Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2019 Annual B.S. Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 09:59 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gotta love same day delivery from Amazon. Only took about 45 minutes to unpack, connect, pair and update the base unit and three cameras. Even got a suspect car doing a couple of laps thur my neighborhood last night.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:48 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Nice, how is the quality during the day? Are you happy with the results?

Old 01-14-2019, 08:23 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Onug, The night shots look really good. The suspect vehicle looks very suspicious especially backed up to your garage! LOL

Old 01-14-2019, 11:00 AM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Nice! I have a 9 camera Lorex/Flir NVR system on my house. Only have 5 setup so far, but it's pretty sweet. 4K res cameras and the whole nine yards, wasn't cheap though. I have ring on my doorbell too.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:09 PM
onug
Postmaster
Nice. 4K is the way to go if you want license plates. Overall, I’m pretty happy with my system. Still trying to get everything fine tuned. The night vision quality isn’t as good as I expected, but such is life.

Here’s a shot during the day.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:41 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I have some Amcrest 1080p camera's that are alright. Arlo looks good for the cost.

Truck goes for Estimates on Thursday at Service King and Gerber.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Hi guys,

I'm in the hospital tonight recovering form having my left knee replaced today. Coming out of all of the initial drugs my knee is starting to hurt but still doing good.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Hi guys,

I'm in the hospital tonight recovering form having my left knee replaced today. Coming out of all of the initial drugs my knee is starting to hurt but still doing good.
Doing good is the thing everyone wants to hear.

Oh Boy can I remember the happy drugs before and after the emergency gallbladder surgery.
I wanted to stop the meds before they did and only had to ask the one time.

The day I was discharged they still had to take a drain out and it was sort of stuck. One does of the HD happy juice and I did not mind that it hurt when it was pulled out
What happened I had been coughing earlier and the chest wall muscles tightened up and the drain just would not come out with gentle pulling. I heard I was almost coming
off the bed each time the nurse pulled on it even after I said go ahead and pull as hard as you need to. So much for that idea. The surgeon was called and he said try some
happy juice and more or less did it. Still stung but not as bad. I am happy they got it out in the room and not having to go back up to the OR.

EDIT : I see our new guy has not dropped in yet.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:22 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Glad surgery went well Tim. Take it easy while you can.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:51 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Ex is leaving me stuck places for minutes at a time because I can't get the shifter to release out of park. Currently researching what part is causing the failure. I'm assuming some sort of lockout solenoid or a simple brake sensor. Annoying.
Had to put my Beagle down yesterday, poor old guy hurt his back and jacked his paw up and I was staring down a ~5-10K bill to keep a 14 year old dog in good quality of life. No more pets for our household for a while at least. That little furball annoyed the s*@! outta me all the time, but I'll miss the booger.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:13 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
Ex is leaving me stuck places for minutes at a time because I can't get the shifter to release out of park. Currently researching what part is causing the failure. I'm assuming some sort of lockout solenoid or a simple brake sensor. Annoying.
Had to put my Beagle down yesterday, poor old guy hurt his back and jacked his paw up and I was staring down a ~5-10K bill to keep a 14 year old dog in good quality of life. No more pets for our household for a while at least. That little furball annoyed the s*@! outta me all the time, but I'll miss the booger.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

On the Ex it could be in the column. I know there is an interlock also. One odd thing I found is turning the key off the interlock will loose it's power and let you shift with you foot off the break
peddle when going from Park into any gear.Give the key off a try and I can look up the PDF for you later if you would like. I just have to find something to plug the PC into as it's sitting on the floor
waiting on me to clean the disaster I have right now. Xander left me a present back in a corner. I can solve that problem by turning the desk. I just need to clean the carpet first.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:13 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Thanks for the wishes guys, I have been released from the hospital and will be headed home shortly!

Trustin, hope you figure out the ex before it leaves you stranded all together.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:59 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader

I think I got a photo of the solenoid for you.

It's tucked up above the break peddle. This is to the left of the column.

I was doing some reassembling of te project I have in the driveway and thought I should grab you a photo.
There seems to be two wires coming out of the black cap. Might be worth checking it out.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Alright gentleman check is in the mail. Going to source a fender and bumper on Monday. Fenders are all over, having a difficult time locating the bumper though.

Still have enough for the raptor liner, warn hubs, 1aauto mirrors and Motorcraft calipers up front.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:30 PM
onug
Postmaster
Sorry to hear about your dog. I had the same reaction when we put our cat down years ago. He was a PITA and suddenly I missed the little turd...so strange.

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Alright gentleman check is in the mail. Going to source a fender and bumper on Monday. Fenders are all over, having a difficult time locating the bumper though.

Still have enough for the raptor liner, warn hubs, 1aauto mirrors and Motorcraft calipers up front.
Sweet...I’m looking forward to following the updates and pictures here!

Originally Posted by Tim Young
Thanks for the wishes guys, I have been released from the hospital and will be headed home shortly!.
Glad to hear it went well and you’re out of the hospital. Take care of yourself!

Quick Reply: 2019 Annual B.S. Thread!