Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wandering Ex

Old 01-12-2019, 12:27 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Exactly pirate, with all the reading I’ve done, the return to center should be perfect with 5* of caster.
The free spin kit was installed in August, I’ve put on 1700 miles since then. I’m not going to retorque them now because it will need to come apart later this month when it’s in for state inspection, I think I will just have them put in new ball joints then. I take it to a 4x4 shop that I trust, they did the spring swap and gears, so I’m comfortable with them and with their work. The owner also owns an Ex, he has a 6” lift on his and has 6.0, so he’s familiar with how our trucks handle.
The pitman arm and trac bar and mount are factory. I was thinking about getting an adjustable trac bar but I’ll wait and see what the new ball joints do for my steering.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:42 PM
sammie0126
Postmaster
sammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by dualwheels66 View Post
Exactly pirate, with all the reading Iíve done, the return to center should be perfect with 5* of caster.
The free spin kit was installed in August, Iíve put on 1700 miles since then. Iím not going to retorque them now because it will need to come apart later this month when itís in for state inspection, I think I will just have them put in new ball joints then. I take it to a 4x4 shop that I trust, they did the spring swap and gears, so Iím comfortable with them and with their work. The owner also owns an Ex, he has a 6Ē lift on his and has 6.0, so heís familiar with how our trucks handle.
The pitman arm and trac bar and mount are factory. I was thinking about getting an adjustable trac bar but Iíll wait and see what the new ball joints do for my steering.
Do the ball joints for sure and if you need the adjustable track bar here are the instructions. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...s-updated.html

Old 01-16-2019, 04:48 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.dualwheels66 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks Sammie, hopefully I won’t need one but if I do, I will certainly refer to your instructions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.