Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delayed Accessory Relay problem

Old 01-04-2019, 10:09 AM
danno676
Junior User
danno676 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
an update to this, I am finally home from work and can take a look at it. So far I have constant power at what I believe are position 85 and 30 on the acc delay relay. I took the bolts holding the junction box in the dash and started wiggling the connections on the back, the radio would come on at intermittent times with no real rhyme or reason, and as stated above it seems the it would work when the outside temp was 60 or above (yeah, stuff shrinks).

In the end I found that without manipulating the connections I could twist the junction box, similar to breaking ice cubes out of an ice tray, and the radio would work. So I really rigged it up and placed a shim behind one of the mounting legs to "tweak" it, radio works constant for now.

Would that point to a poor connection within the box, more than likely? Any bright ideas?

Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 AM
EXSwap
Elder User
EXSwap is a name known to allEXSwap is a name known to allEXSwap is a name known to allEXSwap is a name known to allEXSwap is a name known to allEXSwap is a name known to all
Following along on this as well. I had an “incident” where the radio died, then the cluster (all the gauges to zero), then the windows, and ampmeter to 8.1 volts while driving. Charged batteries and all seems well again.

I would think that that if you can flex the box and get things going on and off, there’s a loose connection or corrosion in there somewhere. I’ve not had one apart, so I can’t really suggest how to fix it, but I’d for sure be tearing it down if I were you (that’s where I’d start at least).

Old 01-05-2019, 09:11 AM
danno676
Junior User
danno676 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Low voltage can play havoc with the electronics on a vehicle. Yestti had to install new battery, had 400 can out of 1000, no good.

i expect to find something funky in the box, when I have time that is.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:29 PM
yolfran arevalo
New User
yolfran arevalo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by projectSHO89 View Post
The cluster is not the issue as clarified in post #6. Also, since the main windows also work, the ADR itself is okay.

See attached diagram for discussion.

The output on the ADR on pin 87 is fed to two fuses, F601 which supplies the main window circuits and F42 which supplies the power vents and the radio. The F42 circuit is your problem. Pull it out and inspect the terminals of the fuse, the fuse itself, and the interior contacts that the fuse mates to. You might find that there had been an "add-a-fuse" tap used on that fuse and it stretched the contacts causing poor contact when removed. There are other possibilities, but that's the first that comes to mind.
i have a problem with my ford e-450 superstroker the dash stops working and the transmission changes but the truck turns on help please

Old 03-16-2019, 05:54 AM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by yolfran arevalo View Post
i have a problem with my ford e-450 superstroker the dash stops working and the transmission changes but the truck turns on help please
Start your own NEW thread in the CORRECT forum section for your vehicle and give COMPLETE details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.