2017 Explorer lost audio in navigation - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

2017 Explorer lost audio in navigation

Old 01-14-2019, 12:48 PM
4bigred
Junior User
4bigred is starting off with a positive reputation.
2017 Explorer lost audio in navigation

My wife's 2017 Explorer has lost the audio and tone when using navigation. Volume show "0" and won't increase using the steering wheel control. I've gone to navigation preferences and selected voice and tone. I get the tone and warning about obeying traffic laws and nothing after that, just silence. Is there a reset I can do?

Old 01-15-2019, 04:50 PM
madsonp
madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you are unable to correct the problem with the settings, the first thing to try with any little glitch such as this is to reboot your system, There are different ways to do this depending on your system, some have a small recessed reset button on the front panel, or you can disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect. If you're not comfortable with dealing with the battery, determine which fuse(s) are for the radio, then pull them for a few minutes, then reinstall them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.