Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Apparent new lawsuit on the CP4 failures for 6.7

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apparent new lawsuit on the CP4 failures for 6.7

 
  #1  
Old 01-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Overkill2's Avatar
Overkill2
Overkill2 is online now
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Western NY
Posts: 810
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Apparent new lawsuit on the CP4 failures for 6.7

I just found this on a 6.7 Powerstroke page I follow on Facebook. I don't know if there are any threads on this already but posting up for FYI.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-67-cp4-fuel-pump-failures-lawsuit.shtml
 
  #2  
Old 01-23-2019, 06:13 PM
lynnmor
lynnmor is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 349
lynnmor has a good reputation on FTE.lynnmor has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Overkill2 View Post
I just found this on a 6.7 Powerstroke page I follow on Facebook. I don't know if there are any threads on this already but posting up for FYI.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-67-cp4-fuel-pump-failures-lawsuit.shtml
i donít know the status of the lawsuit, but the article was written by a dummy.
 
  #3  
Old 01-23-2019, 07:02 PM
dirthawg's Avatar
dirthawg
dirthawg is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BA, OK
Posts: 879
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
  #4  
Old 01-26-2019, 04:09 AM
linekin
linekin is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midcoast Maine
Posts: 38
linekin is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a '12 with about 28,000 miles on it that had the failure & Fords response was exactly as described. Contaminated fuel. They showed me contaminated fuel. No warranty. The dealership I felt did as best as they could on a trade, ( for a used Chevy) I'm back in a Ford 6.2 now but don't put much stock in their or anyone else's warranty for that matter because of that.
I agree that the diesel standards are at best poor, at least for these high tech diesels systems today. Its why I'll never own another diesel pickup, period.
I took a big hit on that truck & still ain't over it!
 
  #5  
Old 01-26-2019, 04:32 AM
Deuce40s
Deuce40s is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 809
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by linekin View Post
I had a '12 with about 28,000 miles on it that had the failure & Fords response was exactly as described. Contaminated fuel. They showed me contaminated fuel. No warranty. The dealership I felt did as best as they could on a trade, ( for a used Chevy) I'm back in a Ford 6.2 now but don't put much stock in their or anyone else's warranty for that matter because of that.
I agree that the diesel standards are at best poor, at least for these high tech diesels systems today. Its why I'll never own another diesel pickup, period.
I took a big hit on that truck & still ain't over it!
Your insurance should have picked up the tab.
 
  #6  
Old 01-26-2019, 04:45 AM
linekin
linekin is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midcoast Maine
Posts: 38
linekin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
Your insurance should have picked up the tab.
I looked into it & they wouldn't. Can't recall why but seem to think they said it was a warranty issue. Which in looking at the fuel the service manager showed me, I would have said he was right it was contaminated. So, agreed the insurance should have.
I blame diesel standards & Fords filtration system at the time for its failure. Its a shame as I really liked that truck & the 6.7 power. Probably still be in it today otherwise.
 
  #7  
Old 01-26-2019, 05:49 AM
'65Ford
'65Ford is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,258
'65Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
[QUOTE=linekin;18441627]I looked into it & they wouldn't. Can't recall why but seem to think they said it was a warranty issue. Which in looking at the fuel the service manager showed me, I would have said he was right it was contaminated. So, agreed the insurance should have.
I blame diesel standards & Fords filtration system at the time for its failure. Its a shame as I really liked that truck & the 6.7 power. Probably still be in it today otherwise.[/QUOTE

What was in the bad fuel? Dirt, water?
 
  #8  
Old 01-26-2019, 05:58 AM
linekin
linekin is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midcoast Maine
Posts: 38
linekin is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE='65Ford;18441658]
Originally Posted by linekin View Post
I looked into it & they wouldn't. Can't recall why but seem to think they said it was a warranty issue. Which in looking at the fuel the service manager showed me, I would have said he was right it was contaminated. So, agreed the insurance should have.
I blame diesel standards & Fords filtration system at the time for its failure. Its a shame as I really liked that truck & the 6.7 power. Probably still be in it today otherwise.[/QUOTE

What was in the bad fuel? Dirt, water?
It looked like rust in the bucket he saved for me. I would have like to watch the tech take the sample but that wasn't the case.
The weird thing was the failure happened on startup after work with absolutely no sign of anything on the way there. For those of you that have not been fortunate enough to hear it, it sounds like the fan or shroud has come loose & making contact with it.
Hope you all never have to hear it!
 
  #9  
Old 01-27-2019, 08:28 AM
'65Ford
'65Ford is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,258
'65Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
[left][QUOTE=linekin;18441665]
Originally Posted by '65Ford View Post

It looked like rust in the bucket he saved for me. I would have like to watch the tech take the sample but that wasn't the case.
The weird thing was the failure happened on startup after work with absolutely no sign of anything on the way there. For those of you that have not been fortunate enough to hear it, it sounds like the fan or shroud has come loose & making contact with it.
Hope you all never have to hear it!


Perhaps watery fuel rusted the fuel system? I'd hope the filters would have caught rust that may have came with the fuel.
 
  #10  
Old 01-27-2019, 09:06 AM
TCNashville
TCNashville is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 384
TCNashville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by linekin View Post
I had a '12 with about 28,000 miles on it that had the failure & Fords response was exactly as described. Contaminated fuel. They showed me contaminated fuel. No warranty. The dealership I felt did as best as they could on a trade, ( for a used Chevy) I'm back in a Ford 6.2 now but don't put much stock in their or anyone else's warranty for that matter because of that.
I agree that the diesel standards are at best poor, at least for these high tech diesels systems today. Its why I'll never own another diesel pickup, period.
I took a big hit on that truck & still ain't over it!
My '12 had 58K on it and just out of warranty when I traded in it on a 6.2l. I never had a problem with mine and drained the fuel/water bowl religiously. Your issue was always something that was in the back of my head and wondering if it would be covered under warranty. Did you ever have a water-in fuel light?
 
  #11  
Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 AM
linekin
linekin is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midcoast Maine
Posts: 38
linekin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
My '12 had 58K on it and just out of warranty when I traded in it on a 6.2l. I never had a problem with mine and drained the fuel/water bowl religiously. Your issue was always something that was in the back of my head and wondering if it would be covered under warranty. Did you ever have a water-in fuel light?
I never had a water in the fuel light but did freeze up once. I'd replace my filters at every oil change but I did not ever drain them between. Wished I'd had of as maybe I would have seen a sign of it. As I said, I really liked that truck!
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: