Notices
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Pusher E-Fans??

Old 03-14-2019, 09:08 PM
F-250 restorer
Post Fiend
F-250 restorer has a good reputation on FTE.F-250 restorer has a good reputation on FTE.F-250 restorer has a good reputation on FTE.
Pusher E-Fans??

You guys who run efans, do any of you use pusher fans? I know that the Mark 8 and Taurus fans are puller fans that sit between the engine and the radiator and pull air through. But does anyone use a 'pusher' fan that sits in front of the radiator and pushes air through the radiator? If so, what?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:47 PM
hail destroyer
Elder User
hail destroyer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hail destroyer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm looking at a dual fan reversible set up in my truck, in addition to the mechanical clutch fan, as my snow plow blocks the radiator, and it shoots to 220 at highway speeds. I probably don't need it, but good insurance on a truck that gets beat all the time. I'll let ya know how it works out.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:59 AM
HoustonDave
Posting Guru
HoustonDave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Used to run a pusher fan in a sports car I owned notorious for overheating (2.0L cast iron 6 cooled by a radiator roughly 1 foot square.) Kept the original fan on the water pump, made sure all the cowling on the radiator was in good shape, bracketed a 1200cfm fan as a pusher on the radiator's front, small thermocouple on the back of the radiator to turn the fan off and on. Ran it for 10 years in Houston summers and the temp gauge needle rarely went over half-way up. Was worried that the fan hub would block airflow but saw no issues. Based on my experience, it would be worth a try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.