2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Lifting a 2wd gasser

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 08:44 PM
ToolMan86
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifting a 2wd gasser

Has anyone had any luck with anything other then the coil spring spacers for lifting the new Super-duty trucks? Is it possible that a lift kit for the previous generation will work? Has anyone installed the lift springs instead of the spacers?

thanks for any help

Old 01-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ToolMan86
Has anyone had any luck with anything other then the coil spring spacers for lifting the new Super-duty trucks? Is it possible that a lift kit for the previous generation will work? Has anyone installed the lift springs instead of the spacers?

thanks for any help
i started out looking for the same thing. Your not going to find anything. I have contacted anybody and everybody that manufactures A/M lifts. (Like literally all of them) None of them are planning on making anything for the 2wd. The puck is your only option, but it sucks on the 2wd because the alignment issues it causes. I had a co-worker that leveled his 2wd with the pucks, and he took them off within 5k miles. You have to grind the knuckle to align the truck the best you can. It will eat tires no matter how the alignment is. It also rides ruff as hell because of the angle of the I beams. Its no bueno. Whole thing sucks because a set of drop brackets for the I beams wouldnt be difficult or expensive to manufacture. Longer tie rods, longer coils, longer brake lines, longer shocks, and it would be good to go. Theres just no market for it.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:22 PM
grngiant
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call Jeremy at Weld Tech Designs. He was posting other forums about lifting 2wd super duties. I know he makes a great 2wd Ford van lift, I know he could help you with your trucks.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:41 PM
ToolMan86
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so a bracket that extends the mounting distance for the ibeam mount will lift the truck? what about the support beams that run the same direction of the frame rails?

I have the pucks in right now and just don't feel that safe with them when you look at how much they compress the uhmw plastics. I have a full machine shop at my disposal so I thought of making them out of aluminum but I would feel much more comfortable with putting longer shocks in and using the factory stuff..with longer shocks.. do you know if anyone has had any luck with this and them using the moog fully adjustable camber bushings?

Old 01-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by grngiant
Call Jeremy at Weld Tech Designs. He was posting other forums about lifting 2wd super duties. I know he makes a great 2wd Ford van lift, I know he could help you with your trucks.
8-) dude thanks! I will check him out! I figured someone could custom fab something.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by ToolMan86
so a bracket that extends the mounting distance for the ibeam mount will lift the truck? what about the support beams that run the same direction of the frame rails?

I have the pucks in right now and just don't feel that safe with them when you look at how much they compress the uhmw plastics. I have a full machine shop at my disposal so I thought of making them out of aluminum but I would feel much more comfortable with putting longer shocks in and using the factory stuff..with longer shocks.. do you know if anyone has had any luck with this and them using the moog fully adjustable camber bushings?
Yes the radius arm angle would have to be addressed as well. Longer coil springs would “lift” the truck. The bracket that would drop the i beams is to keep the beams at a decent angle. If you just put longer springs on with out dropping the pivot ends of the beams the angle would be too steep and you would not be able to align the truck...... So you are currently running the pucks? Ditch the plastic ones. They will sag. Have you had your truck aligned since installing the pucks? If you still need the alignment bushings you are going to have to look at where the knuckle gets close to the beam end. I had a co worker that had a 12 or 13 2WD. We put the spacers on his truck along with the alignment bushings. To set his alignment we had to grind a small amout off of his steering knuckle, otherwise the knuckle came into contact with the i beam when setting caster and camber. Before the alignment his front tires were like this \ / . The caster and camber though better could never be set properly. It pulled with the crown, and it chopped tires. It also rode rougher even though he put on longer shocks. He took it off that same summer. Im not sure if they have done anything different with these new trucks, so your results may vary.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Checked out that dudes website. LEGIT! Pretty sure if anyone can do it this dude can. Thank you sir! Those lifted e150’s are so bad ***!