Notices

Looking for new tires.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:19 AM
shadows4
Senior User
shadows4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looking for new tires.

Hey guys. Need a bit of help,advise. Current tires 265/75/16 stock rims. Looking to go up to a 285/75/16. What would be a good tire for towing? We use the truck mainly to tow the 5th wheel with, it weighs right at 10K. Truck is the 2003 F350 in sig. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:38 AM
rvpuller
rvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud ofrvpuller has much to be proud of
I've been using Firestone Transforce for years when I had work trucks and on my pulling trucks, they are reasonably priced and I have never had a failure. I like the HT because they are quite and wear longer than the AT.

Denny

Old 02-09-2019, 07:24 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Coopers are generally what I run.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:36 AM
ATC_F350
Senior User
ATC_F350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Really like Kumho AT51's, I haven't run the E rated ones on my SD, but great all around tire (snow, mud, wet) on the F150.

Yokohoma Geolanders last a long time, but get stuck on wet grass.

General Grabber AT2's did well on my truck also.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:39 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
All I will say is that I've never had any luck with Firestones. Either poor wear or blow outs. Side wall disintegration on one OEM set. Just my personal experience.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Edd505
Junior User
Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ATC_F350 View Post
Really like Kumho AT51's, I haven't run the E rated ones on my SD, but great all around tire (snow, mud, wet) on the F150.

Yokohoma Geolanders last a long time, but get stuck on wet grass.

General Grabber AT2's did well on my truck also.
Yokohoma Geolanders on my F350 & 35ft 5W, one of the best little known tires for long wear. Like ATC said they are not for off road but great highway.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by rvpuller View Post
I've been using Firestone Transforce for years when I had work trucks and on my pulling trucks, they are reasonably priced and I have never had a failure. I like the HT because they are quite and wear longer than the AT.

Denny
I run the Nitto Duras and have experienced excellent performance and wear from them. And I agree with Denny, the HT tread is so much more quiet than any AT tread design. If you don't NEED an AT tire on your tow rig consider a set of HT tires, they are the right tool for the job (highway towing).

Old 02-23-2019, 12:37 AM
shadows4
Senior User
shadows4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. I got Cooper Discover ATP's today. Went with the 285 size. And Discount Tire had a 2 day sale with up to 15% off, SCORE!!!!

Old 02-23-2019, 06:08 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
congrats, check out coopertires.com for any rebates there may be. This last year I got 70 bucks back. If I recall I scanned in the receipts and completed the rebate online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.