Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash cam

Old 03-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Firefighter 1406
Postmaster
Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.
What size SD cards do you guys run? And how long can they record for? Are they set to overwrite? Or do you have to pull the card and delete it?

Old 03-09-2019, 06:57 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Firefighter 1406 View Post
What size SD cards do you guys run? And how long can they record for? Are they set to overwrite? Or do you have to pull the card and delete it?
I gave a 64 gig, which gives me about 5 days with both front and rear cameras at 1080 resolution. It overwrites

https://www.amazon.com/Veckle-Channel-Dashboard-Recorder-Recording/dp/B0746BCFBF/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1539634946&sr=8-3&keywords=mini+0906&linkCode=ll1&tag=dcr-dual-20#customerReviews

Old 03-09-2019, 10:08 PM
wrvond
Posting Guru
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think the card that’s in there right now is 64 gigs. It over writes but not over “events”. I format the card every couple weeks by pushing a button on the side of the front camera. That deletes marked events. Since I don’t have cloud available, I have to put the micro SD card in a computer to download any updates or if I want to save videos. I can download videos to my phone or tablet, but it’s much faster to copy them over on a computer.
Blackvue SD750 dual channel.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:23 AM
2009kr
Posting Guru
2009kr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Bohen View Post
What amp fuses did you use ?
The wire for the camera is small, so I used a 5A (not the 15 that came with the tap).

Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 2009kr View Post
The wire for the camera is small, so I used a 5A (not the 15 that came with the tap).
thank you sir .

Old 03-11-2019, 08:58 AM
wrvond
Posting Guru
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
Probably depends on the camera. My DR750 calls for 20 amp fuse.
I plugged it in to a 20 amp circuit and used a 20 amp micro fuse.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:05 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
I connected to the fused PTO wire. Cameras draw less than half an amp running

Old 03-12-2019, 06:06 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
2009kr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post

Probably depends on the camera. My DR750 calls for 20 amp fuse.
I plugged it in to a 20 amp circuit and used a 20 amp micro fuse.
I have the DR900 2-channel system. The most it draws is just over one amp. There is no way I'd want a wire that thin under my A-pillar trim and under my headliner with a 20 amp fuse. I don't know the gauge, but it definitely isn't rated for a 20 amp draw. I doubt you'd ever have an issue, but I like to fuse circuits for the weakest link - and that thin wire is it.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:11 PM
wrvond
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2009kr View Post
I have the DR900 2-channel system. The most it draws is just over one amp. There is no way I'd want a wire that thin under my A-pillar trim and under my headliner with a 20 amp fuse. I don't know the gauge, but it definitely isn't rated for a 20 amp draw. I doubt you'd ever have an issue, but I like to fuse circuits for the weakest link - and that thin wire is it.
My camera isn’t plugged into the fuse block. It’s plugged in to the Cell Link Neo battery. The battery is connected to the fuse block and installation instructions called for a 20 amp fuse.
So I wasn’t exactly correct in my earlier post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: