working on and tryn to figure out
Sorry I drop the phone a week ago and the camera stop working

What I did, I follow step by step the procedure on this video *with all black orings) until I stumble into one of the "Tubular orings" that just those not fit (Upper drivers side)

I try to borrow a camera to take some pictures soon..

Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Maybe you are referring to the rubber parker sleeves that go between the collar and the hard lines?

Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 AM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sous
Maybe you are referring to the rubber parker sleeves that go between the collar and the hard lines?

Exactamundo, can somebody tell me what size (number) it is, so i can get one locally...

sorry i don't know the vocabulary..

NOTE: I totally see what I did, I fail to order fluorosilicone O-ring set totally my fault..

Old 04-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
You could start here and probably find what you are looking for.

Fuel Bowl Parts and O-rings - 1999-2003 Ford 7.3L

Maybe call and speak to them, they are very helpful as well.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:24 AM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sous
You could start here and probably find what you are looking for.

Fuel Bowl Parts and O-rings - 1999-2003 Ford 7.3L

Maybe call and speak to them, they are very helpful as well.
Thank you, very helpful link, i'm glad to see they have every part I will ever need..

Old 04-10-2019, 01:49 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
In a pinch, which then lasted over a year, i used fuel line for parker sleeve compensation

Old 04-10-2019, 03:34 PM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
In a pinch, which then lasted over a year, i used fuel line for parker sleeve compensation
Great trick, thanks, it makes perfect sense..

I end up ordering some sleeves from Clay, even order some of the blue ones for the check valve even if i did not need them (well Minnesota can be as cold as anything) because i'm a "PrEcrastinator" probably do to the many years in the field even if i was never a boy scout....

hopefully they will be here by saturday so I can see it i made a good investment, well How good of a investment I made

PS: I start the van with out the inside Cauling, hump, doghouse and that Engine is Loud, do people stack two layers of that silver lining shield or how else can you make it quiet with out Dynamat (I need to fix some little rusty spots, before I POR-are it and then Dynamat the firewall as much as i can..

Quick Reply: $1000 Gamble, Low on power and leaking diesel from the front of the engine