Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Big Red just found his forever home.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:44 AM
Rickrolls
New User
Rickrolls is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks guys, nice to see I'm not alone in loving this truck.
Wondering if anyone has info about Roney, little to see on the Google. They were built in Portland, I believe.
In operation under that name from 1952 to 1960. That's all I could find.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:58 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Rickrolls View Post

Here's a few pics to consider.
It is a very nice truck and in great shape. But consider this. Are you sure it doesn't have 109400 miles? Looking at the condition of the brake pedal pad and the paint worn off the gear shift lever and the ebrake lever would lead me to believe that odometer has turned over. I just noticed the service stickers on the A pillar. Do they have mileage written on them?

Irregardless of the mileage it is a great original truck!

Old 03-16-2019, 02:05 PM
Rickrolls
New User
Big truck, big fun! Went out to see about horn honking. The neighborhood kids like it too!

Old 03-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Rickrolls
New User
Hi Abe, it's possible the odo has turned over but I'm thinking not.
The wear and dirt suggest very low mileage. The extra wear on the controls could very easily be
due to generations of kids sitting in it, and dreaming.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:48 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Rickrolls View Post
Hi Abe, it's possible the odo has turned over but I'm thinking not.
The wear and dirt suggest very low mileage. The extra wear on the controls could very easily be
due to generations of kids sitting in it, and dreaming.
True. A fire truck can have low miles but high hours and a lot of use.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.
Very nice truck. Looks like your family is enjoying it too. Keep us posted on any updates you do to it. Good luck and welcome to the group.
Ken.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:44 PM
Rickrolls
New User
Neighborhood kids, so yeah, extended family. The truck is a magnet for
kids of all ages!
Abe: I checked the stickers, last recorded mileage was from 1976. Shows 5463 miles at that time so I
believe the odometer is correct. As far as being ridden hard and put away wet, the overall condition says nope.
Babied and well kept example.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.