Payment options.... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Payment options....

Old 12-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Jafo56
Elder User
Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Payment options....

Ok guys....for you guys that have sold your high dollar trucks....what is the best form of payment you would consider?.....

Old 12-11-2018, 06:34 PM
26tudor
Senior User
26tudor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.26tudor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Certified bank check

Old 12-11-2018, 06:59 PM
CBeav
Elder User
CBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to all
I've bought several in and out of state cars through PayPal, without any issues. There's also a number of online escrow services but I have no experience with them.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Mervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to behold
Electronic transfer, from his/her account directly to your account. You can see the result instantly.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:42 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Jafo56 View Post
Ok guys....for you guys that have sold your high dollar trucks....what is the best form of payment you would consider?.....
What are you planning on selling, Joe?

Old 12-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Jafo56
Elder User
Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have someone interested in my 56 Abe......my hot rod......I actually enjoy my stockones better for some reason....I know....crazy right!....... if it sells I will be looking for an all stock 48-52 f-2 or f-3......thanks for the replies guys....

Old 12-11-2018, 11:13 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jafo56 View Post
I have someone interested in my 56 Abe......my hot rod......I actually enjoy my stockones better for some reason....I know....crazy right!....... if it sells I will be looking for an all stock 48-52 f-2 or f-3......thanks for the replies guys....
Not crazy, it sounds like you are coming to your senses. You finally looked in the mirror and saw what all those cookies were doing to you.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:32 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Joe, there is a stock unrestored 56 F100 longbed on eBay for sale. The truck is in Lebanon. When it was listed earlier he listed the location as Manheim. I texted him about it out of curiosity and he said it is in Brickerville. My brother says he remembers seeing it there. The asking price, I think is too high. But it is a lot less than his original asking price.
link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Ford-O...4:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Old 12-12-2018, 06:58 AM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Wow! That's a nice looking truck. Pricey though. When you said Lebanon, I was thinking it was close to me, but it's Lebanon PA not MO.
I noticed the floor mat is shifted to the drivers side some, just like mine. The pattern they use must just be off a bit. I thought I did something wrong.
Bed wood is body color, I think we have had discussions on that before.
It's nice, but at that price, I think it will sit for a while.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Jafo56
Elder User
Nice truck Abe!........ I looked at that truck really good at Hershey......I know it's the same with the bed wood issue...... I can honestly say that was a great truck....a tad too rich for my blood......but once I sell mine we shall see!........

Old 12-12-2018, 04:09 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to all
Why would they put such ugly looking taillights on it?

Old 12-13-2018, 05:25 AM
Badmoonreizen
Senior User
Badmoonreizen is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Badmoonreizen is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
As a trial lawyer for 50 years, I would add one additional step in the electronic transfer. Open a new account at your bank, put $100.00 in in it, and when the transfer is complete, sweep the $ into your regular account..That way, the purchaser does not have your regular account #, and cannot reverse the transaction.

Regards, Mark.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:37 AM
abe
Post Fiend
Joe, here is a F4 that an older gentleman wants to sell. If interested I can get a price for you. He has not listed yet.

​​​

Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 AM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Badmoonreizen View Post
As a trial lawyer for 50 years, I would add one additional step in the electronic transfer. Open a new account at your bank, put $100.00 in in it, and when the transfer is complete, sweep the $ into your regular account..That way, the purchaser does not have your regular account #, and cannot reverse the transaction.

Regards, Mark.
Great advise. This is also how I manage my PayPal account. It is not linked to my regular bank account, but to an account I add money to just for purchases. On the rare occasion that I sell something I pull the money out right away.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:54 AM
abe
Post Fiend

Joe, an older gentleman wants to sell his 51 F4. He hasn't listed it anywhere. So I'm not sure what he wants for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.