6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Apparent new lawsuit on the CP4 failures for 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,376 Likes on 4,634 Posts
Apparent new lawsuit on the CP4 failures for 6.7

I just found this on a 6.7 Powerstroke page I follow on Facebook. I don't know if there are any threads on this already but posting up for FYI.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-67-cp4-fuel-pump-failures-lawsuit.shtml

Old 01-23-2019, 06:13 PM
lynnmor
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Overkill2
I just found this on a 6.7 Powerstroke page I follow on Facebook. I don't know if there are any threads on this already but posting up for FYI.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-67-cp4-fuel-pump-failures-lawsuit.shtml
i don’t know the status of the lawsuit, but the article was written by a dummy.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:02 PM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 01-26-2019, 04:09 AM
linekin
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a '12 with about 28,000 miles on it that had the failure & Fords response was exactly as described. Contaminated fuel. They showed me contaminated fuel. No warranty. The dealership I felt did as best as they could on a trade, ( for a used Chevy) I'm back in a Ford 6.2 now but don't put much stock in their or anyone else's warranty for that matter because of that.
I agree that the diesel standards are at best poor, at least for these high tech diesels systems today. Its why I'll never own another diesel pickup, period.
I took a big hit on that truck & still ain't over it!

Old 01-26-2019, 04:32 AM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by linekin
I had a '12 with about 28,000 miles on it that had the failure & Fords response was exactly as described. Contaminated fuel. They showed me contaminated fuel. No warranty. The dealership I felt did as best as they could on a trade, ( for a used Chevy) I'm back in a Ford 6.2 now but don't put much stock in their or anyone else's warranty for that matter because of that.
I agree that the diesel standards are at best poor, at least for these high tech diesels systems today. Its why I'll never own another diesel pickup, period.
Your insurance should have picked up the tab.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:45 AM
linekin
Junior User
Originally Posted by Deuce40s
Your insurance should have picked up the tab.
I looked into it & they wouldn't. Can't recall why but seem to think they said it was a warranty issue. Which in looking at the fuel the service manager showed me, I would have said he was right it was contaminated. So, agreed the insurance should have.
I blame diesel standards & Fords filtration system at the time for its failure. Its a shame as I really liked that truck & the 6.7 power. Probably still be in it today otherwise.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:49 AM
'65Ford
Cargo Master
Received 253 Likes on 183 Posts
[QUOTE=linekin;18441627]I looked into it & they wouldn't. Can't recall why but seem to think they said it was a warranty issue. Which in looking at the fuel the service manager showed me, I would have said he was right it was contaminated. So, agreed the insurance should have.
I blame diesel standards & Fords filtration system at the time for its failure. Its a shame as I really liked that truck & the 6.7 power. Probably still be in it today otherwise.[/QUOTE

What was in the bad fuel? Dirt, water?

Old 01-26-2019, 05:58 AM
linekin
Junior User
[QUOTE='65Ford;18441658]
I looked into it & they wouldn't. Can't recall why but seem to think they said it was a warranty issue. Which in looking at the fuel the service manager showed me, I would have said he was right it was contaminated. So, agreed the insurance should have.
I blame diesel standards & Fords filtration system at the time for its failure. Its a shame as I really liked that truck & the 6.7 power. Probably still be in it today otherwise.[/QUOTE

What was in the bad fuel? Dirt, water?
It looked like rust in the bucket he saved for me. I would have like to watch the tech take the sample but that wasn't the case.
The weird thing was the failure happened on startup after work with absolutely no sign of anything on the way there. For those of you that have not been fortunate enough to hear it, it sounds like the fan or shroud has come loose & making contact with it.
Hope you all never have to hear it!

Old 01-27-2019, 08:28 AM
'65Ford
Cargo Master
Received 253 Likes on 183 Posts
[left][QUOTE=linekin;18441665]
Originally Posted by '65Ford

It looked like rust in the bucket he saved for me. I would have like to watch the tech take the sample but that wasn't the case.
The weird thing was the failure happened on startup after work with absolutely no sign of anything on the way there. For those of you that have not been fortunate enough to hear it, it sounds like the fan or shroud has come loose & making contact with it.
Hope you all never have to hear it!

Perhaps watery fuel rusted the fuel system? I'd hope the filters would have caught rust that may have came with the fuel.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:06 AM
TCNashville
Laughing Gas
Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
My '12 had 58K on it and just out of warranty when I traded in it on a 6.2l. I never had a problem with mine and drained the fuel/water bowl religiously. Your issue was always something that was in the back of my head and wondering if it would be covered under warranty. Did you ever have a water-in fuel light?

Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 AM
linekin
Junior User
Originally Posted by TCNashville
My '12 had 58K on it and just out of warranty when I traded in it on a 6.2l. I never had a problem with mine and drained the fuel/water bowl religiously. Your issue was always something that was in the back of my head and wondering if it would be covered under warranty. Did you ever have a water-in fuel light?
I never had a water in the fuel light but did freeze up once. I'd replace my filters at every oil change but I did not ever drain them between. Wished I'd had of as maybe I would have seen a sign of it. As I said, I really liked that truck!