7.3l diesel stall - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
International Region Australia

7.3l diesel stall

Old 01-02-2019, 07:42 AM
larry1954
New User
larry1954 is starting off with a positive reputation.
7.3l diesel stall

My 2003 F250 with 7.3l diesel stalled very unexpectedly a few nights ago driving back from the river towing a boat. I was just slowing down and making a right hand turn and the truck stalled. I could not start it again until I turned the ignition to off and then back to on again and cranked the engine and it restarted. I have not any clue as to why this might have happened. Since the engine had to be fully turned off and then turned on again before it would restart, I am assuming that it may be a sensor that is at fault? From what I have read elsewhere, perhaps the crank position sensor?

Never noticed it to happen previously but thought it might have something to do with the led high beam light bar which I have installed, so I started the truck yesterday and ran it for awhile in the garage with the led high beam on, but it did not stall.

Any ideas? The truck has a Banks 6 pack tuner. Maybe I should drive it a bit more to see if I can see some pattern in the stalling or even if it ever happens again. The only problem is that I do not normally use the truck except when towing a boat, and that is a very inconvenient time for it to stall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.