Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springs

Old 12-13-2018, 08:23 AM
peenhead
New User
peenhead is starting off with a positive reputation.
Springs

Looking to replace the springs on my '02 X and have found some springs from SD Truck Springs that are less expensive, any one tried these and are they going to last? Thanks,

Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 AM
SmackDaddy
Shade Tree Wrencher
SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Everyone is going to recommend ATS Springs including me. I have X and Modified C codes on my Excursion and everything I needed was shipped to me on a pallet ready to go. Call them and ask for Junior and he will set you up with everything you need. SD springs are cheap but you don’t want to skimp on your springs.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:10 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Post Fiend
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Yes people have tried them and no they do not last, but then again no springs last because they are a consumable wear item. All springs sag with use and time.

Are you wanting to replace the stock springs both front and rear ?
what ride height do have now and what ride height do you want ?
is price more important then quality ?

Answer those questions and I’ll recommend a suitable replacement

Old 12-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Go with ATS Springs instead. They are a supporting vendor here and their rep, Junior at ATS posts and helps a ton.

Stewart

Old 12-16-2018, 08:39 PM
6_Myles
Senior User
6_Myles is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought used v codes...they lasted about 4-5 years before they were sagged too bad...I'm now ATS on all 4 corners. Highly recommend them.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:10 PM
inthedirt
Senior User
inthedirt has a good reputation on FTE.inthedirt has a good reputation on FTE.
I used SD springs for my lift removal (lowered it down 4in) and was not happy with their shipping quotes. The order didn't arrive on time and caused a major headache in prepping my rig for a 10-day vacation out of state. Will not be buying from them again. As for their products, I haven't had a problem with any specific item that I've ordered. In fact, I will be removing their springs again and ordering another set to drop it down even lower. My rig still sits too high for my liking, so I'm going to be repeating all of the same work once it warms back up again.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:30 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant future
Another vote for ATS. Great products and service. Im very happy with the way my truck rides and looks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.