Narrowed it down...what would you pick - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Narrowed it down...what would you pick

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 01-16-2019, 12:18 AM
bigt8600
Junior User
bigt8600 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Driving to Texas to pick up my new SuperDuty on Saturday. Going to buy 35s next week (Toyo M/Ts or Nitto Grapplers depending on price). Which level to get??....2"BDS with 4 Fox shocks or 2.5" Ready Lift. BDS is more expensive but I would be getting Fox shocks all the way around. Both have track bar relocation.

Is the ride on the factory shocks bad enough to warrant going with the Fox shocks? I live in Louisiana where the roads are God awful if that helps decide...

Old 01-16-2019, 01:10 AM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
Id go with the BDS personally. They are owned by Fox. Lots of guys have gone readylift there though, so Im sure theyll chime in.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:15 AM
cain0725
Freshman User
cain0725 is starting off with a positive reputation.
bds

bds and fox schocks, dual rate new sorings and stabilizer bar ! New conteol arms i believe come with the 2700 dollar package. What my local shop recommending, he knws i am picky

Old 01-16-2019, 02:17 AM
tuff4rd
Junior User
tuff4rd is starting off with a positive reputation.
295/65/20 Toyo MT tires. 2.5 Readylift w/ track bar, Fox 2.0 shocks F&B and BDS Fox 2.0 dual stabilizers. I'm very satisfied with my setup.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 AM
st1nn3tt
Senior User
st1nn3tt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Another vote for the BDS. It comes with the caster correction shims as well and I don't think the ReadyLift does. Your caster will be low after leveling, and if you don't correct it it can cause death wobble or vibrations at certain speeds.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:23 AM
Nictye
New User
Nictye is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good looking ride Tuff4, what offset are the wheels?
Any Rub or Trim at all?

Old 01-16-2019, 01:32 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bigt8600 View Post
Driving to Texas to pick up my new SuperDuty on Saturday. Going to buy 35s next week (Toyo M/Ts or Nitto Grapplers depending on price). Which level to get??....2"BDS with 4 Fox shocks or 2.5" Ready Lift. BDS is more expensive but I would be getting Fox shocks all the way around. Both have track bar relocation.

Is the ride on the factory shocks bad enough to warrant going with the Fox shocks? I live in Louisiana where the roads are God awful if that helps decide...

I`m not sure if this matters to you because the difference is very small and you won`t notice it but, did you know that Nitto Tires actually run a bit smaller width wise than the actual size they have listed on the tire?

Old 01-16-2019, 05:53 PM
KCRebel
Senior User
KCRebel is starting off with a positive reputation.
BDS for sure. The Fox shocks will make your truck ride like it's supposed to and I know the roads in your area well. Just like the roads up here. The improvement will be felt the first few miles and only gets better. It is literally like driving a different truck in how it handles.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:33 AM
bigt8600
Junior User
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
I`m not sure if this matters to you because the difference is very small and you won`t notice it but, did you know that Nitto Tires actually run a bit smaller width wise than the actual size they have listed on the tire?
Didnít know that. How about height? Do they measure a true 35?

Old 01-17-2019, 07:35 AM
bigt8600
Junior User
Originally Posted by KCRebel View Post
BDS for sure. The Fox shocks will make your truck ride like it's supposed to and I know the roads in your area well. Just like the roads up here. The improvement will be felt the first few miles and only gets better. It is literally like driving a different truck in how it handles.
You wouldnít believe how many differing opinions the mechanics have around here on the Fox. Many say they are over rated and only needed for off road or if Iím riding gravel roads a lot.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:37 AM
bigt8600
Junior User
Let me ask yíall this...

What if I ran a Readylift 3.5 SST lift instead of the leveling kit. Would you see a problem running Fox shocks with this setup? Iíve tried to find Fox 2.0s made for a lifted truck but canít find them. Would I just order the model for a stock Superduty?

Old 01-17-2019, 11:03 AM
BillyE
Elder User
BillyE is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Iíve tried to find Fox 2.0s made for a lifted truck but canít find them.
You haven't tried very hard. Go to www.ridefox.com and put in your vehicle specs. It will give you a list of shocks including ride height vs stock. Match up to the lift you are wanting. Stock shocks will be too short.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:26 AM
RandyinTN
Senior User
RandyinTN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Nictye View Post
Good looking ride Tuff4, what offset are the wheels?
Any Rub or Trim at all?
Tuff, Really nice truck

Old 01-17-2019, 12:50 PM
bigt8600
Junior User
Originally Posted by BillyE View Post
You haven't tried very hard. Go to www.ridefox.com and put in your vehicle specs. It will give you a list of shocks including ride height vs stock. Match up to the lift you are wanting. Stock shocks will be too short.
My bad! Iíll check it out again.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:46 PM
KCRebel
Senior User
KCRebel is starting off with a positive reputation.

You wouldnít believe how many differing opinions the mechanics have around here on the Fox. Many say they are over rated and only needed for off road or if Iím riding gravel roads a lot.

It is very common for a mechanic to push his products and bash the ones he either does not or can not carry. I've never understood this approach in any kind of business because they lose the best customers this way as they become informed and find out the bias (read lies and misinformation) have caused them to make poor decisions over time. Typically the first thing I do is research any kind of claim one of these guys makes or just listen to him talk and answer my questions. Let them run that trap long enough and it will become clear if they know as much as they think. Lol.
Wish it wasn't that way in all things of life but Reagan had it right way back in the day....Trust but Verify.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.