Trailer brake controller - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

Trailer brake controller

Old 01-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Trailer brake controller

Did I miss it as an option or did ford drop the ball on that one too?

Old 01-27-2019, 09:37 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
It’s a dealer added option from what I understand.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:52 AM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Idiots, complete idiots. Boasting about 7500lb tow rating and you NEED trailer brakes on anything 3500+ and they dont offer a brake controller

Old 01-28-2019, 03:56 PM
92F350CC
Posting Guru
92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future
I don't get how they missed that.

But as stated above, you can get it as a dealer added option.

Most owners will probably be towing small trailers with surge brakes anyway.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:18 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
Kind of like the door keypad is just a stick on FOB.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:41 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
2.7EcoBoost is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ford390gashog View Post
Kind of like the door keypad is just a stick on FOB.
No moon roof either....lol. All for the reasonable price of ONLY $45,000 for a "well" equipped Lariat 4x4.......

Old 01-30-2019, 03:26 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
Itís a dealer added option from what I understand.

I can add one too. But the point of the Factory brake controller is so it take brake pressure(sensor mounted on master cylinder) and converts it to voltage for trailer brakes.
Not some POS pendulum setup that is so antiquated it should be outlawed

Old 01-30-2019, 05:29 PM
seventyseven250
Post Fiend
seventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
I can add one too. But the point of the Factory brake controller is so it take brake pressure(sensor mounted on master cylinder) and converts it to voltage for trailer brakes.
Not some POS pendulum setup that is so antiquated it should be outlawed
Is that how the other ones work?

Old 01-31-2019, 05:41 AM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by seventyseven250 View Post
Is that how the other ones work?

The aftermarket? Yes, it is a joke

Old 02-08-2019, 10:02 AM
WXboy
Postmaster
WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.
I've heard that's it's a "dealer add-on" BUT it's still not a Ford OE part and people who have it don't like it. Plus, the way it mounts is with a cheesy 1980ish looking **** next to the trans. shifter. What a joke.

So to the OP... yes, it appears they fumbled the ball on this also, and the other team recovered and ran it in for a touchdown.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Well that is a disappointment. I would guess this is a consequence of the global design architecture. The structure sold with much less power in other geographical areas and don't tow is much, so I imagine it wasn't considered as important to those who designed it.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:45 PM
92F350CC
Posting Guru
92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future
That is probably what happened. I like this little truck, but I'm thinking it's far less "american specific" than Ford was touting it would be.

I expect the next redesign to have one(or hell, maybe even the 2020 MY). There's no way Ford won't start offering it. IIRC they were the first to start offering IBC's in the full size trucks.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Wow, glad you were able to decipher my previous post. I've been experimenting with dictation software because of a lot of hand problems, and that one was an epic fail. I'll proofread better next time!

I just looked at the Chevy website, it looks like the Colorado offers an IBC. I think it's likely we'll see this as an option in the near future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: