Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Glow Plug Issue

Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 PM
RaymondIV
Senior User
RaymondIV is starting off with a positive reputation.
These QuickStart kits were original factory equipment on some road graders and other Detroit diesel powered equipment we used to baby-sit. A metered amount and they worked well.
Quick Start | Diesel Engine Ether Injection Systems

Old 02-08-2019, 08:34 PM
johnboy44
New User
johnboy44 is starting off with a positive reputation.
OK, I'm convinced. That brings up two more questions. 1) which kit? (Looks like either Kat's 33102 or 33185) and 2) where to put it ? Did I mention my project is an E350 van? Real estate is pretty well taken up by oem stuff. I will do the hydroboost mod so that will free up a bit of firewall, I've added the e-pump and filters underneath, just haven't removed the (now) excess plumbing up top. After seeing nickpisca's setup, I've gotta do it. Always 'just one more thing'.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Caleb Hall
New User
Caleb Hall is starting off with a positive reputation.
Similar topic, side note, sorry if I'm hijacking. I replaced GPs last week. Installed a momentary bypass this week. No cold start. I want to to test the harness and plugs next. What should I see for readings on a multimeter testing back to the relay? Additionally this truck was once a tow rig, and has so much wiring I wouldn't even know where to start if it were grounded somewhere stupid.... Thanks guys.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:24 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
what brand glow plugs did you put in it?
if they were not motorcraft glow plugs, they are most likely burned out already.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.