Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Whatís the latest on the oil recommendations for the 6.7

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-27-2019, 10:35 AM
Fandini
Senior User
Fandini is starting off with a positive reputation.

Most of what Iíve been reading is from 2017. Was wondering if there have been any updates on approved and acceptable oils for the 2018 6.7. Iíve got 15,000 miles and Iím wondering if I should stay with the Ford oil or if I can move to a synthetic soon? Used Scheaffers in my 6.0 Ford and it was good stuff. If thereís still a debate going on I guess Iíll just stay with the Ford oil.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 AM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
You can run whatever oil you like. If you have an engine failure that would be covered under warranty and you were not using an oil on the list below, Ford could deny covering the cost for repairs. Of course they would have to legally prove your oil caused the failure. But who wants to go through all that time and money to prove it was not your oil.

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...ry=Motor%20Oil

That list was last updated on November 28, 2018

T6 and Valvoline PBX are both on that list and are readily available at local parts and big box stores.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Fandini
Senior User
Fandini is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thatís a freakin bunch of oils! I had no idea there were that many oils even on the market. Once again......thanks a ton for the help and info!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: